Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I expect parliament to follow through on the referendum result.

If it doesn’t then I suspect we’ll see those trying to stop brexit in parliament taking a hammering at some point in the non too distant future.

I think it’s fair to say that politicians have lost the respect of an awful lot of the population. That will continue in some form or another if they ignore the opinions of over half the electorate

Good luck with that fantasy.

You appear to be rather emotional again. This is to be expected.
Yes, of course I'm emotional, I want you and your ilk to stop pandering to foreign powers and start supporting our legitimate quest to free ourselves of the EU. Your fight against us means at some stage you'll either give up and concede you were wrong or we'll have to, you know, sort it...right now, I consider you remain type the enemy.

Good luck with that fantasy.
It’s not really fantasy is it.

I understand that there are politicians out there (Blair’s cronies mainly) who didn’t eat the referendum result.

But so far Article 50 has been triggered and UKPlc does have an uncanny habit of sticking two fingers up to bully boys and coming out on top.

Yes, of course I'm emotional, I want you and your ilk to stop pandering to foreign powers and start supporting our legitimate quest to free ourselves of the EU. Your fight against us means at some stage you'll either give up and concede you were wrong or we'll have to, you know, sort it...right now, I consider you remain type the enemy.

Well, bully for you. I'm going to have to start apologising for you again and I've only recently stopped.

It’s not really fantasy is it.

I understand that there are politicians out there (Blair’s cronies mainly) who didn’t eat the referendum result.

But so far Article 50 has been triggered and UKPlc doesn’t have an uncanny habit of sticking two fingers up to bully boys and coming out on top.

It's a fantasy. I reckon you got your syntax wrong in your final sentence.

Why so pessimistic, now you’ve got sovereignty back, don’t you trust it?
Ah now there is the first question of any import.
Do I trust them?
Who here trusts politicians?
Now I voted out, which was not what Parliament wanted.
The point about all of this is that if Parliament mucks this up, the relevance between Parliament and democracy will be questionable.
Now I trust Parliamentarians to look after ther vested interest and that may not include the electorate. Now I'll just take it from there. If they don't want to do the job, then we don't have to give them a job and that might be taken care of by the EU. If Parliament really care about these concepts, they'll do the right thing. If not either decision is fine by me.

Well, bully for you. I'm going to have to start apologising for you again and I've only recently stopped.
So you admit that you pander to foreign powers.?...apologising to foreiners....Lickspital is such an apt word for you people.

So you admit that you pander to foreign powers.?...apologising to foreiners....Lickspital is such an apt word for you people.
It's lickspittle and foreigners. Please learn to write English.

You're going to wake up one day and wonder where your fantasy went Pete Tong.

Seriously, I have no idea what you’re in about with the Canadians.

6 Pros and Cons of NAFTA

Looks like nafta has some good points and bad points. nAFTA isn’t pushing for ever closer political union though.

You aware of this one?

United States–Korea Free Trade Agreement - Wikipedia

No political union being forced there either.
You're not listening. Still.

Left out, as usual, is the notion we should be trying to renegotiate sections of the deal that erode our sovereignty.

One of those sections, the investor-state clause, which gives corporations the power to sue governments over laws threatening their profits, has received some attention, although less than it deserves.

Opinion | NAFTA’s dirty secret: it lets U.S. control our oil: McQuaig

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Careful now, stay strong! Just say "I am Brotherton Lad and I am an apologist". You will feel so much better and you will then have the opportunity to tell the thread your story.

Just don't give the first apology and you will be fine. :D

Careful now, stay strong! Just say "I am Brotherton Lad and I am an apologist". You will feel so much better and you will then have the opportunity to tell the thread your story.

Just don't give the first apology and you will be fine. :D
I'm already fine and enjoying watching the wheels fall off the Brexit fantasy. I'll leave the 12 step programme to others.

Interesting.

Tell someone that a trade deal with the US will affect domestic issues.

Person goes off on one in hyperbole hysteria mode not remembering previous mentions and makes shit up.

Give real example of US influencing domestic issues.

Person has hissy fit and mashes the button.

You may well have been in the wrong bit..I’ve spent time in shit cities. Berlin never struck me as one, at least not in the recent past.

Maybe there should be a thread. Shit cities we’ve known.

Berlin is wonderful and deserves to be so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453