Brexit Schadenfreude; "I didn't realise THAT would happen when I voted Leave..."

Except, from quite literally the first post in this thread...
with that huge elephant in the room-mechanisation, some of us were around when it was mentioned in the 60's. There's another little sub elephant in the room. Called Gangmasters.
The question you have to ask yourself, is if the British won't work for Peanuts and the EU pretends it's interested in workers rights, why would they expect eastern Europeans to work for peanuts. Answer-to massage eastern Europe's employment figures. I've said it once and I'll say it again, the farmers tend to avoid capital investment if labour is cheaper and what does Labour do about it other than play to the gallery.

You couldn't make it up, I wonder if he's realised he'll have to plan to retire to Bognor? Baked gammon? Or half baked gammon maybe!
He'll be back to clog up the NHS I'm sure.

Doesn't matter - he states his workforce, largely Eastern European - has buggered off and the Brits CBA to fill in the gap.
They could have taken the noticeable community of EasternEuropean pissheads that live around here with them.

it's nice bumping into them as they get their breakfast cider/vodka/lager from the one stop just down from the office. Which is nicer than having to step over them lying on the pavement soaked in what I can only presume is their own piss and vomit.
The pigeons don't respond if you shout at them in English anymore.

it's some kind of outrage.

We do seem to have plenty of workers here though

There is only one carwash I'm aware of in Southampton that isn't run by an Eastern European gang workforce, If you are looking for a "temporary recreational companion" (St Marys and Beavis Valley road) then guess where they all come from?

I note with amusement the number of people who voted Leave, and subsequently found that leaving the EU will materially affect them.

This Leave voting farmer relies relied upon Eastern European labour, which has now dried up as they've all gone back home.

Lets see some more examples...

Excellent news. Child benefit claims down, illegal HOMO significantly reduced, crime and drug-taking down, dodgy 'shops' laundering cash reduced....

That reminds me of the mess the government made of the O2 arena when they had custody. Cash thrown at it with no return. Then it was handed over to a French bloke to run and profit almost overnight. Now it's a massive cash cow. The government haven't a scooby about industrial needs and commerce, hence everything gets privatised so they get out of any responsibility except to carp from the sidelines. This government shouldn't be allowed to run a public toilet...oh, hang on, there aren't any. :cool:

Despite E&Y being a bit of a remaniac firm still came out with this today, "despite Brexit":

Ernst & Young: UK found to be hottest investment destination despite Brexit

Highest UK employment in 45 years (and opposite of HM Treasury saying there would be 600,000 job losses immediately after a vote to leave in 2016):

BBC: UK employment total hits record high

Still let the Remaniacs keep wishing the UK ill.

Hmmm.... not every bit of foreign investment is necessarily a Good Thing for UK PLC.

Consider the waste industry.

Most infrastructure projects I'm involved with are EfW (Energy from Waste) plants, in the value range £100m-£800m.

That's the top line figure, paid by the local authority to the EPC.

in most of the projects, the company acting as EPC is not British, and is taking a healthy profit to be taxed overseas.

In most of the projects, the operational contractor- Veolia, Suez, FCC, whoever- has a 20 or 30 year deal with Blankshire Council and will be taking a healthy profit to be taxed overseas.

You could change a few details and we would be talking about energy, gas, water.... it's great that we get projects built.

I'm old fashioned and I remember when our household bills made their way to the wage packets of blokes in our home towns who emptied the bins and spent their money locally.

Wages wise, that still happens. Back in the day, all the money spent by households on utilities circulated in Britain.

Now it doesn't.

I suspect that in an urge to get projects built, the terms will get ever more favourable to any investor. We will be exporting money.

That's why we're a hot investment destination.

I note with amusement the number of people who voted Leave, and subsequently found that leaving the EU will materially affect them.

This Leave voting farmer relies relied upon Eastern European labour, which has now dried up as they've all gone back home.

Lets see some more examples...

UK loses seasonal fruit production - what a disaster. And anything that puts people like 'Doug' out of action has got to be beneficial.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 15481
L Brexit 51
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 142