Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit: Royal chips in ( pic page 3.)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
This is not posted to try and influence either side of this rancid, debilitating screech-fest.

It's just a nice example of someone living Over There responding to some people on the increasingly silly Quora, which I thought might raise a smile in these grim times....made me giggle.

Anyway, FWIW:

Source

What is the will of the British people now, BreMain or BreXit?

Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor
, former Corporal at Royal Marines (1999-2009)
Updated Sep 12 · Upvoted by Tony Jackson, lives in The United Kingdom (1981-present)
https://www.quora.com/#

Ive been silent on Brexit for a while, I don’t want to turn into one of those pathological posters that talks about one topic constantly.
But Christ on a bike… I had to break my duck today, some of the answers to this particular question absolutely astound me.
I know people feel strongly about this issue, I get that.
But feeling strongly about something doesn’t give you carte blanche to talk bollocks.
If that was the case, well, I feel strongly about my mother in law. I could simply secrete my pistol in her jewelry box, call the LAPD and tell them that she is the culprit behind a string of armed robberies in Los Angeles, and then pray to all of the Gods that I might at least get 12 hours of ******* peace.
But despite what many posters have to say on the matter, the Great British public know what the polls say. Apparently if you try really hard, you can find one that supports the Remainers demonstrably incorrect suggestion that everyone has changed their minds so we can completely ignore the fact that Brexit handily twatted Remain in the referendum.
main-qimg-a8b1158fe9f944e70b486b8c6d7a6a63

“They didn’t know what they were voting for, and they don’t understand percentages and numbers higher than 1.3 million anyway!”
I’ve said it a dozen times, but I’ll repeat myself again here.
I didn’t vote for Brexit.
I was on the fence about it and I didn’t care enough to take part, especially since I moved abroad.
If Remain had won, I would 100% have become a die-hard Remainer. The loser must always concede, it is the central tenet of civilized democracy and I feel very strongly about it on principle.
You best believe I have registered for a postal vote now though.
main-qimg-9fbd57b36b7176fad5c16a6d82126d91

“Dear Mr Taylor, thank you for confirming that you don’t know what you are registering to vote for. We have sent you a pamphlet entitled ‘Why The Losing Side Should Be In Charge’ to help you better understand the process!”
Millions of people will feel the same, because thankfully there are far more people with principles than there are Marxists, far-left authoritarians, and lefty activists, despite what Twitter has to say.
So there is going to be more Remainers that are principled enough to accept the fact that when you vote for something, it should ******* happen, than there are going to be people that have changed their minds from Brexit to Remain.
Funny old thing, three years of necky bastards overturning a free and fair referendum result simply because they didn’t like it, well… it tends to make people a tad angry.
And now... to read some of the answers here, some people seem to think that it is acceptable to simply ask for another vote, and best of all, for everyone to simply pick between Remain, or a treaty that is Remain only, with no real option to leave?!
It dropped my jaw to the floor.
I’d be less stunned if I walked in and found my missus playing Twister with Jesus, Elvis, and Lord Lucan.
Seriously lads, I’m flabbergasted, I’m amazed that people even have the audacity to type it.
I could only write such a thing in a public forum if I took a few stiff drinks, had a very cold shower, and then dictated the ******* thing to someone else to type for me while I gnawed on some boiled leather and sobbed.
I’d cringe so hard my own neck would snap.
I mean, I knew Remainers were absolutely merciless when they started calling Boris Johnson a dictator while simultaneously refusing to allow the public to have a General Election but until now, I didn’t realize that they lacked both integrity and shame at the same time!
I fully support MPs from Remain areas campaigning to Remain too. MPs must carry out the wishes of their constituents and voting as such is not simply moral, it is expected.
I have no issues with the SNP for example, they are doing as they must.
But the behavior of MPs from noted Leave areas, the likes of Anna Turley for example, is completely and utterly unacceptable. It should turn the stomach of anybody what has genuine regard for democracy.
She represents Redcar by the way.
She’s obviously not from Redcar, because she’s just another posh southerner that got her nice safe seat thanks to a revolting mixture of rank nepotism and cronyism, but anyway, here is how Redcar voted.
main-qimg-ea13dcee2632de5815f4b12f5e01c57b

And here is how she Tweets.
main-qimg-3240a33aa6835363b674fe34b539be1f

Yes, you read that right. Having a nap cos you are very tired, that apparently means you have contempt for Parliament.
But doing the exact ******* opposite of what your own voters tell you to do, well, that’s not contempt apparently.
That’s just sweet tasty democracy in action don’t you know.
Well, I’ve had enough. Im not merely annoyed now, and I this shit has gone far beyond the bounds of good taste.
Its like having a General Election (those things we used to have before the authoritarian left took over Parliament while denying an election cos they know they would lose it) and then when Boris Johnson wins it by 1.4 million votes (or 3.8% of the vote, but you will note that they always round it down and say 3% rather than 4%) they simply go “I’ll tell you what, lets compromise and have famed Marxist John McDonnell in a blue tie instead, hows that sound?”
I say nay gentlemen!
main-qimg-e73dd27bc9bcd294c2de3e16b736923f

