Brexit - The Final

The one who did Nigel was swiftly arrested and charged. That’s the Nigel who’s ‘picking up a rifle and donning khaki’ if brexit doesn’t go his way. (Has he had a fitting for the safari jacket since Peterborough?)

FWIW if you’re running around with a jar full of battery acid, based on a line from a comedian you should seek help.
From a what?

FWIW if you’re running around with a jar full of battery acid, based on a line from a comedian you should seek help.
Over here in the 21st Century, there are those that would happily assault someone for any trivial excuse - and post selfies and video clips online of themselves doing so.

At least all you need worry about is a drive-by spudding and laughter fading in the distance.

DISCLAIMER:

This post in no way condones the throwing of potatoes or any other root vegetables at any Arrse poster(s) for any reason whatsoever.

Only 160 French hit the beaches
Although several Divisions worth were in action on the Western Front by the autumn, many already having taken part in the Italian Campaign to decisive effect.

Conversely, about 5,000 French SS troops were defending Berlin in 1945 (although only 30 or so surrendered to the Russians, the remainder having been killed or done a bunk).

Stats don't really help with the French role in WW2 - it is complex (and that's before you throw in Alsace-Lorraine) although I appreciate the jest....:)

Isn't it hilarious how the remainers on here have taken Jo Brands side about using battery acid instead of milkshakes when demonstrating how much you really, really, very very easily hate a remainer. She had said earlier that the pro brexit marches wer goose stepping Nazi's. But that's OK, she was only joking.
It's OK now, the BBC said it was a joke.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Then we will be cheering in September as our departure on 31st of October is guaranteed - deal or no-deal :)

Corbyn as usual has this back to front.
BoJo is changing the rules of the game. If he gets in, it will no longer be a case of rejecting a deeply flawed WA, it will be thwarting an attempt to implement the result of the referendum. And if the Remain supporting majority of MP's in parliament pass legislation forbidding a no-deal Brexit, causing the EU to refuse to change the terms of the WA, BoJo will point the finger firmly at the opposition parties and blame them for stopping Brexit.

Labour previous strategy was based on the fact that May was a feeble prime minister whose heart wasn't in Brexit. BoJo wants to Brexit and will do so without a deal if necessary. Labour need a new strategy - they won't be able to sit on the fence much longer.

Wordsmith

Isn't it hilarious how the remainers on here have taken Jo Brands side about using battery acid instead of milkshakes when demonstrating how much you really, really, very very easily hate a remainer. She had said earlier that the pro brexit marches wer goose stepping Nazi's. But that's OK, she was only joking.
It's OK now, the BBC said it was a joke.

I also previously said the person who threw a milkshake at Farage deserved to be arrested.

And Lewis if you downvote this at least explain why ok fella :)

Although several Divisions worth were in action on the Western Front by the autumn, many already having taken part in the Italian Campaign to decisive effect.

Conversely, about 5,000 French SS troops were defending Berlin in 1945 (although only 30 or so surrendered to the Russians, the remainder having been killed or done a bunk).

Stats don't really help with the French role in WW2 - it is complex (and that's before you throw in Alsace-Lorraine) although I appreciate the jest....:)

Ah the ‘Champagne Campaign’ as the Americans called it. The diversion of US forces south to push forward the ‘French’ advance towards the Rhine that had stalled as the French rewarded their liberated people in an orgy of rape and plundering that made the SS look like angels.

Berlin? Indeed, the most devoted defenders of the Reich at the end were the French, when the German Heer has jacked, the French fought to the last bullet.

And of course, we shouldn’t point rude fingers at the French adopting so much ex German equipment post WWII, even putting the FW-190 into production for the French Air Force. Old habits and all that.

Well colour me surprised... :roll:

During Operation Dynamo, we lifted hundreds of thousands of French troops off the beaches. As soon as the Armistice was signed, the vast majority opted to return home.
Compare that with the Norgies and cloggies whos young men were still trying to reach Britain by the very perilous North Sea right until wars end to fight against the Nazis

Eta.

Just checked. Free French also hit Omaha. No flag... Agendum perhaps?

But if a slight on the many Polish and Norwegian formed units involved too.

The French sent 4 ships to D Day, the Norwegians 10
The French had a very large navy available to them, even in 1944, but most of it spent the war sunning itself in the Caribbean sitting the war out... c'est une hard life.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Over here in the 21st Century, there are those that would happily assault someone for any trivial excuse - and post selfies and video clips online of themselves doing so.

At least all you need worry about is a drive-by spudding and laughter fading in the distance.

DISCLAIMER:

This post in no way condones the throwing of potatoes or any other root vegetables at any Arrse poster(s) for any reason whatsoever.
It must be wonderful in your 21st century, you enjoy yourself.

Said the button mashing buffoon..or did you forget that you mash buttons like a chimp!
Making lunch ,the memsahib handed me the iPad and said “guess the loon he’s replying to, guess correctly and I’ll get the kids”
Hit the unignore ( briefly). And guess what?. She’s picking up the kids.
( I see the creepy little f*#keris on first name terms, shudder),
Back on thread, just anecdotally in my local talking to Rory Stewart’s natural constituency, he does seem to be using up his pool of goodwill at a rate of knots. However his bid ends.!