Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have heard it all now.

Brexit even got a mention in "Homeland"

(The Russkies did it according to the National Security Adviser)

I see from the thread however that there has been the sounds of hoofbeats on the ground...

@AfghanAndy I refuse to believe that you are so dense that you can't connect the Japanese car companies and the Japanese government warning about the negative consequences of leaving the SM CU with, well the negative consequences of leaving these Frameworks.

It's unfathomable that anyone can be this dense.

I suggest that like @Tired_Tech @Auld-Yin @Wordsmith @Truxx @LeoRoverman and many others you've finally reached peak denial.

Peak denial? Have a word with yourself.

haven't the Japanese ploughed lots of money in to several UK sites recently? They'll find a way to make it work for them I'm sure. They're not daft. Unlike your average frothing remainer.

Yes, and they've also got the EU to finally drop their 10% duty on imported Japanese cars.

Wut? The Japanese build gazillions of cars in the UK and its now not going to have EU tariffs slapped on Japanese cars made in the UK post Brexit?

@AfghanAndy I refuse to believe that you are so dense that you can't connect the Japanese car companies and the Japanese government warning about the negative consequences of leaving the SM CU with, well the negative consequences of leaving these Frameworks.

It's unfathomable that anyone can be this dense.

I suggest that like @Tired_Tech @Auld-Yin @Wordsmith @Truxx @LeoRoverman and many others you've finally reached peak denial.
Strong the irony is in Baggie!

Wordsmith's argument the other day that nothing much would change for a decade was a masterpiece of back-pedalling.

Wordsmith didn't say that at all.

What Wordsworth said was that the process of executing change was best executed over a decade to avoid unnecessarily ruffling feathers in Brussels and to avoid too rapid change impacting on the UK economy. After a decade of slow but progressive change, I would expect that there will be substantial divergences between the EU and the UK.

If you are going to quote me, then please quote the pertinent post. Then everyone reading the post will know what I actually said rather than what you think I said.

Wordsmith

You mean, something which equated to a huge sigh of relief, socially and enonomically.
Absoluely.
what you really mean that had remain won-it would have been purely academic. And why would the sigh of relief have been socially? Economically I can understand.......but socially?

Oh Mods is there something that can be done for Baglock- therapy or some such? he contributes nothing of any substance. I wouldn't normally ask. Unfortunately ignore doesn't block buttons

Major, Blair, Clegg et al have all made it perfectly clear of the desire of a 2nd referendum as they can’t handle the result, so much so for making speeches to this affect.
One wouldn't mind but Blair and Clegg haven't been elected. Blair has as much credibility as a flea and Clegg is obviously going through his wilderness years

Best case scenario for the EU is naked self interest will see the well off northern Euros throw the piigs and weak eastern states under a passing financial short bus and the form an EU Mk2

Ain't going to happen for a multitude of reasons. I'll discuss just two.

1. Germany is going to resist any change that will impact on its lucrative export led economy. If the Euro North goes up by 10% - 15% in value (a likely scenario) its exports will fall by a half.

2. Currency speculators will have a field day. Euro North is going to go up in value and Euro South is going to fall in value. Fortunes will be made by the George Soros's of this world, while the economies of all the eurozone countries suffer major economic turbulence.

The only solution for the euro is a 'United States of Europe' and central control of the economies of the member states. For reasons that have been exhaustively discussed, that's a political impossibility.

All the member states of the euro can do is sit like a rabbit in the headlights and wait for the next recession to come along. The timing of the recession can't be predicted, but the effect can - significantly greater strain on the euro thn in the Lehman crash.

Wordsmith

what you really mean that had remain won-it would have been purely academic. And why would the sigh of relief have been socially? Economically I can understand.......but socially?

Oh Mods is there something that can be done for Baglock- therapy or some such? he contributes nothing of any substance. I wouldn't normally ask. Unfortunately ignore doesn't block buttons
You need to be cautious about which Mods you contact as at least two of them have caught "the Baggie" ! :eek:

Major, Blair, Clegg et al have all made it perfectly clear of the desire of a 2nd referendum as they can’t handle the result, so much so for making speeches to this affect.
One wouldn't mind but Blair and Clegg haven't been elected. Blair has as much credibility as a flea and Clegg is obviously going through his wilderness years

I for one maybe expect further (reminder) speeches around October time, and again just prior to March 2019.

Along with of course, another legal challenge too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I for one maybe expect further (reminder) speeches around October time, and again just prior to March 2019.

I'm sure one of the motives for Blair is that his interventions keep his name in the headlines, hence assisting his 'consultancy' business.

The Cleggster has always being an ardent European and thus I consider less opportunistic than Blair - at least he's acting on what's always been his core beliefs.

Wordsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.