Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Greetings Baggers: Do you honestly think that the UK Government Ministers responsible for the Brexit deal would put all their cards on the table before any major meeting with the EU? They will beforehand place 'Points to be covered' of course, but just like UK citizens, the EU will have to wait to see, what the UK proposes at the conference table. I don't think their answer will be spontaneous either.
What cards are those?

You seem to be labouring under the illusion that the government knows what it's doing[/QUOTE]

Baggers, I have more confidence in my own kind than I do in the 'shitehawks' Barnier or Juncker, you it seems to me, Just laps up all that they say. I find that really quite strange...confidence my boy, all will be well !

It's not in the interest of the EU MS to give the UK a better deal than we have now.

Where is the incentive?

Stamp your feet all you like.

I don't need to demonstrate why because it's exactly what is happening now.

We tell Europe to stuff their club, but let us keep preferential access.

If you can't see why this tactic is unachievable then I would question your logical abilities.

I have to prove nothing.
Thanks for nothing. You just completely failed to support your position.

It’s not that the EU have an incentive, it is that they have no other choice.

Your lack of understanding of international trade I find slightly shocking. Your endless and pointless posts about it I find frightening.

You clearly have no idea what you are posting about.

Your lack of understanding of international trade I find slightly shocking. Your endless and pointless posts about it I find frightening.

But at least he has a hobby.

And a title to defend.

Baglock my friend, why not use your massive experience in international trade politics to tell us all where the EU is going to make up the humongous financial shortfall from, after the UK waves goodbye?

As per a post from earlier today, and news reports, they are already repositioning funding to nations that will be pushed to the brink with a no UK EU. And the net loser nations are really unhappy.

Despite your irrational fear over the EU, they are in a far worse position post Brexit then the UK is.

No Mate, I am approaching a project in a profession manner.

It’s going to be far easier than you think. Put 50 hard nosed MBAs in a room, turf all politicians out, and watch it happen.
There are such things as Masters degrees in Brussels’ Administration? That explains so much of what we are up against. If the dissertation is statistical recording of snoring after a good long lunch and the energy exerted in shrugging shoulders or waving hands excitedly I might be induced to sign up for the course. ;-)

The European Commission plans to shift tens of billions of euros in EU funding away from central and eastern Europe, diverting money from countries such as Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic to those hit hard by the financial crisis such as Spain and Greece, the Financial Times has learned on Monday. The paper has seen a draft policy paper on the EC’s 2021-2027 EU budget to be presented on 2 May.

Now a Baglock, here is your opportunity to demonstrate your competence and comprehension - tell us why the EU, ten years after the GFC that left some of its members more shell shocked than a figure 11, suddenly decided to reposition funds?

I would appreciate your views on the reasoning and the probable outcomes.

Referencing would be appreciated.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The European Commission plans to shift tens of billions of euros in EU funding away from central and eastern Europe, diverting money from countries such as Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic to those hit hard by the financial crisis such as Spain and Greece, the Financial Times has learned on Monday. The paper has seen a draft policy paper on the EC’s 2021-2027 EU budget to be presented on 2 May.

Now a Baglock, here is your opportunity to demonstrate your competence and comprehension - tell us why the EU, ten years after the GFC that left some of its members more shell shocked than a figure 11, suddenly decided to reposition funds?

I would appreciate your views on the reasoning and the probable outcomes.

Referencing would be appreciated.
you will have a long wait for Baggie to answer, other than with an SABC!

I think the two-tier EU has been discussed already with the troublesome countries, most new entrants, being passed over for cash in favour of the inner core.

I wonder how comfortable Eire is feeling!

There are such things as Masters degrees in Brussels’ Administration? That explains so much of what we are up against. If the dissertation is statistical recording of snoring after a good long lunch and the energy exerted in shrugging shoulders or waving hands excitedly I might be induced to sign up for the course. ;-)

My previous boss was tres pleased when his son gained a Masters in European law.
Tres not pleased when the vote was to leave the EU.
About as useful now as return tickets on the Titanic.

you will have a long wait for Baggie to answer, other than with an SABC!

I think the two-tier EU has been discussed already with the troublesome countries, most new entrants, being passed over for cash in favour of the inner core.

I wonder how comfortable Eire is feeling!

It’s received @ €50 Billion in EEC/EU freebies since 1973, but is now a nett contributor.
But things are about to get much worse

REVEALED: Ireland's EU payments to sky-rocket - ex-diplomat SLATES Brussels 'CASH GRAB'

Why are you so sure that the EU has no choice but cut the UK a deal according to the criteria that PMTM laid out?

Why has the UK government had to cave in at every hurdle. Every redline has slowly disappeared. The customs union looks like it will be next.

I don't think that you have a great understanding since you seem to think that you could achieve what the government cannot

No Mate, I am approaching a project in a profession manner.

It’s going to be far easier than you think. Put 50 hard nosed MBAs in a room, turf all politicians out, and watch it happen.
The fact that you think that the political dynamic can be ignored frankly shows how poor your understanding seems to be.

Could you please point out a real world example of a trade deal where there was no political element to the equation.

Trade cannot be separated from politics, in my view. See the Donald currently launching trade wars for an example. He was elected on a promise to protect American jobs from international trade.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453