Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron who led the remain campaign chose to instruct the civil service to not bother planning for a leave vote.
And all of people who had spent decades working for this didn't have a plan.

And haven't managed to agree one in nearly two years.

And accuse anyone who doesn't clap and admire the emperor's new clothes as being anti British, traitors, working against the will of the people and god knows what.

But let's keep on referring back to Cameron, Blair and whoever else isn't in a position to do anything in regards of progressing Brexit eh?

My post clearly referenced the 'trading partnership' between Germany and the Baltics, Greece and the SE member states.

That Germany imports shit loads from us is of little relevance to the vendor - customer relationship they have with others, and misrepresented on that map.

Germany have always tried to make amends by way of trade to boost their national standing, It helps compensate for the fact that their only chunk of Empire was a chicken farm in West Africa, and a brewery in China.

The argument against it is "Make America Great Again."

NO, I thing you misunderstand international trade. Making the UK a tariff free Freeport would return it to being a trading nation, importing and then exporting goods.

Other nations may well impose their own tariffs, most do, but it does not affect the trade advantages of Freeport UK.

The usual problems with a Freeport are:

1. Reduced revenue due to loss of tariff income.
2. Increased consumption of imported goods due to reduced costs.

An increased VAT would both replace this revenue and control discretionary spending.

And it gives the EU a massive problem because of that Irish border.

Why would anyone vote for a corrupt EU. That’s a bit like voting for a bent police and crime commissioner. (By bent, I’m thinking dishonest)
Calling someone a crook has become more socially acceptable than calling them a poof eh?

Do I take it then, that the EU actually wants to retain control by forcing UK into some "customs union" that inhibits UKs freedom of manoeuvre, keeps the shekels rolling in, and protects against the very real prospect of UK undercutting the EU on a whole range of issues?

Interesting that this issue comes up as the hands in the socks push the HOC and HOL useful idiots towards meaningless (in the sense that it is not for UK to decide unilaterally) but damaging debate on the whole issue. Looks like a coordinated effort by those with vested interests and those who despise democracy to me.

Excellent. Reasons enough to tell them to bog off.
I thought the whole point was to take (back) control of our borders. So yes, you are correct, we should tell them to get back in their box. NI/Eire is an internationally accepted border between two sovereign nations, the UK and the Republic of Ireland - as defined by the UN. If the IRA by whatever name are going to go back to war because a few trucks are getting stopped and searched they will be seen as a pretty feeble bunch....unless, of course, the GFA was secretly defined by Westminster as a geographical reunification.

I hope you are not really expecting an answer to your question from Remainers, they see their role as questioners, not suppliers of answers and solutions. One of the main reason they will never win - they offer nothing.
Not only do they offer nothing, they want everything and that was part of the pre-referendum problem - greedy bar stewards.

NO, I thing you misunderstand international trade. Making the UK a tariff free Freeport would return it to being a trading nation, importing and then exporting goods.

Other nations may well impose their own tariffs, most do, but it does not affect the trade advantages of Freeport UK.

The usual problems with a Freeport are:

1. Reduced revenue due to loss of tariff income.
2. Increased consumption of imported goods due to reduced costs.

An increased VAT would both replace this revenue and control discretionary spending.

And it gives the EU a massive problem because of that Irish border.
Firstly VAT needs to be changed or redefined so that large elements collected don't get claimed by Brussels.

Secondly is selling this to the electorate. Saying tariff-free goods are cheaper but we will increase the tax on purchasing those goods will hit the punter's pockets, especially as increased purchase tax will increase the cost of home grown/produced goods. The balance has to be right for the punter or you will soon be out of office!

And all of people who had spent decades working for this didn't have a plan.

And haven't managed to agree one in nearly two years.

And accuse anyone who doesn't clap and admire the emperor's new clothes as being anti British, traitors, working against the will of the people and god knows what.

But let's keep on referring back to Cameron, Blair and whoever else isn't in a position to do anything in regards of progressing Brexit eh?
Let's not forget that those who you claim have not agreed a plan of action in two years have had to spend a huge amount of time fighting off the spurious, but time consuming efforts of the anti British, traitors working against the will of the People known as Remainiacs/Remoaners/ Remain. A brilliant job, on behalf of the EU, against the result of the referendum, by so-called British supporters, represented by Gina Miller who prides in her Guyanese nationality and funded by the likes of George Soros, that well known non-Briton!

I wonder if any other country would permit such attempts at the erosion of sovereignty that this group get away with in Britain?

Status
Not open for further replies.