Brexit - The Final

I wouldn’t mind a deal of some sorts, but I was never expecting Blair to be advising the EU on how to f**k us over
Agreed,

The EU have played the negotiations very well, to my annoyance, and even today they are holding the high ground by saying that a no deal is the most likely outcome, by announcing this they are scaring remoaners in parliament and hoping that this will lead to a long extension of article 50 therefore forcing a second referendum and/or a GE.

I suppose if the PM set up a cross party brexit team and discussed a negotiating strategy when article 50 was triggered we may well be in a position were we are threatening the EU with a no deal forcing them into giving us a decent deal, but we're not.

TMs statement to the House just now:

Unless this house agrees to it no deal will not happen

So that’s No Deal off the table then.
Interesting.

I will file that with some of her other statements, you know, the "no deal is better than a bad deal" "we will leave the EU on the 29th March" and "there will be no extension" and so on.

Never mind the Brexit crisis. We have one much closer to home.

Interesting.

I will file that with some of her other statements, you know, the "no deal is better than a bad deal" "we will leave the EU on the 29th March" and "there will be no extension" and so on.

Never mind the Brexit crisis. We have one much closer to home.
You and I share the same level of confidence in TMs words.

Who could have predicted things would turn out to be such an amusing catastrofück?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Really, that’s a little hopeful, who on earth are SUTR. And is Antifa not some weird American thing,
Good for them making the trip over, more than a lot of the brexit keyboard warriors would do.
Antifa are a global bunch of cretins, their name comes from the words Anti and Fascist. SUTR are the supposed bully boys of the SWP, ably supported by Flabbot, initials stand for Stand Up To Racism. Both have form for kicking off at the drop of a hat, although both leave the proper hard right alone but will have a pop at soft target and police.

ugly

LE
@goutman you can disagree but until the SI is in place we still leave on Friday with no deal! The SI 's haven't been debated yet and unless a vote on the WA happens this week the Eu won't allow any extension!

@goutman you can disagree but until the SI is in place we still leave on Friday with no deal! The SI 's haven't been debated yet and unless a vote on the WA happens this week the Eu won't allow any extension!

You still don't understand the situation.

Antifa are a global bunch of cretins, their name comes from the words Anti and Fascist. SUTR are the supposed bully boys of the SWP, ably supported by Flabbot, initials stand for Stand Up To Racism. Both have form for kicking off at the drop of a hat, although both leave the proper hard right alone but will have a pop at soft target and police.
You've have Antifa that act like facists, and Stand Up To Racism rallies where speakers have made racist speeches an example of which is when Mustafa Al-Dabbagh representing the Muslim Association of Britain said

Both Antifa and Stand Up For Racism ironically live up to their name

The outstanding questions:

Did 17.4 million people knowingly vote to be worse off?
Did they fully understand the consequences?
Do they want a cliff edge regardless?
Do they deserve a chance to change their mind now that the facts have emerged?
Do they respect democracy enough to accept a reversal?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
So I did a little experiment. I've already signed up to the hard Brexit petition.

Petition: Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019.

So I used a different email address.

1553536720099.png

And was successful.

1553536906094.png

My ISP (not Yahoo) allows any number of email addresses to be aliased to my main one. There is a tool called Burp Suite used in computer security. Using its functionality, it would be trivial for me to add 100,000 names to the hard Brexit one. Which:
  1. Makes me very distrustful of any petition that puts on that many signatures that fast. (Remain or Leave).
  2. Makes me very doubtful of the standards of journalism that can work out that there are automated tools out there.
Wordsmith

The outstanding questions:

Did 17.4 million people knowingly vote to be worse off?
Did they fully understand the consequences?
Do they want a cliff edge regardless?
Do they deserve a chance to change their mind now that the facts have emerged?
Do they respect democracy enough to accept a reversal?
Best parody account evvah!

ETA: Don't do drugs, kids.

So I did a little experiment. I've already signed up to the hard Brexit petition.

Petition: Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019.

So I used a different email address.

View attachment 384495

And was successful.

View attachment 384497
My ISP (not Yahoo) allows any number of email addresses to be aliased to my main one. There is a tool called Burp Suite used in computer security. Using its functionality, it would be trivial for me to add 100,000 names to the hard Brexit one. Which:
  1. Makes me very distrustful of any petition that puts on that many signatures that fast. (Remain or Leave).
  2. Makes me very doubtful of the standards of journalism that can work out that there are automated tools out there.
Wordsmith
Yeah, remember when you were all excited about how quickly the Leave with No Deal petition was being signed?

That was funny.

753A830E-9FC5-44B3-A58A-06CA6F95E43E.png

DAB87EE4-5C1B-4C02-B573-A163A7DC3BFB.png

I'm with Ugly here - unless there is a major change of direction, brought about by votes in the UK parliament AND the EU 'parliament', we are out on Friday. And yet the extensions seem to be taken as read - am I missing a crucial vote ?

ugly

LE
I'm with Ugly here - unless there is a major change of direction, brought about by votes in the UK parliament AND the EU 'parliament', we are out on Friday. And yet the extensions seem to be taken as read - am I missing a crucial vote ?
Nope, its the remainers who didn't read the news on the possible extensions!