Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Comedy bad guy enters stage left.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s a good job the other Eu states have ‘been putting Barnier back in his box’ otherwise he would be out there really embarrassing us.
I take it that’s Mays ‘gold plated financial deal’ getting noisily scuttled.
Yet we were getting on so well and it’s not like we’ve another tranche of fishing grounds to bribe them with.

I wonder what they ‘arent getting or we aren’t giving them’ next?

It’s a good job the other Eu states have ‘been putting Barnier back in his box’ otherwise he would be out there really embarrassing us.
I take it that’s Mays ‘gold plated financial deal’ getting noisily scuttled.
Yet we were getting on so well and it’s not like we’ve another tranche of fishing grounds to bribe them with.

I wonder what they ‘arent getting or we aren’t giving them’ next?
It's almost like some folk don't realise that Barnier is acting on the orders of the remaining MS. Still it makes him a convenient pantomime villain

Yep, that's why they have no control of their criminal/terrorist problems, ain't looking and can't control them. Why don't we send our prisoners back to the schengen zone? I hear you cry. Because they'll be back in a trice with a different identity. Yup do carry on.
See your doctor. Seriously.

It seems you see very little.

Brexit is being neutralised. It will take some longer than others to realise.
You must feel quite secure, having two comfort blankets.

Earlier today I posted an Oxford economic study which showed the uk taking 2 % reduction in its economy and the EU taking a 4.7% reduction in theirs.

That combined with one of its three net contributors leaving and a 13 billion hole in the budget would suggest to me that the skid mark rating in the higher echelons of the EU has risen in recent months.

Others may disagree.

Edit. Why when I post factual stuff like this, from respected economics institutes, is there s deafening silence from some quarters?

Does everyone agree about the fact the the EU is going to take a msssive financial smack in the mouth - or are people not believing it, or just ignoring reality.

Do you think s trading bloc can take a 5% hit, lose 13 billion in income, and Lok some punch drunk heavyweight stagger around the ring?

And here is the shit end of the stick. With Trump shouting about trade protectionism, aPutin intent on retaking the world and China staggering all over the place, yo can reasonably predict (note this well Skid2) that the world economy will take a frightful dip within the next 3-5 years.

And when the happens all hell will break lose everywhere - UK included, but the result for the EU will be devastating.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I was beginning to think that no one understood my point.
The press only seem interested in playing it down and being very pessimistic about the UK going forward. It's about time we held our heads high and got on with the task in hand.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What a good article, although I feel there are some on here who would disagree. That sums up my thoughts on M Barnier very well and also (reading between the lines which seems soooo important to some Remainers) it explains the methods Barnier has been using and which have been shot down when placed before the Council of Europe.

I almost get the imprtession that the Council of Europe are quite happy to have Barnier doing this job as it keeps him away from the workings of the EU!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453