Brexit Schadenfreude; "I didn't realise THAT would happen when I voted Leave..."

I note with amusement the number of people who voted Leave, and subsequently found that leaving the EU will materially affect them.

This Leave voting farmer relies relied upon Eastern European labour, which has now dried up as they've all gone back home.

Lets see some more examples...

I'd have thought the number of people who voted "leave" and have wound up being in a Hotel California situation is what's happened.

It would be like voting "remain" and winding up with a PM and parliament who subsequently negotiates to leave.

I think “Shadenfreude” is a concept that will able to be applied to both sides of this argument, the way it has all been handled.
Pyrrhic victories all round.

I note with amusement the number of people who voted Leave, and subsequently found that leaving the EU will materially affect them.

This Leave voting farmer relies relied upon Eastern European labour, which has now dried up as they've all gone back home.

Pickout a couple of people from 17+ million and you can prove your point old boy.

A bit like finding and picking out a never deployed chap from the army reserves.

Mutually boring chat, no?

What utter, utter bollocks.

Are you so communist that you believe agriculture means peasants?

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer

How many people are we talking about here horse? You know? People you know???

You know we have a few chaps who can pick fruit...when would like us to send a few your way??

You know we have a few chaps who can pick fruit...when would like us to send a few your way??
Would you promise to only send your best?

I fear you would send us people with lots of problems - You know, the ones with drugs, rapists.

Some, I assume, would be good people of course, but the rest? You can keep them.

I fear you would send us people with lots of problems - You know, the ones with drugs, rapists.

Some, I assume, would be good people of course, but the rest? You can keep them.
You'll likely get Compton, West Philadelphia, and Camden

The three Mexican countries might be shocked when a few ships arrive to ferry their people away...

Back in the 80's, I used to go potatoe picking, as well as berry picking, brussel sprouts, cauliflower etc. In fact most kids I grew up with did. Farms always had a plentiful supply of UK labour - adults and kids & all British. What happened is that farmers wanted to pay less wages - so when europeans came and worked for less money, the farmers employed those people instead. It's not the fact that people won't do the jobs - but if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. It's not just farmers that exploited people, it's nearly every low skilled profession. That's one of the reasons people voted for Brexit - something most city dwellers are oblivious about.

Last edited:
I know half a dozen people that voted leave and have all lost their jobs as a direct result. One has now lost his home after being out of a job for two years.

It's not schadenfreude, it's just incredibly sad. Ask a leave voter if they have any empathy towards anyone else about this and all you seem to get is 'oh well, "we'll" be better off in the long run' when there is no "we" in their world view nor any "long run"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 15481
L Brexit 51
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 142