Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell us @Baglock @s***tingInABag @Finsternis , how much use will the EU's Galileo programme be without the two vital to its operation UK ground stations in the South Atlantic?

There might be the occasional sat nav problem....

1524647907639.png

Wordsmith :smile:

IDS on sky news at the mo. So it’s not a Customs Union. It’s a ‘Trade Arrangement’ and turning a blind eye to the Irish Border.
You couldn’t make this up.
It’s too complicated, we’ll just ignore it. This could be a real hoot and turn the entire island into a Wild West for trade.

Deliberately wrecking the project as we don't like the consequences of our decision to leave, what could possibly go wrong ?

Apart from contracts leaving the UK of course, shortly followed by engineers who'd rather be employed in the EU than unemployed in the UK. Which is of course now starting to happen.

And design our own system, just as good, but cheaper? Why didn't they just add "with blackjack and hookers" after it, be just as realistic. It can be done of course, just not at a cost anyone will be happy with. Still, I'm sure the usual suspects will be happy to take a few hundred million off your hands to produce a study stating the bleeding obvious. Or we can pay the US a few billion to stick a teeny tiny Union Flag somewhere on the GPS system.

And finally if we keep wrecking ESA projects we're not going to last long before we get thrown out. This is nonsense on stilts.
You seem to have a real hard on over people having a hissy fit and moving to Europe.

Tell me again, what’s the likely hood of people up rooting from family and friends to live abroad to work?

Theres some that move around, but not many.

IDS on sky news at the mo. So it’s not a Customs Union. It’s a ‘Trade Arrangement’ and turning a blind eye to the Irish Border.
It’s too complicated, we’ll just ignore it. This could be a real hoot and turn the entire island into a Wild West for trade.

Worked from 1922

Didn’t you win the site penis of the year award?

Put the twunt on ignore. It means you don't have to read his wibble and reduces the chances of the smiting hammer being deployed.

The price you have to pay is that s***inginabaglock probably accounts for 75% of the negative ratings I've received, but you cannot conceive the immensity of the f**ks I don't give a about that.

Wordsmith

Put the twunt on ignore. It means you don't have to read his wibble and reduces the chances of the smiting hammer being deployed.

The price you have to pay is that s***inginabaglock probably accounts for 75% of the negative ratings I've received, but you cannot conceive the immensity of the f**ks I don't give a about that.

Wordsmith
Quick question. If we stay in the customs union, do we stay in the EU common VAT area by default?

Quick question. If we stay in the customs union, do we stay in the EU common VAT area by default?

It would depend on the exact terms. Without checking, I suspect the answer is yes.

The EU is desperate to keep us in the customs union because it would leave us enmeshed in EU red tape and unable to set our own tax rates and bin superfluous EU laws. Given that JRM has called any such decision 'cretinous', and as he speaks for 60 MP's, May has been put on notice that staying in the customs union is not acceptable to a significant part of the Tory party. She would only get it though the Commons with the aid of Labour. That would trigger a leadership challenge, May's fall and a new GE.

I don't think May is that stupid.

Wordsmith

Yup. Cows and sheep will still cross the border on search of pastures green. Yippeekaihay mofo, no change there then, at all, at all, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.