Brexit - The Final

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
No, but we were repeatedly told that the EU prevented World War Three, generally by chinless, never-served wonders . And we were promised Super Gonorrhoea:

Brexit 'could lead to spread of super-gonorrhoea and other diseases'
Love the logic.
The UK’s proximity to mainland Europe and high levels of cross-border travel on the continent mean that without a closely joined up approach the results could be disastrous.
So basically, the highly infections carriers of the STD don't infect anyone on the continent while crossing it, but only infect people once they get to the UK.

"Niall Dickson, chief executive of the NHS Confederation", clearly wasn't wearing his tin foil hat when he came up with his press release.

Wordsmith

Yes we saw that, when it was plain and clear that the number that turned up was all they were going to get, I almost felt sorry for Nigel.

Limited for sensible logistical reasons, you didn’t think to limit it to fit, photogenic people.

That’s the only protest I’ve ever seen walking in single file. They looked defeated as soon as they started to move.
Oh and today it’s down to 84
Reminds me of the famous pictures of the defeated 6th Army marching into Soviet captivity in 1943.

Broken, abandoned and utterly exhausted in the name of a stupid cause ;)

(This may contain hyperbole)

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
You have a fascination about buses, no bad thing if you are into that sort of thing, it keeps you await from the train stations watching your trains.
There is something worse that train spotters - wagon spotters. You'll see them on the platform at Crewe (or similar) with their video camera videoing the trains. Then they go home and freeze frame the video to recover the wagon numbers.

I used to travel regularly through Crewe - a train spotters paradise. It always used to amuse me that they stood five yards apart so they didn't have to talk to each other.

Wordsmith

You'll argue black is white.

Pointless discussing with you.

The long march is doing more to damage the cause for leaving than anything else at the moment.
What the **** are you wibbling about?

There’s literally zero point talking to you, you make wild assertions, provide no evidence at all and can’t think logically or coherently.

Respond to someone else, it was fun for a bit seeing what total pish you’d write next, but in all honesty you’re just a really tedious oaf.

What the **** are you wibbling about?

There’s literally zero point talking to you, you make wild assertions, provide no evidence at all and can’t think logically or coherently.

Respond to someone else, it was fun for a bit seeing what total pish you’d write next, but in all honesty you’re just a really tedious oaf.
I'm not going round in circles refighting the referendum.

Why the hell would I waste my time responding to a bad actor about why we should remain in the EU.

What a bellend!

Your excuses for the pathetic march to nowhere are entertaining, so this exchange wasn't entirely fruitless.

Enjoy your day

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Reminds me of the famous pictures of the defeated 6th Army marching into Soviet captivity in 1943.

Broken, abandoned and utterly exhausted in the name of a stupid cause ;)

(This may contain hyperbole)
There were 24 generals captured at Stalingrad. The way the numbers are going on the misery walk, Nigel’s lot are going to be lucky to get that amount to make it to London.

They'll be picking up a few along the way and a lot more will be there in parliament Sq to greet them.
I've just looked at National Express for getting home. Its a remarkably reasonable £25!
I can get one of my lorry drivers to drop me in London Friday morning and catch a bus back late Friday night. (or I could wait until the ealry hours of Saturday and get one of my weekend drivers to pick me up)

I think Mrs Jaman isn't too impressed with the idea but it looks fairly sure that I will attend. Unless Parliament decides between then and now to honour democracy.

I have never been on a protest in my life, but it looks like I will go on this one.

...I very much like the childish response of the ‘last word’ comment, along with the whole ‘I know but I’m not telling you’ defence.
Gnaws at your soul, doesn't it? Try scratching your balls while thinking of sausages. I know it makes me feel better...

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
At the risk of upsetting anyone, but isn’t this ‘the easy bit’ and once we get the Withdrawal Agreement sorted out we still have to do the Future Relationship discussion.
Five years was mentioned.
I sense a cunning plan here.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Why the hell would I waste my time responding to a bad actor about why we should remain in the EU.

What a bellend!

Your excuses for the pathetic march to nowhere are entertaining, so this exchange wasn't entirely fruitless.

Enjoy your day
You need to calm down as brexit seems to be taxing your limited mental resources. Be grateful though that this government is putting so much more money into mental health to help failing Remainers! o_O

Last edited:
At the risk of upsetting anyone, but isn’t this ‘the easy bit’ and once we get the Withdrawal Agreement sorted out we still have to do the Future Relationship discussion.
Five years was mentioned.
I sense a cunning plan here.
Yes. This is the bit where 'the UK holds all the cards'. Looks like PMTM isn't going for a vote this week, though.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I've just looked at National Express for getting home. Its a remarkably reasonable £25!
I can get one of my lorry drivers to drop me in London Friday morning and catch a bus back late Friday night. (or I could wait until the ealry hours of Saturday and get one of my weekend drivers to pick me up)

I think Mrs Jaman isn't too impressed with the idea but it looks fairly sure that I will attend. Unless Parliament decides between then and now to honour democracy.

I have never been on a protest in my life, but it looks like I will go on this one.
Are there no bus passes over there?

What a bellend!

Enjoy your day
Are you suggesting that @Oxygen_Thief is really Sylvester Stallone?o_O