Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Baglock my friend, why not use your massive experience in international trade politics to tell us all where the EU is going to make up the humongous financial shortfall from, after the UK waves goodbye?

As per a post from earlier today, and news reports, they are already repositioning funding to nations that will be pushed to the brink with a no UK EU. And the net loser nations are really unhappy.

Despite your irrational fear over the EU, they are in a far worse position post Brexit then the UK is.
I couldn't disagree more.

£13 billion or whatever the figure is looks like it will be made up by other member stats. It will be difficult, but nothing I've seen indicates that this is an existential issue.

Subscribe to read

Do you have any evidence that the EU is going to cave in?

Meanwhile the UK lost an estimated £300 million per week last year in GDP growth. So who is losing out as well

Brexit has been costing the UK economy £300m every week since the Leave vote

Not whats actually being proposed, is it?

"He added that plans to transfer design approval for airliner engines were a “precautionary” measure and a final decision had not been made on such a move. The company said it “did not anticipate” jobs being transferred to Europe."
Even so, it means the output of a major UK manufacturer, in one of our largest industrial sectors will - through EASA - be subject to ECJ jurisdiction. A court in which we will shortly have zero influence.

Again, the control keeps flooding back.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Even so, it means the output of a major UK manufacturer, in one of our largest industrial sectors will - through EASA - be subject to ECJ jurisdiction. A court in which we will shortly have zero influence.

Did we ever have any real influence over the ECJ? Can you perhaps inform us what that influence was and how it was used by the UK?

Oh teh noes, what about RR stuff in teh USA!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Perhaps not, but we certainly had influence over the laws they apply. We will now have none.
Describe to me exactly how we influenced the laws applied by the ECJ. Don't forget, the electorate have already decided that we don't have influence in the EU and have voted to leave. Now you say we did influence the laws, all I am asking for is a demonstration of how the UK influenced the EU laws. Just saying "Well we did so there" does not cut the mustard!

Describe to me exactly how we influenced the laws applied by the ECJ. Don't forget, the electorate have already decided that we don't have influence in the EU and have voted to leave. Now you say we did influence the laws, all I am asking for is a demonstration of how the UK influenced the EU laws. Just saying "Well we did so there" does not cut the mustard!

No! No! No!

We’re losing control because a bloke in Munch rather than Derby signs a bit of paper saying this RR engine is built proper.

Perhaps not, but we certainly had influence over the laws they apply. We will now have none.
perhaps you should read the eye this week. P21 on the matter of Edinburgh's Royal High in school to establish just how much Esteem the ECJ is really held particularly in Scotland .
"To investigate this the ECJ would require sight of such key evidence as the 2014 contract between the council and its "preferred developer" to establish its validity under EU law. But Edinburgh's council insists "The contract documents cannot be provided. This is commercially sensitive information" So the Truth will be covered up, the needless appeal will go ahead-and whatever the outcome, m'learned friends will coin it at public expense."

Sorta fills you with confidence about the relevance of the ECJ doesn't it?

It’s received @ €50 Billion in EEC/EU freebies since 1973, but is now a nett contributor.
But things are about to get much worse

REVEALED: Ireland's EU payments to sky-rocket - ex-diplomat SLATES Brussels 'CASH GRAB'
As I've commented before, the UK can expect a period of financial turbulence during the transition period before things shake down. After that, there should be no more day-to-day problems in trade with the EU.

The EU's problems are going to be deeper seated and this is just one of them. After the UK's budgetary contribution of £9 billion dries up, a lot more countries are going to find themselves net contributors - and hence unhappy. For example, the Visegrád Group of four Central European nations – the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia - are going to be unhappy bunnies, liable to vote as a bloc to oppose many European commission initiatives and otherwise become an awkward squad.

In addition, given the European Commission's incessant demands for a larger budget, it's good odds that net contributors will be asked to pay more and net recipients get less in the next EU budget, irrespective of the changes due to the loss of the UKs contribution.

It's one of a number of things which make me think the EU will split into two rival camps - those countries that want more Europe and those that want less. Which in turn will lead to political paralysis.

Wordsmith

perhaps you should read the eye this week. P21 on the matter of Edinburgh's Royal High in school to establish just how much Esteem the ECJ is really held particularly in Scotland .
"To investigate this the ECJ would require sight of such key evidence as the 2014 contract between the council and its "preferred developer" to establish its validity under EU law. But Edinburgh's council insists "The contract documents cannot be provided. This is commercially sensitive information" So the Truth will be covered up, the needless appeal will go ahead-and whatever the outcome, m'learned friends will coin it at public expense."

Sorta fills you with confidence about the relevance of the ECJ doesn't it?

ECJ: Give us the paperwork! :\\\\
Scottish Council: Awah gae boil yer heed :evil:
ECJ: :crying:

To save you the bother of clicking on a Gruniad link and bolstering their income, I've done it for you.
It's read by a special kind of halfwit...

gruniad view.JPG

I couldn't disagree more.

£13 billion or whatever the figure is looks like it will be made up by other member stats. It will be difficult, but nothing I've seen indicates that this is an existential issue.

Do you have any evidence that the EU is going to cave in?

[/URL]
The EU draft budget redirects billions of euro to southern Europe - Finance Apprise

The European Commission (EC) also plans to introduce changes to the conditions for applying for funding, including compliance with the rule of law, and there will also be more restrictions on how to use European money

The details of the reform are still being clarified, but according to diplomats and officials, the expectations are the result of redeployment from Poland, the Czech Republic and the Baltic countries to southern countries such as Italy, Greece and Spain and even to some regions of France.

One of the reasons for decreasing the fund will be also filling the funding gaps that will open after Brexit. In the words of EU budget commissioner Gunther Oettinger, “it is necessary” to cut 5% to 10%.

Panic in the EU...

Oh I just love this;
"The European representatives are also preparing changes on the conditions for Member States for European funding, which will require some countries to use most of their own funds for project implementation. "
And then claim it's "European funding"
Bit like Labour really- bribe the weak-get the vote.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453