Brexit Successes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to spin 7500 job losses as a success. More of a "not as bad as guessed".

I guess we might have to wibble about what constitutes job losses :) :)

The majority of large banks in London have increased the number of people they employ in the capital since the Brexit referendum, dispelling fears of a mass exodus.
In reality many companies have continued hiring in London and more than half of the largest finance firms have increased their employee headcount in the last five years, a survey of 24 major international banks and money managers by the Financial Times found.

Most major banks have increased employment in London since Brexit vote

Regardless - The Project Fear predictions of 100's of 1000's of jobs moving to the EU was absolute horse manure.

For example, we have 50% more COVID deaths than Germany.
From what I'm reading, they're going to close the gap and Belgium and Italy both have higher death rates.

In fact when you compare death rates, the UK looks pretty average:

3a.jpg

Just got the deal with our largest and closest trading partner to sort out. You know, the ones we keep making a fool of ourselves with.

Why would you be in a rush to hammer out a trade deal that leaves you with a trade deficit of around £80 Billion annually ?

From what I'm reading, they're going to close the gap and Belgium and Italy both have higher death rates.

In fact when you compare death rates, the UK looks pretty average:

View attachment 619059
Since the start of the plague I have never felt comfortable about comparing national death rates.
The methodology differs country to country, and we Brits are never slow in presenting the worst possible case.

As for bank recruiting, I have a grandson who works for a major City recruitment firm. Never been busier.

hamper

Old-Salt
Covid has a long way to go yet. Have a look at the difference in the amount of test compared to the UK, so how would you know? 5.2 vs 1, you have no idea of the true number in Germany.

For example, we have 50% more COVID deaths than Germany.

44%, but twice as many cases (Germany also has a smaller population density). Demonstrating the UK vaccination program was more effective.

44%, but twice as many cases (Germany also has a smaller population density). Demonstrating the UK vaccination program was more effective.
Imagine the death toll if it wasn't...

Those extra cases added immunity on top of the jabs.

It was a deliberate policy to get the opening up wave over with during the summer months, and not into autumn and winter when we have other respiratory viruses knocking about.

The ONS reckon the UK population has something like 92% covid antibodies in it.

The UK under Johnson has made itself a laughing stock to be picked over at leisure.

Hmmmm, I’m sure your choice of Corbyn would have had everyone fawning over us.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Haven't been online much lately - only to deal with reports, thread moves etc.

A new Brexit thread?

Haven't read it yet. Probably won't.

What have I missed?

"Brexit grr...", "Remain grr..."....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads