Brexit - The Final

Yes but that’s not what they did. They borrowed more on the credit cards, whilst cutting down on public sector jobs like the police.
Thought you claimed to be brainy :D:D

Your starter for 10 is:

Look up PFI deals under the Labour Government 1997 - 2010. That will tell you all you need to know about why the Tories inherited a financial timebomb.

Amuse yourself - because you do not appear to be particularly amazing.

Seven things everyone should know about the Private Finance Initiative

The great debt deceit: how Gordon Brown cooked the nation’s books | The Spectator

The NHS owes £80BILLION on PFI deals for hospitals worth just £12billion despite paying £831milion of taxpayers' cash in the past six years
Ministers are urged to claw back millions from PFI deals | Daily Mail Online

Breaking: No10: “PM won’t be asking for a long extension. There is a case for giving Parliament a bit more time to agree a way forward, but the people of this country have been waiting nearly 3 years.. They are fed up with Parliament’s failure to take a decision
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/business-47583407

Which will get f@cked off at the high port, as according to the EU

Theresa May will ask the EU to delay Brexit today amid warnings from Brussels that the price of an extension could be a general election or second referendum.
Theresa May pleads for delay to Brexit as EU stands firm

lots of stories going round this morning that TM may be ousted in the next few days - probably rubbish but one can only hope! The damage this imnbecile has done and the position she has put us in, can only be addressed with her imediate sacking and replacement with someone who actually believes in the UK and Brexit. Fingers crossed Hamnmod, Rudd, Lidington and all the rest of the remainers get sacked by her replacement and then a deep cleanse of the Treasury and senior CS for those actively working on the EU side.

In my humble opinion, all right thinking people MUST vote if there is another GE anytime soon. Your strategy makes a Corbyn led Government more likely, most likely shored up by a coalition of the SNP, Lib Dem’s(remember Vince will have left the stage) and other minority Parties such as Plaid and the Greens. What an horrendous prospect! I share your views of the current Tory Party, but May will have to make way if we get to the stage of an early GE. The problem is, who is the obvious, unifying candidate they so desperately need? They are not exactly queuing around the block!
Meanwhile, the PM of this once proud and great country has to go back with her begging bowl to Brussels on Thursday. How demeaning and what a clusterfcuk it has turned out to be. :-(
I get rightly accused of constant moaning about my country, but what can I do when you look at the shennigans the country has found itself in, since the departure of the gifted but flawed Thatcher.... My appraisal has now reached the stage, that to change things we have to change our own behaviour first and as such I think it is rational to adopt the attitude I take.

This PM however has reached a real nadir of shittyness and even my thick skin finds it downright embarassing the constant crawling and its like Singapore 42 all over again at times with our reputuation being dragged through the mud.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This taking back control malarkey isn't all it's cracked up to be.
It needs someone actually able to exert that control. In May and Corbyn we don't have people able to control their own Party never mind the Country.

It needs someone actually able to exert that control. In May and Corbyn we don't have people able to control their own Party never mind the Country.
Given the state of government and the undermining of democracy, I think it's about time the UK had a strongman politician in charge of it.

It's all the rage these days; The USA has one, Hungary, Austria, Italy and others.

Our swamp needs draining too.

But that's one of the consequences of ignoring the plebs for too long; I suspect we're in for a lurch to the hard right over the next decade or so.

I'll be voting for it - even as a Labour voter (who has never voted anything but Labour) - because we need a good shaking.

In my humble opinion, all right thinking people MUST vote if there is another GE anytime soon. Your strategy makes a Corbyn led Government more likely, most likely shored up by a coalition of the SNP, Lib Dem’s(remember Vince will have left the stage) and other minority Parties such as Plaid and the Greens. What an horrendous prospect! I share your views of the current Tory Party, but May will have to make way if we get to the stage of an early GE. The problem is, who is the obvious, unifying candidate they so desperately need? They are not exactly queuing around the block!
Meanwhile, the PM of this once proud and great country has to go back with her begging bowl to Brussels on Thursday. How demeaning and what a clusterfcuk it has turned out to be. :-(
Who says it has to be a unifying candidate? - what is required is someone who will lead! - and with that, the courage to sack and cajole ministers/backbenchers.

Most importantly we need someone who will actually take the fight to the enemy and stop embarassing the nation by quietly submitting to abuse and threats from EU officials.

A few months back TM stood in downing street and read out a statement in response (finally!) to Tusks tweet with a cherry on top of a cake. She actually gained widespread respect and support from the majority of the population for doing that.

Sadly, being an iunthinking diot who always picks useless political advisors, that was the one and only time she stood up for the UK publically. I would strongly recommend her replacement takes the lesson on board and actually starts to publically push back at the EU and also starts giving positive patriotic messaging

- I know our traitorous MPs wouldnt like that but the most important thing is that public will and any new PM who gains strong public support will be somebody the MPs will think twice about undermining!

May has apparently requested an extension until the end of June and no longer.

From The Mail so shan't bother with a link!

Reasons cited are that the Cabinet will not allow a longer extension.
I would imagine that the EU won't allow longer either as it would necessitate the UK voting in EU elections and I don't think anyone wants that.

Personally I can live with June, not happy with it but can live with it. Any longer and I will chuck my toys out of the pram and have a proper full on strop.

May has apparently requested an extension until the end of June and no longer.

From The Mail so shan't bother with a link!

Reasons cited are that the Cabinet will not allow a longer extension.
I would imagine that the EU won't allow longer either as it would necessitate the UK voting in EU elections and I don't think anyone wants that.

Personally I can live with June, not happy with it but can live with it. Any longer and I will chuck my toys out of the pram and have a proper full on strop.
What happens if the EU insists on a longer extension? This 'holding all the cards' mantra looks a little wobbly.

What happens if the EU insists on a longer extension? This 'holding all the cards' mantra looks a little wobbly.

Which apparently they will according to various reports.

It’s funny we hold all the cards; yet it’s us fumbling around to avoid no deal; yet it’s us flying out to Brussels to negotiate.

Strange.

To specifically target something... you have to know it’s coming in and you can’t monitor compliance without having .... something.... there

And to be efficient that something has to involve physically deploying people
Well here's the nub isn't it. Anywhere else attempt to thwart criminal gangs would be welcomed. In NI it's an overtly political matter, which is down to Terrorist funding and the Dail maintains this charade. Just so long as political intentions are obfuscated, yet it still wants UK as a milksop. " But daddy is horrible and cruel to us and beats us every night"