Brexit - The Final

Sadly, you and Jagman are both right in your way - which is the nub of the problem.
The electorate's fairly split across parties on this. Regardless of my opinions on referendums and their consequences, we are where we are.

Staying in isn't really on the cards and neither should a "No Deal" exit be, for the same reasons, they'll leave the country badly split for decades.

Rinse and repeat with a script.

I had hoped the petition would check that the supplied addressees matched those on the electoral roll. Obviously not.

Interesting how silent the media is about an obviously manipulated poll.

Wordsmith
Are you talking about the Referendum?

To be honest apart from BBC news once a day I tend to listen to the radio and none of the petitions have been mentioned yet!
5 million signature and it doesn't make the news?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
IIRC the Brexit march only had a limited number of pre-booked places, because it was organised as a long distance (227 mile) tab with vehicle support and overnight paid-for accommodation stops.
You can however, register for the parliament square protest (4 pm - 7 pm).

Like wot a mate and I have done.

Wordsmith

it's like an eastenders sage it just goes on and on.
bored with it now, the country voted to leave.
if the 24% that did not vote are complaining now, tough luck.
arrse should ban the B word and now call it Fcukit instead

5 million signature and it doesn't make the news?
Just for curiosity and because I seriously doubt the validity of this 'petition', I decided to vote in it and see whether I could vote multiple times. I got bored after voting and replying to the confirmation emails they sent me, several times in less than two minutes. It's just a matter of changing the name used and using that name for the email. fred, bob, jim, etc. My isp gives me a basic email which can have as many different names at the start of it as I like, all get delivered to me unless I setup a separate mailbox for the 'bob' or 'jim'. If I as a fairly uncomputer able person can 'fool' the system, I'm more than certain that others with more ability have written simple programs (are they still called programs? or are they now called aps?) which can vote as many times as the writer likes, in whatever time spacing they feel look 'believable'.
This petition is utter bollocks and anyone who relies on such things is a fool, no matter what the subject they are petitioning for is.... Squirrels or Brexit.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Post codes cover much larger areas than just a house or two, as I'm sure you appreciate. All these remaining petitions have run most strongly in London and in other cities with cathedrals and universities.

It's not too difficult to understand. Is it?
No difficult to understand that someone has scripted responses to the petition and is automatically adding names at a high rate.

Some twonk at the government end obviously assumed that nobody with a knowledge of computer programming would game the petition.

Wordsmith

No difficult to understand that someone has scripted responses to the petition and is automatically adding names at a high rate.

Some twonk at the government end obviously assumed that nobody with a knowledge of computer programming would game the petition.

Wordsmith
Quite believeable, look at HMRC and how they ignore human nature and act surprised when so many people file their tax returns at the last minute, and hence they lack the capacity to cope and the system falls over

No point, since we’re already in World War III and the economy is in the worst recession in history.

Oh no, wait, those were Remainers lies......silly me.

'Brexit' could trigger World War Three, warns David Cameron

Osborne: EU exit threatens 820,000 jobs

Remember those pearls of wisdom?
No one said that brexit would cause ww3.
Those half-billion of people that you claim as having clout - just how much clout do you think they have? They are controlled, tightly, by a handful of people sitting in Brussels.

They are a market that we operate with but like all Remainers you seem to think that on brexit day all trade will cease with the EU, UK ships will be blockaded in EU harbours, planes won't fly, ferries will stop running and the Channel Tunnel will close. No doubt you believe that all Brit ex-pats will be rounded up and taken to work camps as well.

This had been covered many, many times but you still spout your usual pish. You really are a mong!
Mentalness.

Wordsmith
Or for that matter, how many souls not able to register in a referendum, but do have an email address....

I did catch a little of the coverage in london of the weekend protests and one thing that stood out for me, was a lady with her 12 year old son.. When asked by the journo why the boy was protesting, he explained he was worried about not being able to visit europe in the future, or work their. His mother nodding furiously alongside him and proud of the pat answers he was regurgitating like a performing tweety bird.

It's not hard for it to hit 5 million with tutorials on social media on how to use the 'UK Parliament Petition Bot'

And that before you get onto the question of Russian involvement
Do you really believe that they haven't done anything since 2016? Come on, you do this shit for a living don't you?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Or for that matter, how many souls not able to register in a referendum, but do have an email address....

I did catch a little of the coverage in london of the weekend protests and one thing that stood out for me, was a lady with her 12 year old son.. When asked by the journo why the boy was protesting, he explained he was worried about not being able to visit europe in the future, or work their. His mother nodding furiously alongside him and proud of the pat answers he was regurgitating like a performing tweety bird.
How did we ever manage tovisit Europe before we joined the Common Market/EEC/EU (without going to war obviously)?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
How did we ever visit Europe before we joined the Common Market/EEC/EU (without a World War obviously)?
Landing craft the last time I believe, I did see the bracketed comment. But open goal and all that. We used passports the colour of which seems to get certain challenged remainers a bit frothy.