“My name is Mattius Decimus Taylor! Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Steel Legions and loyal servant to the true Prime Minister Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson! Father of a pissed off son, husband to a pissed off wife! And I will have my vengeance, in an election this ******* year or the next!”
The polls are clear ladies and gents. The polls are numerous and the polls are clear.
There has been No. Significant. Swing. In. Public. Opinion.
And really, how could it? They would have to overturn a 1.4 million deficit right off the bat, and then they would need to win by at least the same majority, or else the Brexiteers would be perfectly and logically right to say “**** off, you won by the same amount we did!”
No. The British people want to leave, and the powers that be can spin it whichever way they wish, they are not going to keep us in now, the ship has sailed, and their dirty tricks will only hurt them in the polls.
They even claim that “only the rich” want to leave, despite the fact that they have it arse-backwards.
******* hell, I can tell you off the top of my head if an area is going to be leave or remain, by simply counting how many discarded needles, prostitutes, and rusted washing machines litter the ******* streets of the county in question!

So the Remainers are definitely in bother as soon as we head to the polls.
And If they wont agree to an election, and they won’t, because they know they wont win the ******* thing, then I suggest we do it the auld fashioned way instead!
main-qimg-6688a97c2f8498b0017f24d6fa7d1908

And then they said.. You might have rough steelworking towns like Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, and Sunderland on your side, but we have got Kensington, Camden, and Islington! BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!”
I shall see you on the field chaps!
If we wish to avoid bloodshed, I suppose we could have two champions settle it instead.
I shall fight for the north, wielding my giant butterfly bladed Great Ax named “Twatbastard.”
You lads can nominate one of those sweet swelling Morris Dancers from down south!

I shouldn't have laughed but:

If I had four mothers-in-law and I was never allowed a beer, I'd probably be happy to scatter myself across the ******* battlefield as well.

main-qimg-b443f496cff51bc2e005761b1cdb06f1

“Me next! Me next! Please let me escape the collection of harridans in my living room via the medium of high explosives!”

This is not posted to try and influence either side of this rancid, debilitating screech-fest.

It's just a nice example of someone living Over There responding to some people on the increasingly silly Quora, which I thought might raise a smile in these grim times....made me giggle.

Anyway, FWIW:

Source

What is the will of the British people now, BreMain or BreXit?

Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor
, former Corporal at Royal Marines (1999-2009)
Updated Sep 12 · Upvoted by Tony Jackson, lives in The United Kingdom (1981-present)
Quora - A place to share knowledge and better understand the world

Ive been silent on Brexit for a while, I don’t want to turn into one of those pathological posters that talks about one topic constantly.
But Christ on a bike… I had to break my duck today, some of the answers to this particular question absolutely astound me.
I know people feel strongly about this issue, I get that.
But feeling strongly about something doesn’t give you carte blanche to talk bollocks.
If that was the case, well, I feel strongly about my mother in law. I could simply secrete my pistol in her jewelry box, call the LAPD and tell them that she is the culprit behind a string of armed robberies in Los Angeles, and then pray to all of the Gods that I might at least get 12 hours of ******* peace.
But despite what many posters have to say on the matter, the Great British public know what the polls say. Apparently if you try really hard, you can find one that supports the Remainers demonstrably incorrect suggestion that everyone has changed their minds so we can completely ignore the fact that Brexit handily twatted Remain in the referendum.
main-qimg-a8b1158fe9f944e70b486b8c6d7a6a63

I’ve said it a dozen times, but I’ll repeat myself again here.
I didn’t vote for Brexit.
I was on the fence about it and I didn’t care enough to take part, especially since I moved abroad.
If Remain had won, I would 100% have become a die-hard Remainer. The loser must always concede, it is the central tenet of civilized democracy and I feel very strongly about it on principle.
You best believe I have registered for a postal vote now though.
main-qimg-9fbd57b36b7176fad5c16a6d82126d91

