Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we import more from the EU than we export to it, it's just possible that the pain inflicted on EU countries will be even greater than the pain inflicted on the EU.

The UK (for example), is a major export market for German cars. Should those exports be held up and jobs be lost in Germany as a result, I suspect questions would be asked of the German government as to why.

Wordsmith

The German car industry myth? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardware can be a problem. The tendency for any large project is to spec the minimum that is thought will allow reasonable performance. The system runs fine when it starts up, but as it comes under increasing load it starts to slow to a crawl. Theoretically speaking, that's not a problem with the cloud - you can spin up more virtual servers. But you still have to have the hardware to spin up the virtual servers from.

I don't know what HMG does about the cloud. I would hope it runs it's own private cloud and doesn't depend on commercial ones. If so, cost cutting doesn't pay. Adding 25% more hardware so you have more virtual servers to spin up at need would not add a lot to project costs. Lets hope someone had the sense to do that.

As to going to Fujitsu, best go to a big software company such as Oracle, IBM or SAP. It'll cost more, but they understand far more about the software. (And in the case of companies like Oracle who generally won't disclose the source code, there's a far better chance bugs will get sorted out).

Wordsmith
You're demonstrating how much of a Scooby you don't have again. If you weren't such a geet Jessie I'd point you in the direction of G-Cloud.

Fujitsu are involved in G-Cloud bit time and have provided services since it started. It isn't best to go to a big software company, unless you're willing to employ the support staff needed. Which UKgov isn't. So a service provider it is then.

Oracle are well known for effing over the USAF for $1 billion. Way to to go Cletus.

The German car industry myth? Really?

Some myth.

About 1 in 7 German cars are sold in the UK
About one in seven cars made in Germany are sold in Britain. It is true that more German cars are exported to the UK than anywhere else.

Our trade deficit with the EU in goods and services with the EU is about £70 billion. (Same reference link as above). As such, the EU will be hurt slightly worse than the UK by an interruption in trade.

Wordsmith

(Formatting problem sorted)

Last edited:
Some myth.

Our trade deficit with the EU in goods and services with the EU is about £70 billion. (Same reference link as above). As such, the EU will be hurt slightly worse than the UK by an interruption in trade.

Wordsmith
[/QUOTE]

They are bigger . They can spread the pain wider. To say they will be hurt slightly worse is wishful thinking

If the German car industry we’re going to ride to the rescue, don’t you think they would have done so by now?

Some myth.

Wordsmith
[/QUOTE]

So just so we’re clear, you believe EU members won’t hurt themselves economically for the sake of politics, but you believe the U.K. will?

Alright. ^^

No transition period for a ‘no deal **** the EU’ scenario

Yes, but we know that if no deal looks likely, DExEU is aiming for “emergency deals” on aviation, nuclear power and Customs to avoid the worst of it.

If this comes to pass, the EU will happily add extra € onto the price tag for this acccess, this will offset the costs to them for No Deal.

So No Deal comes at a price and doesn’t remove us from the EU, hence why DExEU are trying everything to avoid it.

You stupid prick. The pubs are open all day. All that Maid Marion Arts nonsense seems to have done your brain in. I use the term "brain" in the loosest possible way.

Must be sad to have reached an advanced age such as yours only to realise you wasted your life.

Never mind - take comfort you’ll be more useful as fertiliser than you were as a ”living”, breathing, human.

Last edited:
Some myth.

Wordsmith

(Formatting problem sorted)

Toyota is the worlds 2nd largest car maker, yet it sold only 85,000 cars in Germany in 2017.
By comparison, Toyota sold some 125,000 cars in the UK in 2017.
Honda car sales in Germany in 2017 were a mere 20,000, compared to 54,000 in the UK.

The reality of the EU car maker is with the exception of the UK, its very parochial. Germans buy German cars, French buy French cars and so forth. Any reduction in German car sales in the UK can be made up by domestic Japanese makers and Hyundai, the 'mass market' far eastern brand.

Must be said to have reached an advanced age such as yours only to realise you wasted your life.

Never mind - take comfort you’ll be more useful as fertiliser than you were as a ”living”, breathing, human.
Indeed, I'm very said. Now, this brain damage of yours..

Status
Not open for further replies.