Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit of a straw man when people claim we can still work in Europe. Of course, but only only for the rich/well qualified. Unlike now where anyone can pop over to Belgium etc, to apply for the Delaize graduate scheme, such opportunities will cease when we leave. Or pop over to Germany to study their MSc for the same fees as a German national (or any EU member state).

I find this analysis on the reasons people leave to be interesting - haven't read the primary article yet, but interesting all the same:

How the government’s pro-remain leaflet shaped the EU referendum | SPERI

(It's really interesting that the governments leaflet reduced the likelyhood of voting leave in the same type of people targeted by Cambridge Analytica),
I binned it.

Apparently, having #FBPE after your twitter handle, marks you out as a swivel eyed loon o_O
Some of these people walk among us:

Oh yes the definition "follow back Pro EU"

In some bizarre circles it's finally starting to sink in there's no 2nd referendum.

Oh well, 29th March 2019 is edging closer ;-)

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Rubbish.

You did watch Auf Widersein pet in the '80s didn't you?

I have family members who were working on the continent in the '80s and '90s. One I've mentioned before. Married an Austrian, had French kids. Went with HE/FE knowledge of mobile phone systems, now a post grad working in China.

Another friend married to a Chicago girl, living in Texas. A Texan Architect married to a local girl from my village.

You don't have to be rich, and 'well qualified' is subjective. You're probably thinking PhD because that is how you are conditioned to think. But those brickies in the '80s were qualified too... with a qualification that was needed.
PMTM was proposing a £50k/annum bottom limit on anyone coming to work in the UK.

It works both ways...

Status
Not open for further replies.