Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Really interesting paper her on how the EU deliberately missuses dumping legislation to protect it own inefficient industries.

ecipe.org/publications/anti-dumping-investigation-in-the-eu-how-does-it-work/

Well worth a read Baglock, these are the people you are championing.

Its another example of outdated last millennium trading logic. What next? " The trade winds might not be right as the tea clippers go past Cape Horn so we had better stay in the EU"?

What utter balderdash. You couldn't make it up, its like a comedy show. My conversation in Tokyo was in June 1988, almost exactly 30 years ago. and Baglock quotes an economic theory from 1954.

I remember the dockers striking in the 70's because they'd lost their 'spillage' business when the last break bulk ships went and it was all containerised. It used to take at least a week to unload a 10,000 ton freighter, and you would lose a good 15-20% through 'spillage' aka thievery.

First box boats carried 350 containers and had crews of 60 and took hundreds of men to unload, the first 'giants', 5,000, the latest ones, 21,000, a crew of under 20 and are unloaded by a few crane drivers feeding robotic haulers - its the economies of scale on crack.

To save you the bother of clicking on a Gruniad link and bolstering their income, I've done it for you.
It's read by a special kind of halfwit...

View attachment 332068
To be fair, the Guardian is kind of special....to the point of snowflake outage judging by those 4 ranting articles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
To be fair, the Guardian is kind of special....to the point of snowflake outage judging by those 4 ranting articles.
All newspapers cater for their predominant reader base. The Telegraph for example is Brexit supporting as most of its readers are - although not to the level of incandescent Remain supporting rage in the Gruniad. I have this vision of their article writers...

1524576900158.png

Wordsmith :smile:

Really?

You give the impression of somebody who is hoping to spread doubt in order to change the result.
You give impression that you don't read what I write, only what you think I write.

Really interesting paper her on how the EU deliberately missuses dumping legislation to protect it own inefficient industries.

ecipe.org/publications/anti-dumping-investigation-in-the-eu-how-does-it-work/

Well worth a read Baglock, these are the people you are championing.
Sacking off the EU makes the UK worse off economically.

The evidence is abundant.

The EU is the least worst option. I'm a pragmatist

I have to prove nothing to you.

Enjoy your day.

No no no no no bag lock, I’m not only to let you slip off with the dogs dinner still on your lips. I just played along with your silly game, defined achievable and then gave you the success criteria.

Now it’s your turn mate.

Now you say “oh that’s cherry picking”? And “oh that’s unachievable” - which is back where we started....

That’s not good enough an you know it.

Why is it unachievable? You say it is, I am saying demonstrate why.
It's unachievable because it's a polemic for the party supporters, not a plan to leave. It's a political speech full of rhetoric, words are cheap.

If they'd spent more time planning and less on playing to the gallery they might have got something together for the Irish border.

It's unachievable because it's a polemic for the party supporters, not a plan to leave. It's a political speech full of rhetoric, words are cheap.

If they'd spent more time planning and less on playing to the gallery they might have got something together for the Irish border.
The Irish border, all 500 miles of it, seems to be the only point of discussion from those who would remain in the 1950s, and I am not sure why...

I have repeatedly said, and no one has responded to me, that as long as the UK import tariffs are lower than the EU (which isn’t hard to achieve) then the flow of trade will be from the UK into the EU via the Irish border.

If the EU wants to stop, control or tax that trade, then it is the EUs problem, and they can build the fence.

Please think about the above before you post a reply, I am happy to discuss, but not with irrational schoolgirl foot stamping and squeals of NO.

Tel me why the UK needs to secure the border?

With the EU punitive levels of tariffs for protect French farmers and German car manufacturers, not a lot of trade will be going the other way.

for the dullards who's lips wobble at the mention of express

The EU draft budget redirects billions of euro to southern Europe - Finance Apprise

The European Commission (EC) also plans to introduce changes to the conditions for applying for funding, including compliance with the rule of law, and there will also be more restrictions on how to use European money

The details of the reform are still being clarified, but according to diplomats and officials, the expectations are the result of redeployment from Poland, the Czech Republic and the Baltic countries to southern countries such as Italy, Greece and Spain and even to some regions of France.

One of the reasons for decreasing the fund will be also filling the funding gaps that will open after Brexit. In the words of EU budget commissioner Gunther Oettinger, “it is necessary” to cut 5% to 10%.

Panic in the EU...

Same message, another source…

Greetings Baggers: Do you honestly think that the UK Government Ministers responsible for the Brexit deal would put all their cards on the table before any major meeting with the EU? They will beforehand place 'Points to be covered' of course, but just like UK citizens, the EU will have to wait to see, what the UK proposes at the conference table. I don't think their answer will be spontaneous either.
Greetings OOS. Do you honestly believe that the people who have handled our trade negotiations for a very long time don't have a good handle on where we are?

Thing is, we've had bucket fulls of rhetoric and not much in the way of practicality. To think that Liam Fox, who let someone without clearance gain knowledge which could compromise the UK and our allies, could keep a secret is laughable.

I will match that and raise you this - well worth a vivisectionist read:

EU budget hawks under attack

"Warsaw and Budapest are expected to be most affected by revamp, which is set to be unveiled by European Commissioner for Budget and Human Resources, Günther Oettinger on 2 May."

Sounds like a plan to kick Poland and Hungary in the nuts for not knowing their place.

Also seems to be some sort of back door arrangement to redistribute EU wealth - except not from the wealthiest EU States

Cheers bumhole.

Care to comment on the EU re-jigging it's budget in terms of what impact it's going to have on trade negotiations?

I only need you to mention the German car industry to achieve brexit bingo for today, and by mid afternoon too :)

My previous boss was tres pleased when his son gained a Masters in European law.
Tres not pleased when the vote was to leave the EU.
About as useful now as return tickets on the Titanic.
It's probably much, much more use now. You're not big on thinking are you?