Brexit Successes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the BBC covered it. Mass immigration, low wages, unaffordable housing for those at the bottom.

This linked article proves just how right the Road Haulage Association were to campaign for more HGV drivers from Europe.

They wanted to improve the T&Cs and standard of living for Brits.

The evidence is right there, but I doubt the racist, xenophobic gammons will ever see it.

Great move mods.
Give a serial troll, thread banned from a fair few threads about Brexit, chance to post its own thread about Brexit so it can proceed to head dob to its hearts content and wish other posters to "hurry up and die".
Top that with it's monosyllabic responses to posters that put a bit of thought into their posts, add some more ad homs and a perfect trolls narcissistic passtime is created.

To the hole.

Great move mods.
Give a serial troll, thread banned from a fair few threads about Brexit, chance to post its own thread about Brexit so it can proceed to head dob to its hearts content and wish other posters to "hurry up and die".
Top that with it's monosyllabic responses to posters that put a bit of thought into their posts, add some more ad homs and a perfect trolls narcissistic passtime is created.

To the hole.

How funny would it be for someone to get banned from their own thread?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Again. Same deals, no cost. I even explained it in terms of a Sky subscription for you and you don't get it.
Just got the deal with our largest and closest trading partner to sort out. You know, the ones we keep making a fool of ourselves with.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Great move mods.

To the hole.
Great to see you back. I was wondering where the grumpy old gits had gone to ground.

This linked article proves just how right the Road Haulage Association were to campaign for more HGV drivers from Europe.

They wanted to improve the T&Cs and standard of living for Brits.

The evidence is right there, but I doubt the racist, xenophobic gammons will ever see it.
The EU caused the shortage. This article is from before the referendum.

Low wages, directives from the EU...

I shall answer honestly.

I wasn't aware of mass legal migration from Europe?

Employers decide what wages staff get, not employees.
We've had millions arrive in the UK from the EU since 2004 when the A8 countries joined; never before has the UK seen such numbers arrive.

And employers don't just 'decide' what wages they pay, market forces decide. Do you think all those lorry driving businesses just 'decided' to dish out multiple pay rises? I've got an ex-forces truck driving mate who has had three pay increases since April, his firm is that desperate to hold onto their drivers.

Business will pay the lowest they can to get the staff they want.

A tighter labour market increases wages; we've known this since the Black Death.

Just got the deal with our largest and closest trading partner to sort out. You know, the ones we keep making a fool of ourselves with.

Yes, we really made ourselves look foolish when we went all vaccine nationalistic and triggered Art 16 only to reversocycle the next day. We also looked really stupid when we compared vaccine procurement and jabbing figures against them.

The cherry was when we really looked foolish over Aukus and the French nicked a billion $$$ deal from us and we only found out via the media.

Silly us.

I’m counting on Scotland fücking off being a great success of BREXIT.

Swiftly followed by Wales and NI.

And I hope the budgetary shutters take their fingers off when they do.

I think the premise of the thread is asking the wrong question. In fairness, I think it’ll be hard to quantify economic successes, particularly in the short term.

However, to my simple mind, Brexit was less about money in/money out (to put it as straightforwardly as I can), and more about stopping the erosion of sovereignty that the likes of Maastricht had stepped up.

So to that simple mind of mine, even if the answer to this thread is “none to speak of, in fact, it’s cost £X”, the question to be asked is “If there is an economic cost of Brexit, was the restoration of eroded sovereignty worth that cost?”.

Short of complete collapse of the UK, economically and politically, I think the answer is always going to be “yes, no matter the cost”.

Again. Same deals, no cost. I even explained it in terms of a Sky subscription for you and you don't get it.
It's not me that doesn't understand "mostly the same, but not all, including the big ones" is not a benefit.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think the premise of the thread is asking the wrong question. In fairness, I think it’ll be hard to quantify economic successes, particularly in the short term.

However, to my simple mind, Brexit was less about money in/money out (to put it as straightforwardly as I can), and more about stopping the erosion of sovereignty that the likes of Maastricht had stepped up.

So to that simple mind of mine, even if the answer to this thread is “none to speak of, in fact, it’s cost £X”, the question to be asked is “If there is an economic cost of Brexit, was the restoration of eroded sovereignty worth that cost?”.

Short of complete collapse of the UK, economically and politically, I think the answer is always going to be “yes, no matter the cost”.
It's an enormous loss of international influence. Care to put a price on that?

It's an enormous loss of international influence. Care to put a price on that?

Yes, that's really hurt the EU.

They've lost the fifth/sixth largest economy in the world, a nuclear power, a nation that can project military power to any part of the globe, a permanent UN seat holder; a country with diplomatic history and links that span the globe and a world leader in soft power.

It's no wonder they didn't want to lose us.

Yes, we really made ourselves look foolish when we went all vaccine nationalistic and triggered Art 16 only to reversocycle the next day. We also looked really stupid when we compared vaccine procurement and jabbing figures against them.

The cherry was when we really looked foolish over Aukus and the French nicked a billion $$$ deal from us and we only found out via the media.

Silly us.
You seem to be confused.

For example, we have 50% more COVID deaths than Germany.

And the AUKUS deal has no connection with the EU, more likely 5EYES and I don't think the Aussies have said where their money will be spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.