Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You do realise the difference between actual money we pay out and a GDP figure don't you? Notwithstanding it's an estimate as well, pfft.
Baggie...realise the difference..notwithstanding.....

You do realise whom you are trying to communicate with, yes? ;)

Baggie...realise the difference..notwithstanding.....

You do realise whom you are trying to communicate with, yes? ;)
Given as @Baglock is so pro-EU, it would make sense to nominate him as the UK's final European Commissioner. Think of the carnage he'd cause in Brussels*.

Wordsmith

* On second thoughts, maybe not. The EU would accuse us of unleashing a weapon of mass incomprehension destruction on them.

I will see your Pristina and raise you Durres.
Ouch - that's a bit harsh . . . and so soon in the game as well!!

A businessman thinking positively about Brexit.

Steel entrepreneur Sanjeev Gupta to launch 'post-Brexit' bank for industry
Steel entrepreneur Sanjeev Gupta plans to launch a “post-Brexit bank” that will help the industrial sector expand into developing economies as Britain leaves the EU. Mr Gupta’s GFG Alliance group has agreed to buy the UK arm of Nigeria’s Diamond Bank, which will be renamed British Commonwealth Trade Bank (BCTB).

The new business - which will apply for a UK deposit-taking licence - will focus on providing finance to industrial supply chain businesses as they take up the Government’s challenge to build trade with new markets following Brexit.
There's someone who'll flourish after Brexit - he's seen an opportunity and is going after it. The more businesses that develop that mindset, the more successful UK PLC will be.

Wordsmith

The NHS will need to find staff anywhere it can now the EU nurses and other staff are going home and not being replaced.
The NHS
Studiously being ignored here.....

Let me put it this way, so you can all understand just how ducking stupid you are looking:

Brexit means a 2% drop in the UK economy, and a 13 billion a year windfall. And the UK will crash and burn.

Brexit means a 5% drop in the EU economy and a 13 billion deficit, and they are into a golden era of free cakes and lemonade.

If its not that hard please tell me why.....
brexit doesn’t mean a 2% drop in the economy. It means a 2% drop in GDP growth.

Example. If we stay, gdp growth would be 2%. When we leave. GDP growth rate would be 1.99%

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I was beginning to think that no one understood my point.
The press only seem interested in playing it down and being very pessimistic about the UK going forward. It's about time we held our heads high and got on with the task in hand.
They're so negative...ever thought why?

India has a vast pool of untapped English speaking labour.
Won't put the frothing racists who wanted an end to immigration back in their boxes, will it?

Why are nurses from India more acceptable than Europeans?

Are the Indians trained to as high a standard?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Won't put the frothing racists who wanted an end to immigration back in their boxes, will it?

Indians appear to want to come here and work. It appears that continental Europeans less so!

Yes, India has a high standard of medical teaching.
You can blame the Gorrah sahibs for that. They set up a country wide medical teaching infrastructure starting in the 1800's.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453