Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's a mental illness. I just hope it's not contagious.
Don't think so, but it is proving incurable. Very strange affliction it is too, with one of the symptoms being compelled to apologise on behalf of the Nation to complete strangers!

Fortunately for the cause of aviation safety your obvious lack of knowledge on the subject would keep you far, far away from any position of authority.

Besides, the real reason nothing has been done as an alternative to EASA is that the government has decided not to. The head of the CAA - who does what he's told by government - has testified to Parliament that there are no plans and that they have done nothing to prepare for life outside EASA.

See, that's what baffles me the most about Brexit - the way that people who want it will not accept that the government has failed to prepare. Sure, you'll stamp your feet when people who do this sort of thing for a living give your professional opinion that it takes more than five minutes to unravel some very complex arrangements but when the government do nothing, nothing at all to get ready to leave - not a sound.

Because if anything causes Brexit to fail it will be that lack of preparation. All of these problems are solvable, all of them. Yet the government has not even started to tackle them.
I think I said in another post that there was a deliberate decision not to plan

Fail to plan, plan to fail.

I fully accept that initially the government failed to plan, and failed to direct others to do likewise.

But that has been matched in some quarters by hand wringing apathy.

Don't think so, but it is proving incurable. Very strange affliction it is too, with one of the symptoms being compelled to apologise on behalf of the Nation to complete strangers!

They're colleagues and, as you know, I've moved on to the next logical stage.

About £2 per year for the three year visa. That’s really going to be a financial strain on those seeking EU holiday bliss. Non story in other words.
Why not just jump into the back of a wagon and claim asylum when you get to France - live free in a camp for a month's sunbathing and then travel back to the uk and convince the Customs that your merely suntanned and not a Punjabee or Windrusher.

Won't last forever. Just wait til 2050 when Birmingham is known as Becca, the capital of Britanistan and the most popular boys name is Abdullah. No more apologies then!

It's not impossible, nor have I ever claimed that it is. But it's not being offered, we haven't asked for it and it's not been done for any other country. So really, expecting it to suddenly happen is the very definition of wishing for unicorns.
I think the head of the CAA said it would take 5 years.

to which my response would have been well get on with it son.

Well hurrah. Somethings working
From Davis

‘The technology to deliver a near frictionless border including number plate recognition, authorised economic operater system and electronic pre authorisation already existed and the government had started talks with potential suppliers’

I wonder who...........
eTIR.

Can’t say I’ve seen those forecasters saying we’d be worse off. I’ve seen plenty of opinion to fit an agenda. I’ve seen mid to long term assessments saying that brexit won’t negatively impact the UKs economy. I’ve heard a lot of speculation post referendum that we’ve seen to be incorrect.

They’ll be ups and downs.

As I’ve said before. If they offered riches over democracy, I’d go for democracy over and over again.
Sigh.....

A leaked government assessment of Brexit's likely impact on the British economy shows that Brexit, in all its possible forms, will be a significant negative for the UK's overall GDP.

Here's how the government's leaked economic forecasts for Brexit compare to 4 others

You implied that being out of the EU then the US would interfere with UK domestic foreign policy. That could only happen in a political union.

Just like China or India doesn’t interfere with UK domestic foreign policy.

We currently have an unelected body based in Strasbourg and Brussels interfering with UK domestic policy.
Any US trade will have an impact. Legally as well. We've been through this Andy, using the example of Canadian oil.

What I said was this: 'll be right there with you when you're protesting the US influence on domestic UK issues in ten years time. ' I have no idea where you got Foreign Policy from and I equally have no idea where you got a political union from.

You really need to keep your imagination in check.

.. and there you go. 21st century analysis.
Well, if you read the assessment given, 8% reduction in growth without a trade deal sounds horrific.

Here's how the government's leaked economic forecasts for Brexit compare to 4 others

But assuming a 2% GDP growth, (to keep the maths simple.

No deal means GDP will still grow at 1.84%

A free trade deal means GDP will still grow at 1.9%

Remaining in the customs union means GDP will still grow at 1.96%.

No assessment has shown that the UK leaving the EU will reduce GDP growth into negative numbers, they merely show that UK economic growth ‘may’ increase at a reduced rate.

What the ass segments don’t take into account is positive steps leaving the EU will have. What will be the positive impact of an Anglo Australian trade deal?

Latest Threads