Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does not impose one iota on anyone's life, and the tosh about assisting retailers is exactly that - tosh. Do they get similar help with radishes? Runner beans? Artichoke? Butternut squash? Of course not.

I think falling foul of the WTO was more of a reason for over-regulation of banana. http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2003/december/tradoc_114950.pdf

But that is of no consequence either. Bananagate is, however, an amusing metaphor for the totalitarian uselessness of the protection racket we all know and love where, without even a hint of embarrassment, grown-ups sitting in expensively provisioned committee rooms come up with phrases like the Banana Framework Agreement

You can read up on the rules for artichokes here:

EUR-Lex - 32003R1466 - EN - EUR-Lex

Also no longer extant.

Radishes are mentioned here:

EUR-Lex - 32015R0603 - EN - EUR-Lex

Last edited:
I don’t suppose someone could point out how controlled we were by this evil empire. Just so I’ll know when to start feeling free and throwing off yokes that sort of thing.
Now when have I ever called this an "evil empire"? If a car won't fuckin work you bin it. It is merely a mechanism that is far more self serving than of any major use. Really do get a grip

Now when have I ever called this an "evil empire"? If a car won't fuckin work you bin it. It is merely a mechanism that is far more self serving than of any major use. Really do get a grip

If my car doesn’t work. I get someone who knows what they are doing to find out why and carry on from there.

Edit, and it’s not all about you.

We managed perfectly well eating bananas before the EEC felt the need to standardise them.

No you didn't because the same regulations were in use in UK before we joined. Under UN guidelines if you care to look it up.
In fact, you'll find the UN rules, which we adhered to, run to rather more pages than the EU ones.
If you find yourself a bit bored with no work to do (ha, ha) then have a scan through this little lot
The Updated UN Standards on Fruit and Vegetables

This is just wonderful and typical Arrse a discussion/argument /debate about brexit and people are linking EU and UN documents about wonky bananas.

Superb.!

Status
Not open for further replies.