Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm terrified that we will get a deal. That will be a slow death.
Cancel Brexit or a Hard Brexit.

With a hard Brexit life expectancy is 24days to 24 hours. then you can restart the UK.

With a Deal the UK will have decayed over months to nothing by the time the Brexit Loons realise the mess and admit reality.

?

We were so burdened that we led the G7 growth table......you're just off on a flight of fantasy. Trump's US is protectionist, China is protectionist, the way to get round this is to stop Agent Orange trashing the WTO.

When you can show us how you can replace our major trading partner easily you might have a point, not whilst you're still breathing is when it's going to happen.
Trumps trade policy is ‘don’t try and subsidise your industry. If you do we’ll make sure your subsidies can’t be used as a competitive advantage.’

Our major trading partner is the US?

I'm surprised that there has been no mention of the fact that, last week Japan had been granted an EU Free Trade deal with access to the Single Market, with no strings attached, usual rules apply re: conforming to quality, packaging and labelling etc.

Strange that I have heard no mention in MSM ?

If Japan can get the 'deal', why can't the UK (apart from the anglophobic negotiating team, most of the Commision and, shitloads of (B)Eurocrats)?
Of course the UK can get a deal. Who told you that we couldn't? Took five years to negotiate BTW.
1532348529691.png

"When you can show us how you can replace our major trading partner easily you might have a point, not whilst you're still breathing is when it's going to happen. "

Have these clowns not been reading any of the Brexit threads for the last 3 years?
What sort of a numpty thinks that we will have to 'replace' our major trading partner (I think she means the EU). This would mean that we won't be trading with the EU after Brexit, frankly a most stupid proposition but the staple thinking of the clowns that voted remain.....and they wonder why they are on ignore.
Did you not know. A lot of the Guardian readership seems to think that weMrr blowing up the channel tunnel, scuttling ships in Dover and mining the beaches.

They haven’t quite got their head around we’ll carry on trading.

Why? - remember all parties are fully aware there's no deal until everything is agreed - and even an arch-arch-arch Remainer like yourself surely wouldn't want HMG to pay £40Bn quid of UK taxpayers money in return for sweet fanny adam in return? Seriously, are you saying that because we are British we have to pay up no matter what? - that's the sort of thing Teresa May does but no other normal human being would agree to that. This is a perfectly acceptable negotiating tactic to use against an enemy force that is a. desperate for our money and b. doing the same thing to us over Ireland
Aren’t they previously agreed bills that we entered into before this farce. Pensions ongoing projects.

Having wrecked our reputation for diplomacy and pragmatism the next plan is to ruin our rep for honesty and doing the right thing.
That’s a brilliant start to a brave new Brexit.
Who wouldn’t want to be involved in that.

With a hard Brexit life expectancy is 24days to 24 hours. then you can restart the UK.

With a Deal the UK will have decayed over months to nothing by the time the Brexit Loons realise the mess and admit reality.

Err...

Talking about a disconnect with reality - looked in the mirror recently?

Zillions of countries live perfectly successfully without being members of the single market

Wordsmith

No mention? You need to go back a few pages. It's been mentioned quite a few times.

Plus all over the press, BBC etc.

Independent
BBC
And loads of others. Maybe you aren't looking or reading.
Of course UK could get the "deal", Just needs our team to turn up to the meetings now and again.

Mea culpa............I've been on holiday, in the Sunny EU (Lorraine), interesting conversation with a friend who is an organic farmer, highly pissed off with the EU subsidising crap farmers across the board, he won't take any subsidies because, the EU won't recognise that, his farm through generations, has never used artificial fertiliser/weed control etc. I can confirm his vegetables are 'ambrosia' and he puts it down to the 'terroir', it's the first time I've eaten freshly steamed potatoes with no seasoning at all (lots of).

Why isn't more being made of it, or is the thought of knocking of for the Summer too much for Parliament ?

Aren’t they previously agreed bills that we entered into before this farce. Pensions ongoing projects.

Having wrecked our reputation for diplomacy and pragmatism the next plan is to ruin our rep for honesty and doing the right thing.
No, that is about £4 bn - there are several articles about it if you want to look it up. The majority of the £39/40 bn is no more than a bribe incentive to the EU to get a trade deal in place.

Hunt was just reminding the EU that no trade deal means no bribe to be paid.

I would particularly say we’ve wr chef our reputation. Remember we’re dealing with unelected people who are acting like children.

Status
Not open for further replies.