• Green Party
  • Independent
  • Labour Party
  • Liberal Democrats
  • The Brexit Party
  • UK European Union Party (UKEUP)
  • UK Independence Party (UKIP)
  • Women's Equality Party
Plenty of parties to split the Remain vote base.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently they are polling 2nd in Scotland which to me is a massive position for them to be in.
My gut feel is that the Brexit party is beginning to pick up votes from a second strand of voting opinion. The initial surge in the polls came from Brexit supporters, but I think other voters are going to vote for the Brexit party purely to administer a slap across the face to the traditional parties.

At the moment the Brexit party is punching a bit above its weight because as well as the genuine Brexit supporters, its the recipient of protest votes as well. But I suspect it would only take the traditional parties to continue with normal jogging to turn a lot of the protest votes into permanent ones.

Wordsmith

My gut feel is that the Brexit party is beginning to pick up votes from a second strand of voting opinion. The initial surge in the polls came from Brexit supporters, but I think other voters are going to vote for the Brexit party purely to administer a slap across the face to the traditional parties.

At the moment the Brexit party is punching a bit above its weight because as well as the genuine Brexit supporters, its the recipient of protest votes as well. But I suspect it would only take the traditional parties to continue with normal jogging to turn a lot of the protest votes into permanent ones.

Wordsmith
There's no doubt in my mind, that a general election will result in Conservatives and Labour voters returning back to their parties in mass...

But I think Farage will pick up a big core of voters who regard him as an honest politician with their best interests at heart... Could they push the Lib Dems to be the traditional 3rd party nationally?

Cheers for that, it seems my area has a few minor parties involved:-
Parties
  • Animal Welfare Party
  • Change UK - The Independent Group
  • Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Green Party
  • Independent
  • Labour Party
  • Liberal Democrats
  • The Brexit Party
  • UK European Union Party (UKEUP)
  • UK Independence Party (UKIP)
  • Women's Equality Party
Women's Equality Party?

Well, they can fcuk off back to the kitchen.

Slightly off topic, but still relevant methinks, is the fact that this morning courtesy of La Poste I got me party political leaflets for the Europeans on Sunday.
Here we get them all in one envelope personally addressed and not stuffed in your letter box.
No fcuker knocks or does a canvass either.
There are 33 parties standing round here of which I got only 11 leaflets/manifestos.
The others could not be bothered or lacked the back office to do so.
Some quotes:-
"Replace the EU for a Europe of free nations with real ideas" (Debout la France)
"Refound Europe, re-establish France" (Les Centristes)
"All together for a Frexit" (The UPR)
"For France leave the EU" (Gelets Jaunes and Patriots)
There were another four leaflets along the same lines, the only lone voice was that of Manny Macron saying
"Vote for me for a European Renaissance"

Telling that 10 out of 11 are taking aim at one common denominator in all this.
Cynicism is not just a British trait then?

Have any of our other readers on the continent (in other countries) had their leaflets yet, just a thought?

Wordsmith
Curiously there is anecdotal evidence supplied by my wife.
She was discussing the election with the lady who owns the yard where her horses are kept. The general gist was "They can all **** off, as we're meant to have left by now! So I'm not voting."
I mention the Brexit party, and suddenly there's a lot of interested noises. Keeping in mind that at least two of them voted remain. The general complaint seems to be along the lines of 'Do you not understand how democracy works?'

In other news, so far I've had the following shoved through the door.
Greens: Lentil soup for everyone, and remaining in the EU!
Labour: 'only Labour can reunite the country!' And no mention of the EU, or the referendum that I could see from a brief scan through.
Brexit party: Someone's posted their leaflet on ARRSE already.
The English Democrats: Shoot the Niggers!

Seem to be missing a certain blue shaded party, which could be odd considering The last election there was something like 20,000 votes between the Tories in first and UKIP in second. Then If you added the rest of them together they may have equalled second place. I would have thought the Tories would be looking twitchy and lobbing leaflets around with gay abandon. But apparently they're so assured of their victory...

The last election there was something like 20,000 votes between the Tories in first and UKIP in second. Then If you added the rest of them together they may have equalled second place. I would have thought the Tories would be looking twitchy and lobbing leaflets around with gay abandon. But apparently they're so assured of their victory...
They're actually skint and had no prospect of any new funding..............

They cannot afford to campaign and the local Tory party organisations are not inclined to bother, in any case.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Curiously there is anecdotal evidence supplied by my wife.
She was discussing the election with the lady who owns the yard where her horses are kept. The general gist was "They can all **** off, as we're meant to have left by now! So I'm not voting."
I mention the Brexit party, and suddenly there's a lot of interested noises. Keeping in mind that at least two of them voted remain. The general complaint seems to be along the lines of 'Do you not understand how democracy works?'

In other news, so far I've had the following shoved through the door.
Greens: Lentil soup for everyone, and remaining in the EU!
Labour: 'only Labour can reunite the country!' And no mention of the EU, or the referendum that I could see from a brief scan through.
Brexit party: Someone's posted their leaflet on ARRSE already.
The English Democrats: Shoot the Niggers!

Seem to be missing a certain blue shaded party, which could be odd considering The last election there was something like 20,000 votes between the Tories in first and UKIP in second. Then If you added the rest of them together they may have equalled second place. I would have thought the Tories would be looking twitchy and lobbing leaflets around with gay abandon. But apparently they're so assured of their victory...
@Provost has it down to a T. The Tories have lost not only voters but financial backers so I suspect they are holding on to the petty cash tin in readiness for the GE which is probably not that far away.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
They're actually skint and had no prospect of any new funding..............

They cannot afford to campaign and the local Tory party organisations are not inclined to bother, in any case.
A number of constituency parties have made it clear they've taken a deliberate decision not to campaign. The failure to Brexit on March 29th went down like a lead balloon with the Tory activists.

The Tories are teetering on a knife edge and they refuse to accept it. All it'll take is a slime ball like Gove to be elected to the leadership and BRINO. If the Brexit party then comes up with a Thatcheresque manifesto, the Tories financial backers and activists will desert to the Brexit party in droves. As probably will a significant number of ERG MP's.

Wordsmith

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
To misquote The Cavern's finest: ' I watched the news today...Oh Boy....'

ONLY FACKIN' Brexit could bring Cyclops back onto our screens.

Imagine the irony of a former Communist Party member waxing self-righteous on the subject of a political party accepting donations in ROUBLES from abroad?

What short memories they must think we all have

Scargill's ally was Stasi agent

What happened to the Communist Party of Great Britain's millions?

In November 1991, shortly before the CPGB was wound up, its members were shocked by revelations that between 1956 and the late 1970s, it had been secretly funded by the Soviet Union. The money came in the form of bundles of cash handed to the party's then deputy general secretary Reuben Falber by a Soviet embassy official.

But, according to Stuart Hill, the money from Moscow had long since been spent by the time the party was wound up.

"The fact there was so much money wasn't a reflection of 'Moscow gold', because whatever money came in was spent as it came in, in reality," says Stuart Hill, who was elected a Labour councillor on Tyneside in 2010.

'It makes me quite sick when I think about it'
Richard Bayley, Morning Star editor
1558387769914.png
It was "capitalist property values" in London that had swollen the party's coffers, not bungs from the Kremlin, he insists.

"If it hadn't been for the grotesque inflation of the value of those properties, there wouldn't have been anything.

"They were purchased so long ago that the amount of money they were purchased for was nothing really and subsequently they are worth millions."

The monocular sh1t-sucking millionaire parlour-pink scumbucket.