Brexit - The Final

Since a know nothing journo picked up the phrase like a discarded ciggy butt and tried to run with it to appear knowledgeable.

Whatever happens next, the blame lies solely with the politicians. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
Well not quite, but after all the manipulation by WM it is difficult to see what alternative the electorate have, nor what function Parliament has. The failure to leave would be a retrograde step. You see, there's this pretence that the electorate matter and so far it's been bimbling along quite happily with the odd hiccup, but it's now being told to butt out after it was given a specific task. However the real stinger in the tail will come when Parliament is instructed as to what to do by the EU. Oh blow me down that's just happened with the extensions:evil:. No pretence now is there.

TTFN

Every study, especially recent ones conclude that a hard brexit will be very damaging. There are no current studies that show any tangible gains from brexit. Growing millions want another chance to vote. The referendum was a mistake... Revoke article 50 and bingo! ...problems solved. You know it makes sense.

Not in favour of the five dead though. Which makes you and anyone else threatening civil disobedience, lef, right or centre, twats. HTH.
Boo hoo, five people you never knew died in some riot. Stop crying, Grac, not all civil disobedience is bad. Martin Luther King was quite a fan of it.

Personally, I think we ought to burn the place down because if there's no democratic option, my alt right Nazi Labour leave brain thinks that's a great excuse for it.

But obviously, not everyone is as mental or stupid as myself.

Boo hoo, five people you never knew died in some riot. Stop crying, Grac, not all civil disobedience is bad. Martin Luther King was quite a fan of it.

Personally, I think we ought to burn the place down because if there's no democratic option, my alt right Nazi Labour leave brain thinks that's a great excuse for it.

I seem to recall that the suffragette movement was accused of being a bit lairy at times.

5 million on the petition, a million marching, and the public telling us a mistake has been made I am starting to get optimistic.. hard brexit won't happen and some common sense will prevail. Were we right to vote to leave the EU....
1553501072192.png

Whatever happens next, the blame lies solely with the politicians. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
Those who made lots of promises that they couldn't deliver on you mean?

Reckon @jagman2 would be stood there on his own waiting for the rest of you, receiving texts along the lines of "Soz, got to the get the shopping in, ASDA has BOGOF on 2 liter cider bottles." "Forgot, my Weight Watchers meeting is today, been booked for months"

Just seen this from that tweet, seems our Sarah is just as duplicitous as the males she's denigrating.
What's your point there? Do you not think it a good idea? I don't but that's besides the point.

ugly

LE
I should add tha his tends to wind them up as they can't tell if you are secretly reading their drivel and laughing at them in private!
Baggy baiting a new Olympic sport only he claims we cant take part as weve left the Eu!

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
I seem to recall that the suffragette movement was accused of being a bit lairy at times.

Brexshitters likening themselves to Martin Luther King Jr and the suffragettes.

Beyond parody

That’s a fair shout, let’s teleport them back to 1982 funny old thing you couldnt trust the political elite or the union bosses back then.
Thats the point of what I was arguing.. The 'political class' change stripes across the decades, but the one thing they have in common is a wish to hold onto power and thwart change/revolution. To be fair, the political class are sometimes right to oppose faddish change, but, are stupid to simply stand in its way.

In brexit context; the people made it very clear we wanted out of the political union and as such remainers are deeply wrong to stand in that path.. The ongoing economic arguments, we don't control trade, only one side of a transaction and have always had to cede some sovereignity depending on wish to buy or sell. The difficulties are self imposed and require the government to actually function as a business, its not the peoples job to sort that out and remainers are wrong to blame brexiteers, for others inability to do their jobs.

This weeks votes will demonstrate if their as yet any willingness to do the job we pay our MPs to do. Instead of them acting like overpaid love islanders. If not, then a General Election has to be the result, as that is the means by which we organise our country. A second referendum will only raise more argument and a reversal would be catastrophic for democracy.