Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fundamentally, brexit is a retrograde step to strip the rights and protections from its citizens and set up and adversarial relationship with our former European friends.

For me this runs to the core of the divide between leave and remain.

Many brexiteers, who are old and embittered at failures they wish to blame at the feet of the EU are gleefully happy to strip the right of their fellow citizens, especially the young of the right to live and work in 27 other countries.

It's a sign of how inward looking and intolerant this country is becoming

What a splendid example of horrendous English and execrable grammar. You appear to have finally found something at which you excel.

Bravo.

Why are you saying I'm an expert on customs and then proceed to attack my argument on that basis?

I'm comfortable saying I know nothing about customs. And also accepting you're an expert on customs procedures from the 70s :p
I asked you when you had done the job, your responded that you didn't have to- you could extend that to the 80,90's and noughties, when of course it ceased thanks to Compliance with EU rules- or more likely mutual convenience. Now bugger off to Manekkin Piss

Mark Francois MP was very interesting on R4 this morning. He was adamant that May still doesn't have the votes for her latest iteration of Chequers. Interestingly, no real attempt was made to shoot down his argument.

Noted this Morning, La Thornberry was on GMB cos Piers wasn't.
We want a meaningful vote- i.e "we'll win."
We want to stay in The CU- having been told by Juncker she can't.
No acceptance (or mention) of her party having signed the very treaty that is the issue. And people honestly think Labour has the answer- sheesh.

She then launches into a diatriabe about international standards re KSA and I'm thinking where's Robin Cook and his ethical FP. Where did that get him?

current Freedom of movement is just unfettered movement of people. Unchecked.

old freedom of movement was the ability to move, and work, any where you wanted. As long as the authorities were informed. So they could plan roads, schools, hospitals....

which one is retarded? A or b.
A. No it isn't
B. Is a better description of EU FoM, if you can be arsed to apply the rules!

I’ve flown into knock. It’s not the end of the world but you can see it from there ( when it’s not obscured by the driving rain) . The ground handling staff were nice though, I think I was the first customer that week. ( it was Tuesday).
750,000 people used Knock in 2017

I can see why the EU appeals to many and I can fully understand their frustration at the Brexit vote. However, the EU has seriously lost its way under Juncker, Tusk and Selmayr and has evolved into a seriously unpleasant institution. What frustrates me is the glib ignoring of this alarming development.

Status
Not open for further replies.