Brexit - The Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
So's European- Bismarck realised that ---Oooooh a century a go.

What’s a ‘European’?

I can clearlydefine an ‘American’, but ‘European’ Is a totally ambiguous and amorphous political construct.

And only just obtained a lectureship? :oops:

Quite easily with such a disagreeable personality...

Says the 25 year TA major, whilst earning a graduate salary in his late forties - yet thinks someone getting their lectureship three years after PhD is overly long. Hmmmmm, not exactly flying in either sphere are you.

Perhaps you should reflect on that a bit.

Last edited:
What’s a ‘European’?

I can clearlydefine an ‘American’, but ‘European’ Is a totally ambiguous and amorphous political construct.
A European is a person who lives on the continent of Europe, the EU says so:cool:. Careful now......cos we know etc....

:thumleft:
Says the 25 year TA major, whilst earning a graduate salary in his late forties. Hmmmmm, not exactly flying in ether sphere are you.

Perhaps you should reflect on that a bit.
I have reflected upon it and I am quite content with my lot in life. For a start, I don't live out of assorted bags on public transport...

You are letting your (chronic) ADHD get the better of you again. My advice would be to take a deep breath and calm down before 10 o'clock comes round. :thumleft:

:thumleft:

I have reflected upon it and I am quite content with my lot in life. For a start, I don't live out of assorted bags on public transport...
That’s good - I’m sure many women you left behind in your series of failed marriages are now content too.

Yep, your given your life history and your admitted lack of sociability, let’s just call you Mr Agreeable from now on.

Now back to the topic, rather than your childish insults - what is your opinion on Brexit at the moment? Still think it will happen?

Personally I’m not so sure it will now. Two years ago I was certain you would get your Brexit - now I doubt it’s going to happen even in name.

That’s good - I’m sure many women you left behind in your series of failed marriages are now content too.

Yep, your given your life history and your admitted lack of sociability, let’s just call you Mr Agreeable from now on.

Now back to the topic what is your opinion on Brexit at the moment? Still think it will happen?
Mr Agreeable, that's me! :thumleft:

Have you ever been married Crusty? Serious question, btw.

As for Brexit, No Brexit = No Conservative Party. Now the Tories are dumb but I am not yet convinced that they are quite that dumb.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The reality is the EU IS ideologically driven and has rafts of grandiose plans, crucially, it also has territorial designs on their neighbours and the purity of mission that makes them dangerous and willing to sacrifice to achieve the goals.
As I've said before, the driver for the EU is the euro, which has structural flaws that may well cause it to collapse in the next recession. To avoid that collapse it needs:
  1. National budgets and economic macro-policy centrally set in Brussels
  2. A means of punishing nations that don't conform to (1)
  3. A transfer of wealth from richer to poorer regions of the EU.
That program cannot be carried out except by stealth - imagine the outcry (for example) in Germany if they are told they are going to run a more expansionist budget to reduce their trade surplus with other members of the EU and that large sums of German tax payers money are to be sent to Club Med.

Hence EU policy which is to:
  1. Transfer as much power from nation states to Brussels as possible
  2. Remove national vetos by as much use of QMV as possible
  3. Try and break up the EU into regions, thus weakening the powers of the nation states.
  4. Use structural funding as a way of transferring wealth from richer regions to poorer ones
  5. Use stealth as much as possible to avoid electorates becoming aware of what is going on.
  6. Use the 'frog boiling to death' strategy in the hopes that electorates won't notice what is going on - many small changes rather than a few big ones.
Unfortunately, electorates have noticed what is going on, hence the rise of the populist parties. And this is the reason why the EU's attempt to move towards further political and financial integration is destined fail - as is the euro.

Wordsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads