Brexit - The Final

2nd Lt. X springs to mind....

Fact is, though, you're going to have to work hard to make a persuasive argument that biffing out aged 16 with 2 x GCSE means that you are cleverererer than Rupert with his BA in knitting.

I mean, he was in a mixed halls of residence, doing a 20 hour week, aged 19.
at 16 i was on AT wages, £200+ a week?, Having the time of my life in Harrogate. Skiing, kayaking, archery, rugby etc.

at 19-22 i had started my first ou module was going towards officer selection (that I eventually turned down because I didn't want to be an officer) and was having the time of my life in germany and exploring europe. Including a memorable summer leave driving around Scandinavia and st Petersburg.

Visiting canada, kenya, poland, miami, nevada, falklands/ascension, saudi, cyprus, Turkey and antarctic.

I've always treated 2lts with the respect they deserve... And students with their dits about potnoodle sandwiches.

The turnout numbers will be interesting for today's little exercise.
Higher than normal = the people care. Lower than normal= the people don't care.
Just a thought !

We are going down the pan clinging onto the brexit delusion. The pound continues on it's worthless journey downwards. Inflation will punish further the fools who voted without understanding. Dogmatic idiots think that such a misinformed vote should be followed through in the interests of democracy. They need to be sectioned. Leadsom is a looney and will act regardless of consequences.

Brexit is bad for everyone....

Last edited:
We are going down the pan clinging onto the brexit delusion. The pound continues on it's worthless journey downwards. Inflation will punish further the fools who voted without understanding. Dogmatic idiots think that such a misinformed vote should be followed through in the interests of democracy. They need to sectioned. Leadsom is a looney and will act regardless of consequences.

Well it has allowed some complete belters like yourself to show your true colours.
Bravo.

We are going down the pan clinging onto the brexit delusion. The pound continues on it's worthless journey downwards. Inflation will punish further the fools who voted without understanding. Dogmatic idiots think that such a misinformed vote should be followed through in the interests of democracy. They need to sectioned. Leadsom is a looney and will act regardless of consequences.

Cheer up ffs. We are fighting for democracy - we will only go down the pan if we lose. We will not.

We? Who's the we? touch 0f the Pot and Kettle there. Dogma v dogma.

I'd say it's been a learning process for the electorate, and today will be learning process for Parliament-perhaps:cool: funnily enough there's been not a squeak by the conservatives round here.
Or here where Oliver Letwin is our MP and now is reduced to wittering about mental health in the local paper for fear of being flamed if he talks about anything else.

Not that mental health is to be demeaned, but it is safe ground for a politician who has overruled his constituents so blatantly.

Or here where Oliver Letwin is our MP and now is reduced to wittering about mental health in the local paper for fear of being flamed if he talks about anything else.

Not that mental health is to be demeaned, but it is safe ground for a politician who has overruled his constituents so blatantly.
Mental Health provision is in tatters.

He (and the Government) should be ashamed!

....but not more cleverer.....Q.E.D.
Graduates and the overeducated in general are an immature bunch and have learned to determine something with evidence.. As they derive their evidence from Thought Leaders who hail from their ranks and routinely fill up the airwaves and media with remain drivel. Its perfectly reasonable the grads are behind remain.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I prefer talking to the Welsh in the traditional tongue.

Clear, Loud, As an order, with Pauses.
A man with a firm grasp of his native tongue, if no other.

Rearrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying:
' off.....fúk '

The turnout numbers will be interesting for today's little exercise.
Higher than normal = the people care. Lower than normal= the people don't care.
Just a thought !
Lower than normal= the people are sick to death of the limp dicks infesting Westminster who seem incapable of following a simple instruction ?

Without wasting tedious nano-seconds of precious Google-fu on Ipsos MORI etc, I would speculate that turnout of British voters for European Elections has always been lower than for a UK General Election.

Standing by to be told not to be such a chump/champ/chimp
1558597830307.png

Last edited:

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
My local MP - Bim Afolami - doesn't respond to emails on Brexit. Nor, with the exception of an open letter to his constituents, does his website site even mention it.

Bim Afolami MP — for Hitchin and Harpenden

Afolmi is a remainer who has voted in favour of May's WA every time. His predecessor (Peter Lilley) strongly supported Brexit. If the Brexit Party puts up a candidate in a GE, I will be out there campaigning against Afolomi.

Wordsmith

Even a Tired Tech ought to be able to manage

Plied
Cum
Ree

...see? Not hard is it Sais?

Good luck with Machynlledd :)
Got to be careful pronouncing that one - particularly if you are a newsreader!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Word, you are missing Mr Afolami's key attribute here.

His personal politics don't matter - he is one of only 4.2% of MPs who are of ethnic origin.

The fact that he grew up in Harpenden, is a rabid Luton FC supporter and is as British as you or I , is neither here nor there as far as Conservative Central Office are concerned.

He could literally ' take out a gun and shoot someone dead' on London Road and not get de-selected.

Bit like an MP from neighbouring Bedfordshire who was recently convicted of lying in court under oath, for which you or I would face a charge of perjury and obstructing the course of justice.

(Funny old world this politics game eh? I had that Rita Chuckanorti in the back of my cab last week, lovely lass)

Graduates and the overeducated in general are an immature bunch and have learned to determine something with evidence.. As they derive their evidence from Thought Leaders who hail from their ranks and routinely fill up the airwaves and media with remain drivel. Its perfectly reasonable the grads are behind remain.
They like to use milk shakes as a form of political debate apparently.

Mental Health provision is in tatters.

He (and the Government) should be ashamed!
From experience here in Dorset, it's ok.

NHS spending, funding and wastage would be first on my list of jobs to sort out after Defence and border security. No point having an NHS if you can't defend your country. No point letting it waste millions either.