Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just so we’re clear, you believe EU members won’t hurt themselves economically for the sake of politics, but you believe the U.K. will?

Both sides are headed for economic turbulence. And both sides will semi-permanently lose part of their export markets as consumers find alternative sources of supply.

This - to follow on on the German car example - will result in German cars being replaced in the UK market by US imports and domestic production of Japanese models. If imports of German cars resume, the German car makers will take years to recover their market share - and in all probability will never recover all of it.

The UK might lose passporting rights for some financial services, losing access to the European market, although financial industry experts have been flagging that the sudden loss of liquidity might put a strain on European banks.

Wordsmith

Both sides are headed for economic turbulence. And both sides will semi-permanently lose part of their export markets as consumers find alternative sources of supply.

This - to follow on on the German car example - will result in German cars being replaced in the UK market by US imports and domestic production of Japanese models. If imports of German cars resume, the German car makers will take years to recover their market share - and in all probability will never recover all of it.

The UK might lose passporting rights for some financial services, losing access to the European market, although financial industry experts have been flagging that the sudden loss of liquidity might put a strain on European banks.

Wordsmith

You could have just said “Yes” you know ^^

At your advanced age, it’s wise to keep an eye out for small semantic errors such as these.
Small, semantic? An error is an error. A failure. Let us assume, for one laughable moment, that you had to write out some instructions. Have you got enough money to pay off anyone who successfully sues you for negligence/incompetence?

So, it's pretty clear that there are no benefits to brexit for the UK.

When the lies are stripped away, all that's left are xenophobia, exceptionalism and irrational hatred of the EU

Excuse me but my hatred of the Eu is entirely rational. I consider it to be undemocratic. Amongst a load of other things.

The main benefit of Brexit is that it is what the majority of those who could be bothered actually voted for, plain and simple.

There are very substantial infrastructure improvements being made on the roads to the cross channel crossing points on the European side of the Channel. Numbers of large truck stops are being built inland and routes marked for inspection stops.
Whilst 'remain' seem to believe 'nothing will change' next year, the French and Belgians it would seem are not of that opinion.

A sentiment echoed by the Chairman of PSA.

If we crash out of the EU without in March next year, I'm happy to bet £50 (if it's worth the paper it's written on) to the service charity of choice we'll be begging to rejoin within a year.

We wont crash out. Even if we do I am on.

Who's going to hold my £50?

People didn't vote deliberately to be poorer when voting for New Labour.

People slag them off nearly a decade after leaving office.

Every study predicts brexit will make the UK poorer. Add friction and bin all current trade deals by leaving the EU it's not rocket science to predict the outcome.

I just posted the impact on 900k automotive jobs.

Do you think many of them will think it's worth it for constitutional reasons if they end up on the dole.

I say again, most people simply want to get on.

There's no brexit dividend. Only more austerity, or possibly a Corbyn premiership making things even worse.

The brexit voting areas who've been left behind are shooting themselves in the foot.

Negative Brexit forecasts revealed

Parts of the UK that backed a Leave vote would face the heaviest hit as a result of Brexit, according to estimates by government officials.

We had negative predictions before the vote, yet people still voted out.

As yourself why that might be.

END OF MERKEL would trigger 'uncontrollable' EU-wide break-up: Europe fears 'nightmare'

THE biggest threat to the EU is the imminent collapse of Angela Merkel's fragile coalition, which would lead to a Europe-wide breakup "in an uncontrollable way" according to a leading left-wing and pro-EU commentator.

PUBLISHED: By Oli Smith, EXPRESS.CO.UK, on Monday 18 June 2018.
Merkel-under-pressure-Government-collapse-could-trigger-rise-of-right-975522.jpg

END OF MERKEL would trigger 'uncontrollable' EU-wide break-up: Europe fears 'nightmare'
On the principle, that the more times I post the following, the better the chance that it might be noticed by those nice people in Whitehall who monitor this thread ;)

It may be appropriate to repeat the contents of an earlier post . . .

It is to be hoped that someone within our BREXIT team, is pencilling-in the idea of a purely economic, simply-for-trade, "Northern Economic Community" (NEC).

We can/have always worked well with the three Scandinavian countries, to which should be included Finland - now that it has (been allowed to) find/found its "own voice".

The "Visegrad Four", will be as disillusioned as anyone, finding themselves part of "The EuroSSR". Not quite what they expected after the SSSR.

It will probably be a minority suggestion, but purely on the grounds of practical, defence viability, the three Baltic States would add/complete, a geographical, coherent, whole, virtually surrounding the North Sea and the Baltic Sea.

With the remaining southern states/north Mediterranean countries; and, the three BeNeLux countries; faced with the only alternative of the Franco-German axis, it would be interesting to speculate to which group they would then all gravitate.

We ALL stay within NATO . . . obviously!

I just read that, which makes me think
You didn’t...

A/ all the options proposed require checkpoints

B/ all the examples cited have checkpoints

C/ there is no mention at all of the GFA

D/ it is NOT the EU’s own study. It is a briefing paper exploring options. As the disclaimer makes clear

45c650865fce24055999296767ed62ea.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.