Millions of people will feel the same, because thankfully there are far more people with principles than there are Marxists, far-left authoritarians, and lefty activists, despite what Twitter has to say.
So there is going to be more Remainers that are principled enough to accept the fact that when you vote for something, it should ******* happen, than there are going to be people that have changed their minds from Brexit to Remain.
Funny old thing, three years of necky bastards overturning a free and fair referendum result simply because they didn’t like it, well… it tends to make people a tad angry.
And now... to read some of the answers here, some people seem to think that it is acceptable to simply ask for another vote, and best of all, for everyone to simply pick between Remain, or a treaty that is Remain only, with no real option to leave?!
It dropped my jaw to the floor.
I’d be less stunned if I walked in and found my missus playing Twister with Jesus, Elvis, and Lord Lucan.
Seriously lads, I’m flabbergasted, I’m amazed that people even have the audacity to type it.
I could only write such a thing in a public forum if I took a few stiff drinks, had a very cold shower, and then dictated the ******* thing to someone else to type for me while I gnawed on some boiled leather and sobbed.
I’d cringe so hard my own neck would snap.
I mean, I knew Remainers were absolutely merciless when they started calling Boris Johnson a dictator while simultaneously refusing to allow the public to have a General Election but until now, I didn’t realize that they lacked both integrity and shame at the same time!
I fully support MPs from Remain areas campaigning to Remain too. MPs must carry out the wishes of their constituents and voting as such is not simply moral, it is expected.
I have no issues with the SNP for example, they are doing as they must.
But the behavior of MPs from noted Leave areas, the likes of Anna Turley for example, is completely and utterly unacceptable. It should turn the stomach of anybody what has genuine regard for democracy.
She represents Redcar by the way.
She’s obviously not from Redcar, because she’s just another posh southerner that got her nice safe seat thanks to a revolting mixture of rank nepotism and cronyism, but anyway, here is how Redcar voted.
main-qimg-ea13dcee2632de5815f4b12f5e01c57b

And here is how she Tweets.
main-qimg-3240a33aa6835363b674fe34b539be1f

Yes, you read that right. Having a nap cos you are very tired, that apparently means you have contempt for Parliament.
But doing the exact ******* opposite of what your own voters tell you to do, well, that’s not contempt apparently.
That’s just sweet tasty democracy in action don’t you know.
Well, I’ve had enough. Im not merely annoyed now, and I this shit has gone far beyond the bounds of good taste.
Its like having a General Election (those things we used to have before the authoritarian left took over Parliament while denying an election cos they know they would lose it) and then when Boris Johnson wins it by 1.4 million votes (or 3.8% of the vote, but you will note that they always round it down and say 3% rather than 4%) they simply go “I’ll tell you what, lets compromise and have famed Marxist John McDonnell in a blue tie instead, hows that sound?”
I say nay gentlemen!
main-qimg-e73dd27bc9bcd294c2de3e16b736923f

“My name is Mattius Decimus Taylor! Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Steel Legions and loyal servant to the true Prime Minister Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson! Father of a pissed off son, husband to a pissed off wife! And I will have my vengeance, in an election this ******* year or the next!”
The polls are clear ladies and gents. The polls are numerous and the polls are clear.
There has been No. Significant. Swing. In. Public. Opinion.
And really, how could it? They would have to overturn a 1.4 million deficit right off the bat, and then they would need to win by at least the same majority, or else the Brexiteers would be perfectly and logically right to say “**** off, you won by the same amount we did!”
No. The British people want to leave, and the powers that be can spin it whichever way they wish, they are not going to keep us in now, the ship has sailed, and their dirty tricks will only hurt them in the polls.
They even claim that “only the rich” want to leave, despite the fact that they have it arse-backwards.
******* hell, I can tell you off the top of my head if an area is going to be leave or remain, by simply counting how many discarded needles, prostitutes, and rusted washing machines litter the ******* streets of the county in question!

So the Remainers are definitely in bother as soon as we head to the polls.
And If they wont agree to an election, and they won’t, because they know they wont win the ******* thing, then I suggest we do it the auld fashioned way instead!
main-qimg-6688a97c2f8498b0017f24d6fa7d1908

I shall see you on the field chaps!
If we wish to avoid bloodshed, I suppose we could have two champions settle it instead.
I shall fight for the north, wielding my giant butterfly bladed Great Ax named “Twatbastard.”
You lads can nominate one of those sweet swelling Morris Dancers from down south!
I bet he can carry very, very big bergans.

Where is this page 3 pic? I only clicked here in the hope of seeing:

Lindsay, 22, from Bristol, says she thinks the politicians should get their act together and tell Brussels....

Claire, 19, says she has big boobs, but not as big as the ones in Parliament..

Apologies Yokes- an ancient devyse of ye scurrilous woodcuttes to attract esteemeéd readers.

I bet he can carry very, very big bergans.

Ever had anything to do with the Corps B-B?

A distinctive sense of humour - which God knows every Brit who cares for the name needs right now, as what the clowns in Westminster are up to is w-a-a-a-a-a-y beyond a joke.