Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention Call Me Dave stating that the referendum was a one-off and if we voted for Brexit, there would not be a second referendum to give an opportunity to reverse the first vote. Out meant out....

Someone should tattoo that on Gina Miller's forehead so she's reminded of it every morning when she looks in the mirror.

Wordsmith

With a hammer.

I don't know about youse, but the things that disturbs me most about the so-called "negotitations" with the EU is that the UK politicians in general seem far more (if not exclusively) interested in scoring cheap points against the alleged "political oppositon" than seriously putting their minds to thrashing out any sort of positive agreement that's of the utmost importance to the country's future.

MsG

I don't know about youse, but the things that disturbs me most about the so-called "negotitations" with the EU is that the UK politicians in general seem far more (if not exclusively) interested in scoring cheap points against the alleged "political oppositon" than seriously putting their minds to thrashing out any sort of positive agreement that's of the utmost importance to the country's future.

MsG
Couldn't agree more.

This is about the conservative party putting party and personal ambitions before country.

Haven't read it yet. I may not. Been bizzying today. You should try it sometime, do things and stuff. Give yourself a raison d'etre. Will you spend the rest of your life wibbling on here, skipping through the daisys with @Baglock? I'm sad for you.

I'm equally sad for you too. The world appears to be passing you by.

Do you have anything of relevance to offer?

^ Ever tried English lessons?
Ever tried presenting actual sensible arguments about the subject of the thread, instead of posts that you pathetically hope will raise your profile with the ARRSE vermin and present you as being "wonnademm"?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

You know the (in the meantime, really tiresome) score: "Hey! Lookamee, lads! I criticised him too!"

MsG

See we're all going to die of cancer after we leave the EU.

David Davis dismisses 'dystopian' Brexit theory as Brussels starts new Project Fear with cancer warning

As I've said all along, the EU is cr*pping itself at the possibility of a low tax/low regulation UK . That will (longer term) result in UK firms prospering at the expense of the more taxed and regulated EU firms. It will also result in pressure from those firms for the EU to cut back on tax and regulation - which means less Brussels.

Note that cutting back on regulation does not mean binning them - it means getting rid of the gold plating so that what is left is the minimum required to do the job eficiently.

Companies that spend less money on conforming to unnecessary regulations make more profits and can invest more money in updating their equipment/staff's skill sets.

Wordsmith
You'll be able to give us a big list of the unnecessary legislation of course?

I bet top of the list is this badger.

The Anti Tax Avoidance Directive - Taxation and Customs Union - European Commission

You are Dan Hannan and I claim my thruppeny bit.

Maybe this is a sign that Brexit is starting to be accepted and we are moving towards some support for the UK rather than the constant UK bashing by much of the media. A change of tone is very welcome.

Just a note on the stance of the Times, from the Huff Post at the time of the referendum.

I think my call that the Times has supported Remain is sound and the seeming change of heart welcomed.

It’s not a change of heart, it’s the same line that her. Parris and Finkelstein are paid to do. They’re paid to comentate, provide a commentary. If the boss wants a particular line followed, he’d tell someone or write it himself.

I’m sure they know what he thinks, I doubt that he ‘s one bit shy about letting others know his opinion or what it is.

See the EU taking an axe to Irelands cozy tax relationship with multinationals.

Only Luxembourg it seems will be allowed to be the EU's tax haven
You'll have a link for the last bit?

pof.JPG

You'll be able to give us a big list of the unnecessary legislation of course?

I bet top of the list is this badger.

The Anti Tax Avoidance Directive - Taxation and Customs Union - European Commission

You are Dan Hannan and I claim my thruppeny bit.
I've no idea what a "thropenny bit" is, but you must be really deluded if you believe that such "legislation" is going to make any difference whatsoever.

Just like the comical, and largely useless, UK tax laws aimed at "preventing" avoidance, it was drawn up in "very close consultation" with the big international concerns and tax constultancy companies. In other words; there'll be no change! Get wise, fella!

MsG

Status
Not open for further replies.