Brexit - The Final

How surprising

Brexit trade deals will be worse than current EU deals, says Liam Fox's former trade chief

Countries are likely to offer the United Kingdom worse trade deals than it currently enjoys as a member of the European Union, the former head of Liam Fox's International Trade Department has told Business Insider.

Sir Martin Donnelly, who was the Permanent Secretary of the Department for International Trade until 2017, said that the UK could offer less market access as an individual country than as part the EU, and would therefore be offered less favourable terms when negotiating free trade arrangements after Brexit.

"The United Kingdom alone can offer significantly less in terms of market access or government procurement than can all of the European Union," Donnelly said.
"Pro Remain former senior CS says leaving the EU a bad thing, shock"

1wanker.gif

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Another one really rattled by this poll.
I wouldn't say he was rattled, merely explaining how so many fake signatures have been applied to the petition by the losing side to try to make their case.
ETA:- it's strange that Remain were all riled up over supposed cheating in the referendum but are quite happy with the turn of events with regards to the fake signatures on the petition.

I have just been reading that there are 3500 troops on standby for action (?) after Brexit. Is this just scaremongering lies or is there any truth in it ?
Apparently 3,500 mostly AR have been put on stand-by for MACA around the country. It is not true that they're all currently bunkered in PINDAR below Main Building with fixed bayonets and eating babies.

Hard evidence being statements already made by the Japanese and Americans.

Why has the UK failed to roll over the vast majority of our current trade arrangements we enjoy as a current EU MS

You're deluded if you think that 65million people have as much clout as half a billion as a market.

This has been covered many times and frankly it's clear that brexiters aren't interested in reality

Of course the USA and Japan have to come out and show that the UK leaving is a bad idea as they are massive traders with the EU, but what they never said is that the UK are their biggest traders inside of the EU as my "EVIDENCE" I have provided below shows,

What's going to happen, are the EU going to punish Japan and the USA for giving us an awesome trade deal, I think not.

and you're calling me deluded!! ;)

USA Trade, UK where top with exports and 2nd for imports. (as of 2016, dispute 3 years if you want?)

European Union | United States Trade Representative

Exports

• The EU countries, together, would rank 1st as an export market for the United States in 2016.
  • U.S. goods exports to the EU in 2016 were $269.6 billion down 0.8% ($2.3 billion) from 2015 but up 27% from 2006. U.S. exports to the EU accounted for 18.6% of overall U.S. goods exports in 2016.
  • The five largest country markets were: United Kingdom ($55.3 billion), Germany ($49.4 billion), Netherlands ($39.7 billion), Belgium ($32.1 billion), and France ($31.1 billion).
  • The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2016 were: Aircraft ($38.5 billion), Machinery ($29.4 billion), Pharmaceutical Products ($26.4 billion), Optic and Medical Instruments ($25.6 billion), and Electrical Machinery ($20.8 billion).

Imports

• The EU countries together, would rank as the 2nd largest supplier of imports to the United States in 2016.
  • U.S. goods imports from the EU totaled $416.4 billion in 2016, down 2.6% ($11.2 billion) from 2015, but up 25% from 2006. U.S. imports from the EU accounted for 19.0% of overall U.S. imports in 2016.
  • The five largest country suppliers of imports are: Germany ($114.1 billion), United Kingdom ($54.3 billion), France ($46.7 billion), Ireland ($45.5 billion), and Italy ($45.3 billion).

Japan trade, UK command 27% of employees linked with Japanese companies in the EU

jap.PNG

Last edited:
To be fair, we had moved forward a tad when, as a student on a cadetship, I went to France to study and work in 1974.
First Class rail warrants (Victoria to Aurillac, via Paris - including 1st class lounge on the BR ferry); salary tax free; LOA plus food & accommodation allowances; French government salary (tax free) for 12h work/week as an English teacher, teaching 17/18 year olds; 30min drive from nearest ski resort; and a few other goodies.
One of the best years' of my life.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
To be fair, we had moved forward a tad when, as a student on a cadetship, I went to France to study and work in 1974.
First Class rail warrants (Victoria to Aurillac, via Paris - including 1st class lounge on the BR ferry); salary tax free; LOA plus food & accommodation allowances; French government salary (tax free) for 12h work/week as an English teacher, teaching 17/18 year olds; 30min drive from nearest ski resort; and a few other goodies.
One of the best years' of my life.
That can't have happened, the EU wasn't around back then!

No difficult to understand that someone has scripted responses to the petition and is automatically adding names at a high rate.

Some twonk at the government end obviously assumed that nobody with a knowledge of computer programming would game the petition.

Wordsmith
You reckon the government doesn't know this? Are you really that stupid? You reckon the Govt hasn't outsourced this to a supplier who runs and monitors it in the cloud?
I suspect he’s funding something to undermine democracy.
Nope, that's Mercer. M.E.R.C.E.R

HTH

Apparently 3,500 mostly AR have been put on stand-by for MACA around the country. It is not true that they're all currently bunkered in PINDAR below Main Building with fixed bayonets and eating babies.
Any idea to do what?

Drive lorries For artics that already have drivers?

Deliver U.K. manufactured medicines because of a shortage of U.K. delivery drivers?

Deliver food because of a shortage of U.K. delivery drivers?

Defend NHS pharmacy’s because people will be on the rampage looking for Ibuprofen?

Crowd control for mass rioting?

Or just another rumour by project fear?