Brexit Phase Two - Trade

There is a better option than Democracy? :)
The EU is not very democratic is it?

The Commission is made up of 28 unelected commissioners, who cannot be held to account. Each commissioner has a specific policy area in which to create laws. The Commission has a President (currently Jean-Claude Juncker); unlike the other 27 commissioners he is personally elected by the European Parliament, however his was the only name on the ballot paper, not exactly democratic. The Commission is advised by the Directorate General, which along with the Commission is heavily lobbied. Once the Commission proposes an EU law, this proposal is taken to the Parliament.

What did your personally do about that chillsjag?

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Fingers drumming,

Still no answers.

Jeez lads, debating with you is a piece of p1ss. Make s point, ask a question, and it’s duck and weave, throw an insult over your shoulder as you head home for tea.

Man up and answer some questions.
They don't

They won't

They can't

Your arguments don't hold water. If they did, the UK government might have done something

You resort to comparing the EU failing to reform to kristalnacht. Kind of lazy really.
HMG had (and still have) absolutely no interest in BREXIT.

If they did, they might have done something.

The only thing they have any interest in is personal political survival, at any cost.

The 6th largest economy in the world is over a barrel?

View attachment 332107

That's you, that is.....

Wordsmith
We are only the 6th largest economy at the moment whilst we are still in the EU. Also all those economies are the ones above us now, or will be when we exit.

We will have just lost our trade agreements with the majority of the world and not trading with anyone until we renegotiate. So yes over a barrel.

The Commission is made up of 28 unelected commissioners, who cannot be held to account. Each commissioner has a specific policy area in which to create laws. The Commission has a President (currently Jean-Claude Juncker); unlike the other 27 commissioners he is personally elected by the European Parliament, however his was the only name on the ballot paper, not exactly democratic. The Commission is advised by the Directorate General, which along with the Commission is heavily lobbied. Once the Commission proposes an EU law, this proposal is taken to the Parliament.

Another no answer..........

Again you are better then that. This isn’t the works petty cash tin, it’s a budget of s large trading block.

The budget will balance only if one of two things happen: either the members pay more or the spending is cut back. (Or a combination of both).

As the vast majority of member states have never actually contributed, and are happy with the current spending levels, it is going to be difficult to achieve either option.

Do you agree?
And no answer.....

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I love it when posters admit they are wrong by resorting to abuse and ignoring the topic.

The remainers are all that wrong. Getting business and Brexit advice from, what, the university of Woolamarroo.

MBAs who’ve slept through the odd recession, missed a banking collapse in various countries. Now we’re getting a lecture on Brexit.

It’s plain and obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that had Brexit been anything like a goer. It would have been cut, dried and done. The Eu would be falling over themselves attempting to keep us and we would be waving a cheery goodbye.

There would be tales of deals and happy smiling parliamentarians pointing the way forward.

What the best they’re coming up with. Starting from scratch, taking on the rest of the world?

And the best we’re getting, its not going to be a complete disaster. And various dimbulb theories about a low tax, regulation free trade country.
What are we meant to be, coolies, living on a bowl of rice?

What have we got?. Paying fortunes to stay in the ‘transition’ period of leaving. A government and ruling party so completely horlicksed it’s in a three way split and barely managing to break level in the polls with a dipshit like Corbyn

There’s even a biblical verse for this stuff. John 11v35.

The remainers are all that wrong. Getting business and Brexit advice from, what, the university of Woolamarroo.

MBAs who’ve slept through the odd recession, missed a banking collapse in various countries. Now we’re getting a lecture on Brexit.

It’s plain and obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that had Brexit been anything like a goer. It would have been cut, dried and done. The Eu would be falling over themselves attempting to keep us and we would be waving a cheery goodbye.

There would be tales of deals and happy smiling parliamentarians pointing the way forward.

What the best they’re coming up with. Starting from scratch, taking on the rest of the world?

And the best we’re getting, its not going to be a complete disaster. And various dimbulb theories about a low tax, regulation free trade country.
What are we meant to be, coolies, living on a bowl of rice?

What have we got?. Paying fortunes to stay in the ‘transition’ period of leaving. A government and ruling party so completely horlicksed it’s in a three way split and barely managing to break level in the polls with a dipshit like Corbyn

There’s even a biblical verse for this stuff. John 11v35.
What did you do Skidsy, to try to reform the EU?

No, that was economists who spent through recesssions and missed banking collapses. You need to study more.

You want a lecture on brexit? I WIL give you one: It’s people like you that caused it. Hiding under the blankets while the EU rooted everyone and everything, and now you are complaining about the result. You are about 20 years too late to be on the barricades.

Last edited:
No, try reading it again. I compared your inactions to those of the average Germans, who like you, didn’t want it face up to the facts.

That isn comparing the EU failing to crystal night, it’s comparing you to them. Big difference.
Still, very weak.

I'll put it down to the late hour in Oz.

Enjoy your Anzac Day though

There are large parts of the UK government , civil service and associated Quangos that are equally not accountable.

Voted accordingly and talked to my MEP.

Even so, it means the output of a major UK manufacturer, in one of our largest industrial sectors will - through EASA - be subject to ECJ jurisdiction. A court in which we will shortly have zero influence.

Again, the control keeps flooding back.
I thought that the whole idea of "the third estate" was that it was outwith political influence? Ergo UK had no influence anyway.

unless you are telling me that the E C J was somehow politically controlled?

Last edited:
There are large parts of the UK government , civil service and associated Quangos that are equally not accountable.

Voted accordingly and talked to my MEP.
And what are you doing about those quangos?

The people of the UK grew heartily sick of the EU until they voted out.

Jeeezus Fing Christ, even on the othe4 side of the world I could see where this was heading..... but no one did a thing.

Now it’s a done deal, and despite the comments here, trust me, this is an easily achievable deal.

And what are you doing about those quangos?

The people of the UK grew heartily sick of the EU until they voted out.

Jeeezus Fing Christ, even on the othe4 side of the world I could see where this was heading..... but no one did a thing.

Now it’s a done deal, and despite the comments here, trust me, this is an easily achievable deal.
It's neither done nor easy. You appear to be yet another fantasist.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453