Brexit - The Final

The first thing any new PM needs to do is kill the lie that the WA is 500 odd pages of detailed line by line hard fought negotiation which can't possibly be renegotiated.

It's a deliberately padded document the vast majority of which can be replaced with 'The treaties of the EU will continue to apply to the UK'. Of course that would looked a bit shit politically so it's all written out longhand going back to regulation EEC/02/53/78/blah fecking blah even though all of that was already drawn together by successive treaties culminating in Lisbon. Essentially it's like a bill to change a speed limit which goes longhand from the days of a geezer with a red flag out front being mandatory to look like you did a bunch of work on it.
I actually read through large parts of it.
Needless to say, the first 100 pages were designed to send anyone to sleep, whereas dipping into the later parts reveals the reality: The WA is not in any way, shape or form a description of the UK leaving the EU.
From having to allow EU vessels to continue fishing in our EEZ through the continuing position of the ECJ as final arbitrator, the whole thing is what our Septic cousins refer to as a "crock of shit".

Here's some of the worst.

Note: "some of..."

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The EU are making the error of thinking who is in charge of the Tory Government in October will be in any meaningful way relevant.
Politically, the Tories are finished as a power & the only thing Conference will do is confirm this (if it's not become blindingly obvious in less than week from now...).
The Tories could restore at least some of their position if they're astute enough (which I now seriously doubt).
  1. May has to resign tomorrow (in advance of the European elections), make a highly public apology for her f--- up's and ask the electorate not to punish the Tory party for her abject incompetence. (That ain't going to happen - the woman is deluded enough as to try to stay on).
  2. The incoming PM has to ask the party to support an attempt to push a no deal Brexit through Parliament.
    • If it's blocked by the opposition parties, the electorate turn their wrath on them.
    • A serious attempt to get a no-deal Brexit through parliament will give the incoming PM the best chance to get a revised negotiated deal out of the EU - the only time the EU has budged is when the first moves towards a no-deal Brexit have been taken.
    • If, as a last resort, the Tory party/DUP execute a no-deal Brexit, the Tory party's electoral ratings will begin to improve.
If there's a GE in the near future, the Tory party will lose over half its seats and we'll have a Corbyn minority government or a Labour/SNP/Limp Dem coalition. If the Tory party don't deliver Brexit by supporting a no-deal attempt as above, they'll be progressively replaced by the Brexit Party.

I don't think May's got any competition for the most disastrous Tory leader of all time. In just three years, she has virtually destroyed the Tory party - a party so weak and spineless it sat there and let her do it.

(There are honourable exceptions like JRM who has orchestrated opposition to her deal and made a couple of determined efforts to get (ex)PMTM removed - but JRMs are thin on the ground).

Wordsmith

What is not wrong is the establishment is so rattled that both UK and EU regulatory bodies are piling in, on very little, if any, evidence to go on. Both are on a digging expedition in the hope they can dig something up they can use. There will be something, as I doubt if any political party will have a completely clean sheet.
This is just a repeat of the establishment and media campaign against Farage and UKIP in the run-up to the 2015 general election. I would hope Farage has learnt from the last occasion and was expecting this to happen and is prepared for it.

Did you read the link you posted?
Jesus, I dread to think that you actually led men in combat.
The phrase 'lions led by donkeys' comes to mind.

I genuinely now believe she wants to deliberately sabotage Brexit and renege on everything. There is no rational explanation other than that
This is a view that I came to many months ago.

"There is no friendly exit from the EU".

Words of a staunch Eurosceptic & European political elder statesman.

Let's GTFO & inspire others to do the same.

"There is no friendly exit from the EU".

Words of a staunch Eurosceptic & European political elder statesman.

Let's GTFO & inspire others to do the same.

The way the ‘benevolent’ EU strong armed the Swiss into changing their firearms laws should be a good warning why we need to GTFO of Dodge.

It's time for brekshitears to be brave and to prepare for remain... Getting used to prosperity, peace and stability will be difficult I know but you can always move to a third world country where you will have all the same effects of brexit that you wanted every day.

And May's deal is dead. The opposition, DUP, ERG and a good chunk of the Tory party are going to vote against it. In addition, she's probably pushed the Tory vote into single figures on Thursday.

May will be gone before the end of May. She's f---ed the Tory party and even the dimmest Remain supporter can see their seats (and livelihood) are toast if a GE happens any time soon.

And the Tory party must share the blame for their impending demise. They lacked the testicular fortitude to remove a woman manifestly unfit to be PM. And she's led them to ruin.

Wordsmith
This in spades. May has finshed the Tories. But the Tories let her. All Tories are equally to blame. Sad days for the Tories.

More moonscreeching wibble.
Either you're posting from a padded cell or your SERE skills are top class to have dodged the blokes with the nets this long.

Either way, good work making the remain camp look like anti democratic carpet chewing chasers of laboons.

View attachment 394262

The sicarii are sharpening their daggers as we speak... she’s now a dead PM walking.
The comment on the box this morning is she wont be PM by the time Trump gets here. I cant see it myself. She will be here until the 1922 committee get their finger out and bin her, and as we all suspect, she will challenge it in the courts.

Until this is sorted out - everything in here is speculation

Either you're posting from a padded cell or your SERE skills are top class to have dodged the blokes with the nets this long.

Either way, good work making the remain camp look like anti democratic carpet chewing chasers of laboons.
The poster is a classic example of the abject failure of the Care in the Community programme.

EU plans FAST-TRACK investigation into Farage funding as Brexit Party set for election win

and if the EU interfere in UK politics to this extent - yes I know its and EU election, that will come back and bite Westminster as well.

As @Brotherton Lad has pointed out many times - the UK is a laughing stock
Well quite, I mean rules are for little people not Nige.

It would have been a simple matter for him to declare the money, as require to do as he is a MEP.

Instead he appears not to have done so, initially denied it, then claimed it was a personal matter, and then banned the journalists who broke the story to him from speaking to him again.

He is the author of his own misfortune here.

However, the case continues.