Brexit Schadenfreude; "I didn't realise THAT would happen when I voted Leave..."

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The poll points to a minority Labour govt, probably propped up by the SNP
The polls for the referendum pointed to a massive Remain vote, how did that turn out?

Does the average Brit realize what this will mean?! You will be an international pariah.
Only for 5 years, or less....

We're not covering ourselves in glory as it is

The polls for the referendum pointed to a massive Remain vote, how did that turn out?
Not sure if it was massive, just a remain vote...

One day it will be put to the electorate and we'll find out.

The newport by-election was instructive though

Only for 5 years, or less....

We're not covering ourselves in glory as it is
Once that fence is broken, it will be very hard to mend.

If JC becomes the top dog, I fear our chumminess will turn to outright loathing.
The man makes me wish we could JDAM his party into oblivion.

The law of unintended consequences
The vote was to leave the EU, The mongs in government in their wisdom are trying to stop it
saying it will freck the UK economy up, now there's a chance labour will get in and that
will definitely freck the economy up
Be careful what you wish for

A service that will certainly stop when we leave,willbe the little known influx of orthopaedic english tourists turning up in towns like torrevieja, Alicante and benidorm, ending up as emergency patients for hip or knee replacements, because they got fed up of waiting for surgery in UK!!Torrevieja Hospital takes on over 100 extra staff to cover the influx over the summer months,all this should stop with a bit of luck, germany successfully stopped this practise 7 years ago,pretty soon UK travellers in europe will be getting issued with a Handbell and an unclean sign , at last they will reap what they have sown:cool:

A service that will certainly stop when we leave,willbe the little known influx of orthopaedic english tourists turning up in towns like torrevieja, Alicante and benidorm, ending up as emergency patients for hip or knee replacements, because they got fed up of waiting for surgery in UK!!Torrevieja Hospital takes on over 100 extra staff to cover the influx over the summer months,all this should stop with a bit of luck, germany successfully stopped this practise 7 years ago,pretty soon UK travellers in europe will be getting issued with a Handbell and an unclean sign , at last they will reap what they have sown:cool:
That very much depends on what you want a NHS for. You know all the little girlies wanting breast implants from questionable clinics, paying 5k a pop, finding that the implants were sub standard and then bleating they want compo. Derriere treatments, botox etc. The Germans were quite right to stop it. But don't worry when french broads want to come over here just for a new passport for baby....... Seen em all mate. It's an NHS ponzi thing. Dental work in Poland or Latvia, because we have have to pay etc. That fine line crossed between cosmetics and health.

Talking of Brits coming back from Espana...

1555326484890.png

Except, from quite literally the first post in this thread...

My observations were from first hand experience as a manager on a large farm, , the farmer in your vid is not going to openly admit he prefers to employ eastern europeans because they are easier to exploit and manipulate is he ?

Last edited:
So why is the nhs in such poor shape if the Tories are spending so much money on it.
The truth is they aren’t.

Once the funding started getting politicised the whole thing went done the pan.
We never used to have a bed shortage or a winter crisis, winter still arrived once a year and no one noticed.
Could it be that the money poured into the NHS is not used wisely?
Maybe a review of how they spend what is already received would be advantageous?

Perhaps we didn't have (so many) bed shortages in days of yore. Then again there are a lot more treatments and procedures available now compared to 15/20 years ago.

Last edited:
My observations were from first hand experience as a manager on a large farm, , the farmer in your vid is not going to openly admit he prefers to employ eastern europeans because they are easier to exploit and manipulate is he ?
Doesn't matter - he states his workforce, largely Eastern European - has buggered off and the Brits CBA to fill in the gap.

"We don't need to plan for the event it's a Yes as we can only do that afterwards."

"We don't need to plan now that it's a Yes vote as that's the government's job."

"Hey, thing's aren't going to plan! It's outrageous!"

It gives me a fair amount of malicious glee, any road.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 15481
L Brexit 51
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 142