Brexit Schadenfreude; "I didn't realise THAT would happen when I voted Leave..."

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
That would mean agreeing with what the current BBC echo chamber defines as extreme Right Wing?

Which as far as I can make out = ' people who disagree with us'.

Are you REALLY equating Alice Weider with the late baronet Oswald Ernald Mosley ? GTF

If you read my earlier post you will see I am a saddened admirer of Aunty.

But of late she has ,it seems to me, lost a bit of that infamous balance - especially on this issue.

Last edited:
That would mean agreeing with what the current BBC echo chamber defines as extreme Right Wing?

Which as far as I can make out = ' people who disagree with us'.

Are you REALLY equating Alice Weider with the late baronet Oswald Ernald Mosley ? GTF

If you read my earlier post you will see I am saddened admirer of Aunty.

But of late she has ,it seems to me, lost a bit of that infamous balance - especially on this issue.
You on about Andrew Neil, Nick Robinson, Sarah Sands etc? That BBC? The BBC which treats the TPA and IEA et al as unbiased commentators rather than the opaque lobbyists they are and doesn't question them at all?

Which British journalist has been nominated for a Pulitzer (joint) then? Has it been on the BBC? Clue, same journalist won the Orwell Prize for journalism in 2018, she got two lines on the BBC site. Why?

The key point I was hoping to make, highlighted.

Our state Broadcaster and others will only ever refer to opposition to Brussels within the cosy coterie of the EU as
' extreme right wing' or ' extreme Nationalists'

a prime example here : LINK

[ Alan Posener is the son of a liberal German-Jewish family, while his mother is of Scottish-English ancestry. He grew up in England, Malaysia and Germany. He studied German studies and Anglican culture at the Free University of Berlinand the Ruhr University of Bochum. During this period he served as Executive of the Communist Students Association and the Maoist Communist Party active. SOURCE ]

Incidentally, I have no doubt that both the main German opposition party AfD and it's French equivalent , Marine Le Pen's Front National have attracted outriders from the vile neo-Nazi end of their respective politics.

Just as the British Labour party has attracted people who think Trotsky was a maligned moderate - and democracy is a dangerous experiment.

The fact that both AfD and FN seem to have attracted such significant support should be viewed objectively - a clear indication that the EU is no longer seen as the great enabler it once was.

Vive le Frexit - en avant!
That’s one reason I would ban university study, to much later in life. Idealism and ideas just don't Mix, especially when the ability to question is just being learned

You on about Andrew Neil, Nick Robinson, Sarah Sands etc? That BBC? The BBC which treats the TPA and IEA et al as unbiased commentators rather than the opaque lobbyists they are and doesn't question them at all?

Which British journalist has been nominated for a Pulitzer (joint) then? Has it been on the BBC? Clue, same journalist won the Orwell Prize for journalism in 2018, she got two lines on the BBC site. Why?
Oh please, the establishment lauds the establishment, quelle surprise .

Oh please, the establishment lauds the establishment, quelle surprise .
When you work out that the establishment are doing their best to ignore her get back to me.

When you work out that the establishment are doing their best to ignore her get back to me.
Again quelle surprise, the establishment ignoring the very person elected to do the bidding of the electorate. Hoooeeeh. Not exactly in their interest. Laughably Two jags is doing a program on British engineering, not that he did much to protect it.

Again quelle surprise, the establishment ignoring the very person elected to do the bidding of the electorate. Hoooeeeh. Not exactly in their interest. Laughably Two jags is doing a program on British engineering, not that he did much to protect it.
Do you know who I mean? You don't do you?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Carol Cadwalladr ? For her Observer reports which led to some embarrassment for HMG over Cambridge Analytical ?

You want my view?

The lack of coverage had feck all to do with Brexit - there was probably a more populist story to break eg

Carol Cadwalladr ? For her Observer reports which led to some embarrassment for HMG over Cambridge Analytical ?

You want my view?

The lack of coverage had feck all to do with Brexit - there was probably a more populist story to break eg
She's been blanked by the BBC consistently. Why?

I was thinking more along the lines of Frauke Petry. You know, "ban minarets", "shoot immigrants", "stop apologising for Germany's wartime conduct", "have some nice chats with PEGIDA" etc, etc.

Frauke Petry - Wikipedia

It does sound a teensy bit similar to Oswald's view of the world... "ban synagogues", "shoot immigrants", "stop apologising for Germany's wartime conduct", "have some nice chats with William Joyce". Granted, the BUF had more of a thing for black uniforms and lightning-bolt motifs.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
So not Weider, the leader of the AfD then ? Got it.

I was thinking more along the lines of Frauke Petry. You know, "ban minarets", "shoot immigrants", "stop apologising for Germany's wartime conduct", "have some nice chats with PEGIDA" etc, etc.

Frauke Petry - Wikipedia

It does sound a teensy bit similar to Oswald's view of the world... "ban synagogues", "shoot immigrants", "stop apologising for Germany's wartime conduct", "have some nice chats with William Joyce". Granted, the BUF had more of a thing for black uniforms and lightning-bolt motifs.
She was probably inspired by her time at University in Reading.:oops:. Though i am in no way a fan of hers the AFD does reflect the views of a lot of people in Germany. Many do not like the idea of embracing our ''imported friends'' and all things Islamic, which seems to be the current trend in the UK. While Brexit seems to be for some a way of protesting against Immigration policies in the UK, so is voting for the AFD in my opinion the German Version. In my 34 years of living here i must conclude that the average ´German is no more a nazi than the average Brit. Many are still annoyed about Angie's Immigration cock up which has never been acknowledged as such.

Because she's a mad conspiracy loon who sees reds under every bed, and who's stories have been subject to more retractions, corrections and clarifications than a Metropolitan police event log?

Because she's a mad conspiracy loon who sees reds under every bed, and who's stories have been subject to more retractions, corrections and clarifications than a Metropolitan police event log?
Doesn't everyone take out injunctions against their employers these days?

I hear it's all the rage amongst the PNG set.

Is that why she's a Pulitzer Prize finalist? Banks sued her yet? He and Wiggy have promised to enough times.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 22415
L Brexit 51
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 142