Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. And that's why the EU are wanting to punish and make it difficult for the UK to exercise its democratic right to leave the EU.
They've played it wrong. They should have kept us on side. We'd have probably stilled paid in then. But now it's looking likely we'll hunt for our own trade.
Did we punish Ireland in 1921?

Fantasy finally made contact with reality as the chequers waffle was utterly rejected by the EU, in the most stark display of solidarity, despite the efforts of out PM to divide and rule by backing fascism in Eastern Europe (a particular low).

The ERG are wearing no clothes, have been discredited and will be tarred and feathered in due course

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but I think this laughable panto taking place in the media is merely to mask whats going on behind closed doors, with close coordination between both the EU MS and the EU officials....

The hysterical posting by the brexiteers on this thread is simply delicious to behold.

Like other countries who's populations have suffered bouts of insanity throughout history, early 21C Britain will be studied and debated and most importantly, learned from for future generations.

A cautionary lesson on the dangers of lazy arrogance, xenophobia, jingoism, nostalgia and achievement by (Empire) temporal proxy.

To brexiteers I say, hush now and be accursed, no matter what happens next, your fantasy is about to come crashing down very shortly, one way or another :p:p:p
Have you been drinking toilet duck?

Where have you been?

Even the Aussies, part of the much vaunted Anglosphere/Commonwealth trading area (Empire v2.0) are laughing at our folly.

'Send help': May's extraordinary Brexit speech reveals her unusual tactic

Stripped of its R.E.S.P.E.C.T. rhetoric, British Prime Minister Theresa May’s extraordinary speech in 10 Downing St on Friday sounded suspiciously like the flutter of a white flag.
To paraphrase what it said, in a nutshell: “We chose Brexit. I’m out of ideas on how to make it work the way I want. Send help.”
Anything could happen from here. It could be a bump in the road, or it could lead to the fall of the British government and/or economic chaos. These are all real, not remote possibilities.

How muck kangaroo steak can we trade to offset the final departure of manufacturing from the country?

Fantasy finally made contact with reality as the chequers waffle was utterly rejected by the EU, in the most stark display of solidarity, despite the efforts of out PM to divide and rule by backing fascism in Eastern Europe (a particular low).

The ERG are wearing no clothes, have been discredited and will be tarred and feathered in due course

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but I think this laughable panto taking place in the media is merely to mask whats going on behind closed doors, with close coordination between both the EU MS and the EU officials....

The hysterical posting by the brexiteers on this thread is simply delicious to behold.

Like other countries who's populations have suffered bouts of insanity throughout history, early 21C Britain will be studied and debated and most importantly, learned from for future generations.

A cautionary lesson on the dangers of lazy arrogance, xenophobia, jingoism, nostalgia and achievement by (Empire) temporal proxy.

To brexiteers I say, hush now and be accursed, no matter what happens next, your fantasy is about to come crashing down very shortly, one way or another :p:p:p

image.jpg

Even the Aussies, part of the much vaunted Anglosphere/Commonwealth trading area (Empire v2.0) are laughing at our folly.

Stripped of its R.E.S.P.E.C.T. rhetoric, British Prime Minister Theresa May’s extraordinary speech in 10 Downing St on Friday sounded suspiciously like the flutter of a white flag.
To paraphrase what it said, in a nutshell: “We chose Brexit. I’m out of ideas on how to make it work the way I want. Send help.”
Anything could happen from here. It could be a bump in the road, or it could lead to the fall of the British government and/or economic chaos. These are all real, not remote possibilities.

How muck kangaroo steak can we trade to offset the final departure of manufacturing from the country?
Were you decorating your spare room?

The Phoenix rises! :geek:

What strange interpretation of May's statement. Took an Aussie to put that spin on it.

Regardless of what does happen the EU as we know it is going to change massively when the UK leaves. I can't recall the exact details but the whole set up of a two tier EU revolves around voting blocs, Germany was always kept 'in charge' by having the backing of the rest of the 'upper tier' partners to vote down any proposal that the rest (Southern+ Eastern) members put forward they didn't like

Wit the UK leaving (with it's vital vote) that 'upper tier' voting bloc will be now be in the minority, Eastern member states will now be able to pass through financial schemes, spending plans etc etc and Germany et al will be able to do nothing about it.

The new EU is coming, it's going to be radically different. Get prepared for upheaval and chaos like you've never seen. Germany+co are going to get what they have been dishing out to Greece etc

2 million refugees and a radical EU-wide power shift in social, financial+economic strategy to Eastern/Southern Europe, it's going to be an interesting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.