Brexit - The Final

I will qualify my remarks about BoJo as Foreign Secretary with this observation: not all of the SCS were badly disposed towards him because he favoured absorbing DfID. A spot of empire building never goes down too badly...
If he'd tried DFID would probably have absorbed the FCO and the subsequent inquiry prove that it cost five times as much as it should.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
All a bit strong. May be just have them wear some sort of symbol so we can identify these traitors. Something colourful and a simple symbol, say an inverted triangle. A bright colour like red would work. Nothing too extreme.

Or what’s more likely, all but the most prominent brexiters will be wearing their ‘don’t blame me I voted remain’ badges.

All a bit strong. May be just have them wear some sort of symbol so we can identify these traitors. Something colourful and a simple symbol, say an inverted triangle. A bright colour like red would work. Nothing too extreme.
Unless you read the link 'Indy100' and realise it has been fabricated.
But still, why don't you post some other tropes to show your divisive bent.
Where do you live again?

FFS, who saw fit to make you a mod.

The FCO do not like DFID. In the interminable Whitehall turf wars, costs rarely come into it.
I'm fully aware thanks, my comment was more about grandiose schemes and Johnson.

Unless you read the link 'Indy100' and realise it has been fabricated.
But still, why don't you post some other tropes to show your divisive bent.
Where do you live again?

FFS, who saw fit to make you a mod.
Did you read it?

“Does it mean that, if we are Brexiting, that every civil servant, every ambassador, even the head of the army or head of the navy? Would they have to be replaced if they are Remainers? Is that democracy, Nigel?”

The Brexit Party leader replied:

“Well absolutely, the job of the civil service is to do what the elected government of the day tells them to do, and I know this government doesn’t look like a Brexit government very often, but the fact of the matter is they were elected in 2017, on a manifesto to deliver Brexit and if civil servants are seen to be in obstruction to that, they should either change their ways or be removed.”

Who is the snitch?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Fact check... wrong name... President Juncker is no more. Just saying like. Do you add ketchup to your thick mince?
He was when that was printed, living in the UK at the time does have its uses.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
And the reverso-cycle has been deployed...

Amber Rudd U-turn on no deal Brexit paves way for job in Boris Johnson Cabinet

Absolutely nothing to do with BoJo stating you could not serve in his cabinet unless you accepted that a no deal Brexit might be necessary.

Rudd will be the first of a number of current cabinet ministers deciding that they can countenance a no deal Brexit after all. To do otherwise would result in the loss of ministerial perks, ministerial salary and being demoted to a humble back bencher.

Wordsmith
If I was Boris, I'd get to sign a legal declaration to that, they sway, they get sacked from the Cabinet,