Brexit - The Final

When they're promising something, remember, this where it ends up:

I really don't understand what the Remainers on this thread hope to get. Almost 1400 pages in and not one Leave voter has had their position changed.

It's over. Finished. The Remainers have lost.

Boris will shortly be the Prime Minister.
He will ask Her Majesty to prorogue Parliament.
He will tell the EU to offer us a much better deal.
If they don't Britain will leave without a deal on October 31st.

Seriously, which of those things do the Remainers think they can change, and how do they think they are they getting on at the moment?

They must be really frustrated and angry due to the fact that they are not changing anyone's position, and they are impotent to do so.

Guph, guph guph, I know, I'll post a few links from the LSE and the Gruniad......oh and a few belters from the twattersphere.
Having trouble breathing? Try some oil, that'll calm you down. You don't do this pretend ignoring very well do you? Did you read the LSE link? Rhetorical.

Dmitry still explains where it ends up, for anyone interested in anything other than empty promises.

I really don't understand what the Remainers on this thread hope to get. Almost 1400 pages in and not one Leave voter has had their position changed.

It's over. Finished. The Remainers have lost.

Boris will shortly be the Prime Minister.
He will ask Her Majesty to prorogue Parliament.
He will tell the EU to offer us a much better deal.
If they don't Britain will leave without a deal on October 31st.

Seriously, which of those things do the Remainers think they can change, and how do they think they are they getting on at the moment?

They must be really frustrated and angry due to the fact that they are not changing anyone's position, and they are impotent to do so.
I've been hearing variations of that for three years. HTH

Disagree.
Slavery means the slave is owned by another person.
This is merely unpaid work as a punishment.
Completely different, he is still a free man.
As I read the legal definition, as defined by the Modern Slavery Act.

To be a slave is to be owned.
Slavery is forced work for nothing.

Slavery does not necessitate being a slave.

I'm making the assumption that I'm probably wrong.

I was watching the "debate" , but deided to sack it and have a shower instead What a bunch of squabbling children , only ones staying calm were Boris and CHunt
looks like he is watching Boris's style of saying little and letting the others make twats of themselves
Gove is oily
Stewart id like a chimp on ecstasy, and is a remainer so might as well give up now
Javid isn't going to get through IMHO

now opened a nice bottle of sauvignon blanc, She's decided to watch some family quiz crab and I am banging away at this infernal machine

Forcing someone to work for nothing is slavery.
You could probably extend that logic to fines. If you fine somebody the equivalent of 150 hours (a month say) of their salary, have they not been forced to work that month for nothing?

The fine may impair the living standards of others (immediate family) where the 150 hours on the chain gang affects nobody but the person repaying his debt to civilised society.

I've been hearing variations of that for three years. HTH
Well of course you have, because the Remainers in Government, and their fellow-travellers have been blocking the exit at every turn, by wilfully negotiating a poor WA, through to voting down any chance of leaving in Parliament.

But those options are closing now.

If Boris Johnson makes it through to the full-party vote then you must surely admit that Brexit will not only be inevitable, but will happen sooner rather than later.

Do you believe you can stop Brexit happening? If so, how are you going to do it, because I don't believe you can.

I cannot see how the Remain side will be able to prevent Brexit.

You could probably extend that logic to fines. If you fine somebody the equivalent of 150 hours (a month say) of their salary, have they not been forced to work that month for nothing?

The fine may impair the living standards of others (immediate family) where the 150 hours on the chain gang affects nobody but the person repaying his debt to civilised society.
Not sure the logic applies with time to pay given.

I don't care at all about this, it's just something that came into my head and I wondered at the logic of outlawing slavery while sometimes forcing people to work for nothing.