Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Now your'e putting words in my mouth. How can we renationalise what we haven't got? Motor industry dead, Rail Industry largely foreign owned. Aerospace a bit of. And I have never agreed with Nationalisation all that does is recycle money to those who've already got it. We're having another industrial revolution and electronicary, much more renewables, high value manufacturing with a very much better paid and smaller higher trained workforce is the order of the day, not low paid imports. I know it goes against the British mentality since the 14th century is dead. Did you watch the news Business has said it's going to change from single use plastics, have you any idea of how much money that will put into Rand D. Lobby had better start thinking coming home and getting a better deal here. You do want to get out more and see what's going on

‘Better paid and smaller higher trained workforce. Not low paid imports’. That’ll be a first in the U.K.. who are we going to sell this high quality stuff (what stuff) to?

We’re going to need all the low priced imports we can get, having lost so much money doing Brexit. The price of food and power, low priced imports are all the populace are going to be able to afford.

What about those too old or who can’t or won’t join this ‘better paid, higher trained workforce ‘.
What do they do?
Become the lower paid untrained workforce, picking the difficult fruit the robots can’t get to. For those who can’t pick fruit or do agricultural work there’s always the care homes.

Excuse the cynicism. I’ve already heard Wilsons white heat of technology speech.
And subsequent derivatives.

In fact the only famous political line or idiom which hasn’t been regurgitated and replayed has been Enoch Powell’s.

It kin well amazes me that I keep posting fact after fact, and it’s like I am on ignore, and all I read is pointless and unsubstantiated rhetoric.

You can sure as hell judge some people on this thread.

Someone, ANYONE, ffs, comment on that Oxford study. Cos I think it means the EU Is ####ed .

Does anyone here think they can withstand a 5% drop in the economy, a crisis confidence as one of the three donor nations says goodbye, and the loss of 13 million?

Come on lads, drop the bullshit and ORs club scary stories, you are dealing with rational adults not recruits.

How the fukc is the EU going to survive, and if you tell me it will then spot your financial analysis. And if you do, I will post mine,

Excuse the cynicism. I’ve already heard Wilsons white heat of technology speech.
And subsequent derivatives.
yers I went to one of his flagship schools god rot the bugger, but you really are defeatist. People are still buying product the promissed recession hasn't happened, the pound is holding up
We’re going to need all the low priced imports we can get, having lost so much money doing Brexit. The price of food and power, low priced imports are all the populace are going to be able to afford.
no we're not, there's a gap and it can be filled and that could mean that low cost imports aren't needed to the same extent. God give me strength.

Studiously being ignored here.....

Let me put it this way, so you can all understand just how ducking stupid you are looking:

Brexit means a 2% drop in the UK economy, and a 13 billion a year windfall. And the UK will crash and burn.

Brexit means a 5% drop in the EU economy and a 13 billion deficit, and they are into a golden era of free cakes and lemonade.

If its not that hard please tell me why.....

The NHS will need to find staff anywhere it can now the EU nurses and other staff are going home and not being replaced.
The population of the UK has increased by millions in the last decade. You really think that there will be a shortage of labour in the UK? The media is full of stories about automation destroying jobs and the challenge of finding employment for those displaced.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
yers I went to one of his flagship schools god rot the bugger, but you really are defeatist. People are still buying product the promissed recession hasn't happened, the pound is holding up

no we're not, there's a gap and it can be filled and that could mean that low cost imports aren't needed to the same extent. God give me strength.
Defeatist nothing. It’s been pointed out time and again what we can do without blaming the Eu for our inaction.

History lessons we don’t need. Seen it all before.
We well know what we’re capable of, but why on earth did we wait until we’d shot ourselves in the foot with Brexit to do it.

Repeat 1 ( I can automate this posting script if I want)

Let me put it this way, so you can all understand just how ducking stupid you are looking:

Brexit means a 2% drop in the UK economy, and a 13 billion a year windfall. And the UK will crash and burn.

Brexit means a 5% drop in the EU economy and a 13 billion deficit, and they are into a golden era of free cakes and lemonade.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Repeat 1 ( I can automate this posting script if I want)

The urban definition of insanity which could possibly be applied here
"The definition of insanity, is, doing the exact same ******* thing over and over again, expecting shit to change."

You are asking Remainers to actually defend the indefensible. They have not changed since the referendum so I don't see it happening now!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

It’s not difficult at all. The last banking collapse showed that. We need money, we’ll print it. If they need money they’ll print it. The only thing the government is interested is in is survival.

Any thoughts of the long term or for the general good is seen as political hokum.

You said it yourself, free trade and buccaneering making a few cash rich, monetary profits and property wealth letting the biggest corporations dominate. This at the risk of wiping out middle class prosperity and trading away our democracy any doubtful financial gains from Brexit will need to be spent chasing business elsewhere.

To people who will demand more than money to do business with us because of where we find ourselves.

It’s not difficult at all. The last banking collapse showed that. We need money, we’ll print it. If they need money they’ll print it. The only thing the government is interested is in is survival.

Any thoughts of the long term or for the general good is seen as political hokum.

You said it yourself, free trade and buccaneering making a few cash rich, monetary profits and property wealth letting the biggest corporations dominate. This at the risk of wiping out middle class prosperity and trading away our democracy any doubtful financial gains from Brexit will need to be spent chasing business elsewhere.

To people who will demand more than money to do business with us because of where we find ourselves.
So to paraphrase your post, all of this doom about brexit is rubbish and the uk will do fine (as will the EU)?

BTW I’m not a huge fan of QE - it’s the sovereign version of Alan Bonds school of accounting.

You can't even get your facts right: The USA is still the largest trading bloc on earth.
So, Baggers; what's "dumb" about pointing out your inability to get your facts straight?

The only "dumb" is your easily checked error or that you're deliberately telling fibs.

The NHS will need to find staff anywhere it can now the EU nurses and other staff are going home and not being replaced.
This is more a sign of the failings of successive governments to ensure sufficient nurses were being trained & recruited in the UK, rather than something brought about by Brexit. Throw in a much tougher language test for non UK applicants too.
We've been recruiting large numbers of nurses from outside the EU for many years.
Domestic recruitment has also increased since 2016, to within 200 of the fall in EU numbers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453