Brexit - The Betrayal

As 'Brexit The Final' has now reached 3,000 pages, and as it appears not as final as some would like, indeed it has moved on to a new phase, I thought that I would pre-empt @Auld-Yin and move us all on.

As 'Brexit The Final' has now reached 3,000 pages, and as it appears not as final as some would like, indeed it has moved on to a new phase, I thought that I would pre-empt @Auld-Yin and move us all on.
You know, 3 yeas ago I got my arrse spanked by one of the more communist-oriented erm, Liberal-leaning Arrse mods (yes @Guns I am looking at you) for launching yet another Brexit thread. Admittedly it was a wind-up, but hey :)

So if "final" doesn't work, why not simply ask for the title to be changed? After 3000 pages, the content's in there, whether it be wibble (nearly all of it) or Dr Alice Weidel.

The roll call of the traitors undermining Brexit?

The list should be headed by one Anthony Lyndon Blair. Did his evil witch of a wife have anything to do with yesterday's SC judgement?. Possibly.

Then the 21 "Tory" Quislings headed by Philip Hammond.

The Illiberal Anti-Democratic Party.

Various other Labour Party non-entities.

Then the SNP reds north of the border.

Goodness gracious; is this a sales flier for Rod Liddle

?
...but pleased.

Democracy is flawed, but the best of the range of killer systems we've dreamt up over the epochs. I thought we'd cracked it, but then came super-democracy, in which those who Know Better than the Rest of Us make the decisions Democratically. Those people seem to live in North London, a suburb of Washington DC, San Francisco, Moscow and Beijing. Tel Aviv now, too, apparently.

Goodness gracious; is this a sales flier for Rod Liddle

?
...but pleased.

Democracy is flawed, but the best of the range of killer systems we've dreamt up over the epochs. I thought we'd cracked it, but then came super-democracy, in which those who Know Better than the Rest of Us make the decisions Democratically. Those people seem to live in North London, a suburb of Washington DC, San Francisco, Moscow and Beijing. Tel Aviv now, too, apparently.
The reviews are good...

1a.jpg

endure

GCM
The minute anyone uses the words 'traitor' or 'treason'about Brexit I know it's time to make soothing noises and back away quickly...

The reviews are good...

View attachment 418939
They are, because Liddle is one of the best of our journos - still a journo and not to be entirely trusted, of course, and he comes from Middlesborough, which isn't a good thing.

He's awful as a speaker, and an interviewee, which seems to get him into trouble with the likes of that ghastly harpy Emily Maitlis, but as a reteller of his own thoughts he is outstanding. His writing is as social and political writing should be - honest and informative. Kevin Myers used to be one of a small set of these people, but he got drunk one night and was too honest.

A little early. The scunners keep playing their games, but the people see their games for what they are. They'll lose in the end.

The minute anyone uses the words 'traitor' or 'treason'about Brexit I know it's time to make soothing noises and back away quickly...
Quite. I sometimes wonder whether there's enough 'community cohesiveness' among opponent camps to cause a civil war. I suspect not; 'community cohesiveness' now depends on the levels of state support each receive. Or is that a cynical view? Hard to tell.

Why? I was hoping to see how many pages would it lead to...just like how long "the easy peasy" Brexit deal would be completed in.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Why? I was hoping to see how many pages would it lead to...just like how long "the easy peasy" Brexit deal would be completed in.
Havent you got a country to run away to?

The diggers apparently think 'spoons wifi n coffee mootcher' is not a high skilled occupation. The racists!
You’d think with his imaginary Marine core rotc training they’d be dying to let him in so he could teach their SF a thing or two......

Penfold

Swinger
So if "final" doesn't work, why not simply ask for the title to be changed? After 3000 pages, the content's in there, whether it be wibble (nearly all of it) or Dr Alice Weidel.
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there is a hell of a lot of wibble & not enough Dr Alice Weidel.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Oh good another bitch fight.

What ever, I have given up caring over these BREXIT threads. Once I did try and keep them on track but why both. Both sides are as bad as each other.

**** 'em and as long as it keeps them off the serious parts of the site all to the good.

I blame Thatcher

And Brexit

Oh good another bitch fight.

What ever, I have given up caring over these BREXIT threads. Once I did try and keep them on track but why both. Both sides are as bad as each other.

**** 'em and as long as it keeps them off the serious parts of the site all to the good.
You may as well argue the benefits and disadvantages of diesel, petrol, electrical or wind-powered engines. If one or the other solely powered Britain (or America, Australia, Canada or China) there'd be massive opposition, massive support, tremendous social discontent (on both sides of the argument), fourth estate dissonance, underground press arterial-bursting BPs, and enormous economic upheaval. It is the law of democratic Twitterish and it is one which wholly disregards the fact that all of this Problem is one of Human Overpopulation. China and India are excused boots here; they're not Class Enemies.

It's:
Not plastic (but lets' watch that)
Not Co2 (but let's watch that)
Not Ozone depletion (but let's watch that)

It's:
Too many people.

The normals would register their normalness by keeping their BPs fairly stable. All of this bullshit is driven by the less-than-normals; these are the hard/extreme leftwing barely-a-job workers, the lecturers and students-who-follow, the activists-living-with-Bob-who-has-a-job and the hangers-on (with no job but get a bit of brew-from the capitalist states.)

Brexit. Let's go. Let's make our own decisions about all this shit. Please? I have a gun.

When it comes, I think the reaction of the silent majority to all this will be... *ahem*... interesting.

When it comes, I think the reaction of the silent majority to all this will be... *ahem*... interesting.
The overwhelming emotion from most people is resignation and defeat. The net result is a boost for minor parties or they won't bother voting... Our FPP two party voting system cannot function in that climate and as such the system is broken and the next GE will I expect deliver a surprise result.

Latest Threads