Brexit - The Final

Is that Gordon Brown's fault, as well?
In essence yes. What PM gives away the right to transact business to a trade club and determines that his country’s Trade is determined by it? That’s why we’re in this mess. Admittedly it was part of a process, but why keep hammering nails into a coffin. Do you not get the synergy between Scottish Labour and the SNP?

If you're skint and you want to borrow some money from the bank, you have to accept their T&Cs; sure you can haggle and maybe get a minor change here or there but by and large the bank gets its way or you don't get any money.

Now the EU are skint and we are the bank, and that's why we hold the cards; you follow the analogy?
Explaining banking (at a basic level) to Baggy is like explaining Hegel to an armadillo - it ain't going to work out!

The Netherlands is another big contributor to EU coffers- her PM, Mark Rutte, has similar concerns to Germany about our leaving- ie, they’ll have to pick up a bigger share of the tab.
Of course he’s dressing it up as concern for our standing in the world. Which is jolly considerate of him but I don’t think he needs to be so pessimistic on our behalf cheers.
The Dutch are concerned about our standing. Sweet baby Jesus, they've not had any world standing since... err... err... um... The Treaty of Paris?

M'eh. Whatever.

Edit for autocorrect

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't do the lottery. Poor man's tax.

Heseltine was good on R4 just now.
Hesaltine is so far left I’m surprised he’s still in the Conservative Party.
The senile old fool should do the decent thing.

:rolleyes:
If you worked for me, I wouldn't let you have any contact with other humans. Is it part of your remit to apologise to people on behalf of the UK? If it's true and you are doing this, you could be doing untold damage to future trade deals the country makes.
I wouldn't work for you.

The Dutch PM needs to learn a lesson from recent history. Anyone remember when The Guardian asked it's readers to write letters to the people of Clarke County, Ohio begging them not to vote for GW Bush in the 2004 Presidential election.

In 2000 the Democrats carried it by 1%. In 2004 in response to the Guardian readers interference in their election George Bush carried it by 51%

The Dutch bloke ought to remember that us British - like the residents of Clarke County, Ohio - really don't appreciate being told what to do by foreigners. We tend to prefer it if they kept their noses out of our business, and we are bloody-minded enough to actually do the opposite of what the foreigners would like us to do, just to piss them off.

It is that bloody-mindedness that means we will welcome a no-deal Brexit if it means pissing of foreigners.

The remain side seem to forget that bloody-mindedness that is a hallmark of the British.

Imagine that! That we will ignore the financial impact of Brexit and go for a no-deal Brexit just out of spite. It must annoy, and frighten, some Remainers. They just don't understand the mindset that can do something like that.

It's a pity because it is one of our more persistent and prominent features.

The Dutch PM needs to learn a lesson from recent history. Anyone remember when The Guardian asked it's readers to write letters to the people of Clarke County, Ohio begging them not to vote for GW Bush in the 2004 Presidential election.

In 2000 the Democrats carried it by 1%. In 2004 in response to the Guardian readers interference in their election George Bush carried it by 51%

The Dutch bloke ought to remember that us British - like the residents of Clarke County, Ohio - really don't appreciate being told what to do by foreigners. We tend to prefer it if they kept their noses out of our business, and we are bloody-minded enough to actually do the opposite of what the foreigners would like us to do, just to piss them off.

It is that bloody-mindedness that means we will welcome a no-deal Brexit if it means pissing of foreigners.

The remain side seem to forget that bloody-mindedness that is a hallmark of the British.

Imagine that! That we will ignore the financial impact of Brexit and go for a no-deal Brexit just out of spite. It must annoy, and frighten, some Remainers. They just don't understand the mindset that can do something like that.

It's a pity because it is one of our more persistent and prominent features.
One of my good mates from the HO (same ethnic origins as the current Home Sec) has been saying exactly the same since Obama's spectacularly ill-judged intervention in 2016.