Brexit straw poll

How did you vote and how do you feel now?

• Voted leave, but want to leave with a deal

• Voted leave and don't care about a deal, just LEAVE!

• Voted remain but accept result and want to leave but with a deal

• Voted remain, accept the result but now just want to LEAVE!

• I want a second referendum because I was too stupid to understand the question first time around.

• Voted leave but want to remain

• Voted remain but want to leave

• Voted remain and still want to remain. Keep haveing a vote until we get the right answer

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not getting over it, not standing idly by whilst the country is thrown to the dogs... or the gammon! GFA in jeopardy, economy being buggered, and Tommeeee mentality rife.
The Lord loves a sinner who repents.

Why do you think that she changed her mind? Could it be that she worked with those people and saw them for what they really were?

It is the primary source, not like secondary crap or even tertiary nonsense like ARSSE and the elbow licker's weekly or whatever you subscribe to.
Your posts belie the claims that remainers are more intelligent than leavers. You'll find some kindred spirits on this thread.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anyone change their minds since last Wednesday?

Might as well add to the pish by Remainers that huge groups of voters have changed their minds since the Referendum and that they would win a second referendum - fools!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes Britain in the early 70's was a pretty bleak place due in the main to the militant unions and the hold they had over Labour. The country was constantly being held ransom to some demand or other. If you believe that membership of the EEC / EU really contributed to things improving then you really are living in cloud cuckoo land. Things got better because the power of the militants was mitigated and the economy was allowed to grow despite of European interference not because of it.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Always fallacious and it seems Nornironman is busy creating a statistical variant of it.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
A common misconception, we were already in the EEC, we voted on whether to remain in or withdraw, it took how long before we decided that it wasn't what we were sold?
How long before the backpedallers relented and gave us the choice?
How much did we pay in over those years and how much did we get back?
How many jobs and industries were destroyed to appease the Eu?
Ok, ok, 1/1/73, with Rep of Ireland and Denmark; I was simplifying for reasons of economy (no pun etc).
But you in turn muddy the waters by starting with EEC and finishing with EU - a bit like British Governments really

Hello, I'd like to cancel my gym membership please.
No problem, that'll be 39 bn pounds please.
Err, okay,
and by the way, you'll still have to abide by our rules, without any say in them and also be barred from joining any other gyms in the future............just sign here.

As a marketing concept the EU is a great idea, IIRC it's the only organisation in the world that could effectively close it's borders to all trade outside and still survive. Similarly with natural resources as well (could be self sufficient). But it has become a political animal using trade to force through legislation, a large proportion of which is implemented without the elected officials being involved and member counties having no say whatsoever.

Yes Britain in the early 70's was a pretty bleak place due in the main to the militant unions and the hold they had over Labour. The country was constantly being held ransom to some demand or other. If you believe that membership of the EEC / EU really contributed to things improving then you really are living in cloud cuckoo land. Things got better because the power of the militants was mitigated and the economy was allowed to grow despite of European interference not because of it.
And let’s not forget Thatcher took the unions on.

I'll just leave this here.

Slightly alarming is the 16 people who think the correct answer is to keep having votes until the 'right' answer is achieved.....

I hope it was a joke selection on their part.

The perfect solution would be to sign over soverignty to France and Germany so they can decide the best course of action for the United Kingdom.

I've just read that through and realised thats the EU's current policy.

Hello, I'd like to cancel my gym membership please.
No problem, that'll be 39 bn pounds please.
Err, okay,
and by the way, you'll still have to abide by our rules, without any say in them and also be barred from joining any other gyms in the future............just sign here

Pretty weak analogy there.

It's more like: Having a child with your SO, then leaving her when the kid is only 7. Legally you're still the father, you have responsibility for them until they're 18, but you don't get to live with them any more. Just pay child maintenance.

Slightly alarming is the 16 people who think the correct answer is to keep having votes until the 'right' answer is achieved.....

I hope it was a joke selection on their part.
Or a selection based on what is closest to my actual views, i.e. Voted Remain and still want to Remain, but appreciate that there's a chance we will leave anyway, despite me still not wanting to, and knowing that another vote is unlikely. Plus it probably wouldn't do any good for the mood of the country . . .

Pretty weak analogy there.

It's more like: Having a child with your SO, then leaving her when the kid is only 7. Legally you're still the father, you have responsibility for them until they're 18, but you don't get to live with them any more. Just pay child maintenance.
This child is middle aged and still wont leave home!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 2619
L Brexit 43
verticalgyro Finance, Property, Law 64