Brexit Successes

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have successfully taken back control of the borders, controlled immigration, give 350 million to the NHS daily, and the levelling up is going great guns… oh you said successes ? Sorry I thought you meant lies and more lies. Don’t forget the free TV license for the elderly was a great idea .. oh .. never mind.

Well last figures I saw, and that was before the extra cash allocated in the recent budget, stated the NHS is currently getting £394 million extra per week.
I'm not big brain mathematician, but 394 seems like a higher number than 350.

Of course knowing how Remainers roll, they'd say that it's not the same figure promised (Ie exactly £350 mil) so the bus is a lie!

Well last figures I saw, and that was before the extra cash allocated in the recent budget, stated the NHS is currently getting £394 million per week.

Of course knowing how Remainers roll, they'd say that it's not the same figure promised (Ie exactly £350 mil) so the bus is a lie!
Like I (a remainer) said - it will be hard to differentiate what of that uplift is due to Brexit, and what is due to the pandemic.

How would you split the two?

Like I (a remainer) said - it will be hard to differentiate what of that uplift is due to Brexit, and what is due to the pandemic.

How would you split the two?

Same way that some on here are trying to split the Vaccine roll out success to us remaining outside the Eu program.

Same way that some on here are trying to split the Vaccine roll out success to us remaining outside the Eu program.
Absolutely, and I apply my reasoning to that as well.

So my question stands - how do you split the NHS uplift into Brexit and/or Pandemic bonus? If you can't, then you can't really claim to to be a Brexit success.

Absolutely, and I apply my reasoning to that as well.

So my question stands - how do you split the NHS uplift into Brexit and/or Pandemic bonus? If you can't, then you can't really claim to to be a Brexit success.
There are two separate items there though:

1. the requirement for extra money, due to Covid
2. the ability to fund that requirement, helped by Brexit.

Much like some are desperate to state we could not possibly have acted as legally entitled, if we'd remained.

Bizarre.

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well last figures I saw, and that was before the extra cash allocated in the recent budget, stated the NHS is currently getting £394 million extra per week.

The UK is a wealthy country so it’s success in holding on was never in question. The question should have been what are the direct benefits of Brexit to the people who voted for it and how have their lives improved.

The question should have been what are the direct benefits of Brexit to the people who voted for it and how have their lives improved.
No it's not. I didn't vote for Brexit to directly benefit or improve my life, I voted because I thought it was the right thing to do for my country.

The whole focus on "what are the benefits / successes" by various Remainers simply marks them out as having a very selfish attitude to life.

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
No it's not. I didn't vote for Brexit to directly benefit or improve my life, I voted because I thought it was the right thing to do for my country.

The whole focus on "what are the benefits / successes" by various Remainers simply marks them out as having a very selfish attitude to life.
That’s a fair point. So it was the desire for sovereignty and the taking back control part that appealed to you rather than how things would get better ? I always find it interesting that a large proportion of people on this forum served in Germany and loved there time there, yet became rabid anti EU as soon as Brexit kicked off.

So it was the desire for sovereignty and the taking back control part that appealed to you rather than how things would get better ?
For me personally, it was moving away from a centrist bureaucratic state that is obsessed with forming the United States of Europe. A situation I don't think is in our national interest (or that of the citizens of France, Germany, etc.).

If a future generation wishes to re-join, then that will be down to them, however at least they will have a choice.

Nothing to do with the continent of Europe or any of our European friends and neighbours.

I always find it interesting that a large proportion of people on this forum served in Germany and loved there time there, yet became rabid anti EU as soon as Brexit kicked off.

They served the UK and were based in Germany

They were also based there before the EU came into being.

Try not to confuse a dislike for the EU ( Institution ) to having a dislike of member States of the EU.

That’s a fair point. So it was the desire for sovereignty and the taking back control part that appealed to you rather than how things would get better ? I always find it interesting that a large proportion of people on this forum served in Germany and loved there time there, yet became rabid anti EU as soon as Brexit kicked off.

Those thoughts were more on my mind. I didn't see BREXIT as a chance to line my pockets or otherwise improve my lot. Indeed, not much has changed on a personal level.

My vote was due to several concerns. Such as the Euro not being stable, with the mounting debts of member states. We are one step insulated from that if it does implode. Equally, we can not be pinged for bailout funds. Now sprinkle on the ability to hold our leaders to account, and we're getting somewhere. No longer can the shifty ****'s say 'Not our fault, its the EU.' Now they have nowhere to hide, and we can give them the boot if we so desire.

You're confusing Europe with the EU.

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
Those thoughts were more on my mind. I didn't see BREXIT as a chance to line my pockets or otherwise improve my lot. Indeed, not much has changed on a personal level.

My vote was due to several concerns. Such as the Euro not being stable, with the mounting debts of member states. We are one step insulated from that if it does implode. Equally, we can not be pinged for bailout funds. Now sprinkle on the ability to hold our leaders to account, and we're getting somewhere. No longer can the shifty ****'s say 'Not our fault, its the EU.' Now they have nowhere to hide, and we can give them the boot if we so desire.
That’s how I feel about the situation in Wales .. labour blames Westminster , Westminster Blames the Senedd.

You're confusing Europe with the EU.

Indeed...

I always find it interesting that a large proportion of people on this forum served in Germany and loved there time there, yet became rabid anti EU as soon as Brexit kicked off.

I served 15 odd years of my 22 overseas in Europe and loved every minute...

My objection to the EU started with Maastricht and the ever creeping grab of powers. it turned into rabid hostility with their cut and paste repackaging of the failed and democratically rejected Constitutional Treaty into the Lisbon Treaty.

I have to say my dislike intensified during the disgraceful antics displayed during the financial crisis...

JB

2. the ability to fund that requirement, helped by Brexit.
How has Brexit helped? In a purely "political will" type way, or were there previously restrictions applied by the EU that we have now been released from?

Did that person work in the Leeds General Infirmary? <Smiley face>

We had freedom to act, regardless of membership of the EU.

From the failed German defence minister herself.

She explains why the UK approach was better. Going to disagree with her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads