Brexit - The Final

Well, It's good to see that Boris can remain consistent about something.

'Writing of him in a school report in April 1982, he said: “Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.” '

Letter to Boris Johnson’s dad from Eton College resurfaces online – and it explains a lot

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
There is something worse that train spotters - wagon spotters. You'll see them on the platform at Crewe (or similar) with their video camera videoing the trains. Then they go home and freeze frame the video to recover the wagon numbers.

I used to travel regularly through Crewe - a train spotters paradise. It always used to amuse me that they stood five yards apart so they didn't have to talk to each other.

Wordsmith
Don’t forget to do that on Friday. It’ll make the crowd look bigger. Pack sandwiches, London’s pricey.

I've just looked at National Express for getting home. Its a remarkably reasonable £25!
I can get one of my lorry drivers to drop me in London Friday morning and catch a bus back late Friday night. (or I could wait until the ealry hours of Saturday and get one of my weekend drivers to pick me up)

I think Mrs Jaman isn't too impressed with the idea but it looks fairly sure that I will attend. Unless Parliament decides between then and now to honour democracy.

I have never been on a protest in my life, but it looks like I will go on this one.

Have a look at flights. They might be even cheaper.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not old enough to qualify for a bus pass!

And I haven't been on a bus for about 20 years, don't much fancy one now tbh. But needs must!
Enjoy, although I suspect it will be a miserable experience. There are protests which usually attract a good crowd and a bit of fun. (A bit like last Saturday and the anti Trump one)

Fridays one I expect to be an angry, pitiful and bad tempered affair.

Watching parliament just now, and PMTM and others have shut down the idea of No Deal as being something that we do not want.

But in the space of 10mins I have heard there will be no hard border in Northern Ireland, and we would save £35billion as she foresees a £4billion initial cost of leaving if we depart on the 12th April.

Its crazy, no deal keeps getting shot down but its by far the less messy outcome, oh and 17.4 million people voted for it.

Have a look at flights. They might be even cheaper.
I did, but I can get a bus that arrives close to where I have a lorry on Saturday morning. So I can get virtually back to my door. On the other hand I could schedule a lorry with a sleeper cab to be in London very early Saturday morning and just sleep all the way home for free!

I could take the car, but if for any reason I missed the bus its still fairly easy to get home and I don't have to find somewhere to park etc

Watching parliament just now, and PMTM and others have shut down the idea of No Deal as being something that we do not want.

But in the space of 10mins I have heard there will be no hard border in Northern Ireland, and we would save £35billion as she foresees a £4billion initial cost of leaving if we depart on the 12th April.

Its crazy, no deal keeps getting shot down but its by far the less messy outcome, oh and 17.4 million people voted for it.
I wouldn’t mind a deal of some sorts, but I was never expecting Blair to be advising the EU on how to f**k us over

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well, It's good to see that Boris can remain consistent about something.

'Writing of him in a school report in April 1982, he said: “Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.” '

Letter to Boris Johnson’s dad from Eton College resurfaces online – and it explains a lot
I think many father's would be quite pleased that they have a son not willing to just give in to authority, has ambition and self confidence, probably beyond his tender years. All in all that would not be a particularly bad letter to get.

My father, a long time regular soldier and then commissioned officer received my term report from IJLB to be told "JPte AY does just enough to keep himself out of trouble and sometimes does not succeed in that"

I know which letter my father would have preferred! :oops:

TMs statement to the House just now:

Unless this house agrees to it no deal will not happen

So that’s No Deal off the table then.

Enjoy, although I suspect it will be a miserable experience. There are protests which usually attract a good crowd and a bit of fun. (A bit like last Saturday and the anti Trump one)

Fridays one I expect to be an angry, pitiful and bad tempered affair.

I don't expect it to be fun to be truthful. I don't like London and I'm not good in crowds
But it is time to put my money where my mouth is I think.

I don't expect it to be fun to be truthful. I don't like London and I'm not good in crowds
You absolutely should, as is your democratic right.

I went to the March on Saturday, fully expecting it to be full of lunatic professional protestors, but was pleasantly surprised to find a great cross section of society present.

I hope you find the same.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Can’t argue with that
All the best

(Although this being a pro UKIP/brexit thing, given their past history the big crowd may not be a problem:)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
May is still answering questions about her statement yet the Tory benches have virtually emptied. May obviously no longer holds the respect of her parliamentary party!