Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remaine5 have address nothing during the process of exiting the EU other than to disrupt all government work in this area. Brexit is failing, if it is, not because of Brexiteers at all but through the machinations of Remainers.
"A big boy did it and ran away" is still pish.

The cabinet couldn't agree, have you worked out which ones were inflexible yet?

Six months old. I don't think things now resemble anything from six months ago. The dissembling by Remainers has disrupted almost out of recognition any work done then. Currently day to day seems to be the standard.
They resemble anything two years ago even less. Your logic's pish.

Ah, delicious irony. You mean wave little white flags like Boris and DD did when they realised the realities of Brexit?

Boris and DD didn't wave the white flag. They resigned from the cabinet because they realised May was trying to take the UK into a deal that would damage its long term interests.
DD had worked for months on a white paper that would avoid the problems you refer to - only for it to be given a stiff ignoring by May because she wanted to run away from the problems exposed in the document.

Now, like you, they are safely out of harms way, impotently rustling the pages of the Telegraph, happily leaving those of us who actually understand the realities to sort out this mess.

You're doing f-all to sort out the mess. People who whinge about problems rather than present solutions never achieve anything in the real world. I'd be far more impressed if you actually presented solutions in this thread rather than being in permanent whine mode.

You're a small man in a job much too big for him.

Wordsmith

Utter bollox.

As soon as May is forced to resign - which I suspect won't bee too long - people like Sajid Javid, BoJo and so on wil soon throw their hat into the ring.

Brexit is floundering because May is incompetent, not because there's anything insoluble in Brexit. Had we had a competent PM rather the current one, Brexit would be far, far further along.

Wordsmith

Sure she will champ. Any day now. No really. Just a few more days. Next week at the latest.

Remind me again, how long has this been going on?

Remaine5 have address nothing during the process of exiting the EU other than to disrupt all government work in this area. Brexit is failing, if it is, not because of Brexiteers at all but through the machinations of Remainers.

Keep telling yourself that, only it's not true. I'd also be curious as to why you were a cheerleader for the government as it failed to prepare, failed to spot this sabotage as it was happening, and shouted down anyone who told you it was happening?

It jus got a lot better

View attachment 342839
Smash_Instant_176__65650_zoom_lt8o-0c.jpg

You're doing f-all to sort out the mess. People who whinge about problems rather than present solutions never achieve anything in the real world. I'd be far more impressed if you actually presented solutions in this thread rather than being in permanent whine mode.

Wordsmith
Don't be mean. He's busy on here. Like a lot of posters who are at the pinnacle of their professions, spending all day telling ARRSE what's what. Muppets, the lot of them.

Six months old. I don't think things now resemble anything from six months ago. The dissembling by Remainers has disrupted almost out of recognition any work done then. Currently day to day seems to be the standard.
Usual response when presented with analysis

If I didn't know better I'd think you were an Australian, you've been doing some world class whining. Lets get this right, you think that those who warned about issues and didn't think it would all be easy are those who should fix the feck up you door stepped people to create?
You're a big gob with a brain far too small for you...

Of course... and they have told HMG we have a choice Eastern Europe or Coventry we can roll on either all you have to do is keep the Single Market and Customs Union for our supply chain.

This is why HMG is staggering towards hard brexit as the only brexit option.
The choice will be, 6 months time, HARD (cliff edge) BREXIT or cancel Brexit.

On a Hard Brexit Airbus, JLR, Nissan, Toyota, the Finace inthe City of London WILL leave the UK.
With their jobs on the line there will be more than a 2% swing inthe electorate.

Seriously I think that is the game the PM is playing. Screw up Brexit by inactivity and Tory in fighting so there is no way HMG can do even a halfway decent negotiated Brexit. As long as she can keep this mess rolling along September - December the only option will be to cancel Brexit as a hard brexit will kill the UK.

The UK will not be able to deals with anyone after a hard brexit. the reason is "The UK" does not do deals it is businesses that do deals and the big ones who pay the taxes and employ people who pay taxes wil be getting out not doing trade deals after a hard Brexit.

With the EU "warning" the other twenty-seven member states today that they should prepare themselves for a no-deal Brexit I can't help but read that as, "Whatever they offer us we'll reject. There must be no deal else the rest of you might get ideas about canvassing your electorate on whether to stay or go, too - and such democratic action just will not do."

I also suspect that, if we changed out minds and withdrew the Art.50 notice, the EU would say, "For us, serving the notice was the point you left, notwithstanding the negotiation period, and even though you've cancelled it the only way you can remain is to effectively be treated as a new member applicant. Please sign here, here and initial here to adopt the € and Schengen on your way back into the fold."

And it's that cynical distrust of the whole rotten edifice that drove me to vote out. Nothing to do with immigration, race or any other of that label-bollix remainers, the Left and that belter James O'Brien insist lurks inside every leave voter like an insidious infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.