Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so. The Majority of the UK Business don't want Brexit.
The Majority of the UK population don't want Brexit

(there was a vote a long time ago where people were duped and lied to but the majority was very small... less then 2% and all the votes since then have had way bigger swings)
Its a fair point, the polls say 20% of the populace are hard remainers and 35% are hard brexiteers. I personally think you would win a second referendum maybe 55-45% as the inbetweeners will have a more stark choice.

The problem with the remainer logic is once A50 is cancelled, does that put the country back together, what happens next ?

Got evidence for that, or are you still relying on the Guardian smear campaign?

I’ve yet to see how brexit relates to weakening NATO.

I know SACEUR made some half arsed statement about it but so did Obama, and we’ve since found out that Cameron asked Obama to make that statement.
It's about weakening Europe Andy.

NATO is the military part
The EU is the economic arm.

If you can't see that weakening the economic ties in Europe is a strategic aim of the Russians then there's no hope for you.

You are engaging in whataboutary in vintage @KGB_resident style

This time machine taking us back a couple of years has appeared again.
What about the future relationship, then?
Its a fair point, the polls say 20% of the populace are hard remainers and 35% are hard brexiteers. I personally think you would win a second referendum maybe 55-45% as the inbetweeners will have a more stark choice.

The problem with the remainer logic is once A50 is cancelled, does that put the country back together, what happens next ?
The leavers climb back in their box, realise that the problems we face are domestic in origin and the remainers graciously welcome them back into polite society.

Job done

I think there is much mischief that the Leave campaign can make on campaign funding.

The government propaganda leaflet for Remain was sent out 11-13 April 2016 to avoid the official start of the campaign on 15 April. Blatant fudging of election rules but allowed, apparently. The leaflet was not delivered in Scotland though until 9 May due to Scottish elections. This means the editions of the pamphlet delivered in Scotland should be included in Remain campaign returns, yet for some unexplained reason, it seems to hold the same spurious status as the ones issued in England a month earlier. Cameron making up the rules as he felt yet the "independent" body is chasing Brexit.

Mind you, that is probably why remain campaigners were not making that much of a big deal over the report, and letting Soubry do the shouting!

Talk about election shenanigans! :rolleyes:

It's about weakening Europe Andy.

NATO is the military part
The EU is the economic arm.

If you can't see that weakening the economic ties in Europe is a strategic aim of the Russians then there's no hope for you.

You are engaging in whataboutary in vintage @KGB_resident style
How can the EU claim to be the economic part of Europe? One, they are only part of the continent of Europe with some European countries not in the EU; two the EU don't even collect tax, the major element of political economics.

How can the EU claim to be the economic part of Europe? One, they are only part of the continent of Europe with some European countries not in the EU; two the EU don't even collect tax, the major element of political economics.
The EU has nothing to do with the European economy, in your view?

You don't 'alf talk pish. Maybe they are leaving as the work they have done has been trashed and undermined by the PM. Not a great leader.

Now that's some quality clutching at straws right there. It wasn't that long ago you were cheerleading her administration and shouting down any suggestions that we were on course for the current mess as traitorous lies spread by those who refused to accept the referendum result.

Now I get it, it hurts to admit you've been played, but at some point you'll have to accept that the people responsible for this mess are in fact responsible for it. And when every single person who wants Brexit and is involved in it can't see a way clear to deliver it - maybe, just maybe, it's time for a course of action that won't turn the economy into a smoking crater.

The problem with your logic is that you make statements, fail to back them up with a link and then go on button mashing trip. How long have you felt inadequate?

The solution?

Ask the people to solve the problem. As they and only they know what they want.

Could you just clarify this comment for me? Is it:

A. A meagre attempt at humour?

B. You advocate a second referendum and that the people should decide?

C. You advocate that our betters (presumably including yourself) should overturn the referendum result and lead us back into the EUtopian fold?

D. Something special that only you understand?

I'm betting that B. is probably a non-starter for you as you have been gobbing off for the best part of three years about the electorate being "mongs" and not worthy of their vote, so presumably not to be trusted with another vote?

Now that's some quality clutching at straws right there. It wasn't that long ago you were cheerleading her administration and shouting down any suggestions that we were on course for the current mess as traitorous lies spread by those who refused to accept the referendum result.

Now I get it, it hurts to admit you've been played, but at some point you'll have to accept that the people responsible for this mess are in fact responsible for it. And when every single person who wants Brexit and is involved in it can't see a way clear to deliver it - maybe, just maybe, it's time for a course of action that won't turn the economy into a smoking crater.
How’s you’re collection of tinned meats coming along

The problem with your logic is that you make statements, fail to back them up with a link and then go on button mashing trip. How long have you felt inadequate?
Funny I had the same thought about you, a perfect case study of short man syndrome.

Your posts always consist of one part recognition of another person's opinion and a second part an outright dig, which is always delivered with contempt. On the rare occasions you try to be constructive, its to merely cut and paste another person's opinion and pass it off as facts supporting your own non-existent opinions.

The EU has nothing to do with the European economy, in your view?
You were not saying "something to do with" you said they were the economic arm of Europe - they ain't and a major part of their economy is due to leave them soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.