Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Let's not go nuts. Whilst I actually admire some of their quirks (like long lunches and business funded parties, days off etc) they're not quite lean sigma legends.

Never said they were paragons of virtue, but they are relatively efficient and have an excellent culture of design, manufacture and engineering.

Having worked with German and Italian engineers, give me the Italians ands their 'can do - get it done' attitude every day.

Italy has a sound manufacturing economy. World class products highly exportable, many iconic brands, it can still maintain a bicycle and motorcycle industry.

But its being destroyed not be being backward or inneficient, its simply having to charge too much thanks to the Euro.
If you ever get a chance to read a book called ‘global shift’ by Peter Dickinson, he covers the macro economic scale quite well. Within Europe there’s. Big sausage shaped area that covers Europe from the midlands to northern Italy, incorporating western Germany, eastern France, Holland, Belgium and Switzerland. That’s where the wealth is generated in Europe. (Similar areas can be found in North America, SE Asia) those are the historic wealth generating areas, the current wealth generating areas and the future wealth generating areas for a whole host of reasons he goes into.

Italy dies have a strong economic base, but the overpriced € compared to what the lire would be doesn’t make it competitive for the Italian economy. The € is undervalued in in Germany compared to what the duetchemark would be. Making the German economy more competitive.

The € hovers somewhere in the middle as it’s a fudge. Strong economy’s like Germany benefit by the € being weaker than it should in that area by being dragged down by the weaker economy’s. weaker economy’s such as Italy and Greece struggle with the € waits artificially raised by the stronger economy’s.

Let's not go nuts. Whilst I actually admire some of their quirks (like long lunches and business funded parties, days off etc) they're not quite lean sigma legends.
Germany isn’t a particularly innovative nation. It does what it does well, I.e making quality products.

My islamificication comment ended with a smiley - it was tongue in cheek.
Apologies, it or similar has been posted far too many times by the hard of thinking.
Go figure before you spout sh!te again.
Personal experience of a limited and particularly high density area which has had prolonged period of immigration doesn't trump data for Europe. The biggest issue is the European non Muslim population shrinking due to demographics but immigration helps there.

nearly half of all recent migrants to Europe (47%) were not Muslim, with Christians making up the next-largest group.

And

And if high refugee flows were to continue in future decades, Europe would be 14% Muslim in 2050

Europe’s Growing Muslim Population

If you're unable to post without spittle flecking your screen I suggest you take some relaxation classes. Go burst some kids footballs or something, you'll feel better.

Apologies, it or similar has been posted far too many times by the hard of thinking.
Personal experience of a limited and particularly high density area which has had prolonged period of immigration doesn't trump data for Europe. The biggest issue is the European non Muslim population shrinking due to demographics but immigration helps there.

nearly half of all recent migrants to Europe (47%) were not Muslim, with Christians making up the next-largest group.

And

And if high refugee flows were to continue in future decades, Europe would be 14% Muslim in 2050

Europe’s Growing Muslim Population

If you're unable to post without spittle flecking your screen I suggest you take some relaxation classes. Go burst some kids footballs or something, you'll feel better.
Bollox. I've worked all over the North West. I think I've a better idea of what it is like than you.

To be fair he has a point. Much of Europe has a shocking history over the last 100 years, and Spain with its Catalonia problem is showing it’s not over yet.

I’m prepared to forgive and forget, but not rewrite history to eradicate some of more embarrassing bits. I doubt you are either, so no argument there.
He doesn't have a point. He's supposed to be a politician with responsibility towards the overall UK diplomatic effort and instead he's playing to the Little England gallery.

Nobody's asking to rewrite history but he may want to remember that we're less than popular in some parts due to our history. He's a twat and as the link proves, a pish poor but brazen liar.

You really are a dribbling idiot.
I always like people who lead in their chosen field to comment on it. Well done sir.

So sabotaging the process by rabid Remorons doesn't count?

You're a cretin.
Stabbed in back is strange way to describe piss poor politicians being unable to deliver the Unicorns they promised.

People that Remain voters worship:

Lord Adonis
Sir Bob Geldof
Ken Clark
Tony Blair
Neil Kinnock
Paddy Pants down
Chuka Umunna
Nick Clegg
Lord Peter Mandelson
Vince Cable
......I'm sure there are other such likeable characters
Keep on making shit and frothing at the gusset. Put me on ignore...again...that'll teach me.

Some people really REALLY aren’t learning from their mistakes - on both sides.

Pushing the vote on the CU as a vote of confidence in May is about as dumb as it gets. Didn’t anyone learn anything? Did Trump and Clinton not show everyone what happens when you push the wrong button.

You might just replace May with a really nasty piece of work who will tell the EU to shove its negotiations where the sun doesn’t shine - which I personally think would be a negative move, but may well give the UK a better deal.

Remainders, you had better pray that May sticks around because some of the other potential replacements might make you pee in your undies.
The current situation was foreseen and anyone talking about it was ridiculed by the hard of thinking. Now it's here they're howling that the EU are naughty boys.

It's got to come to a head sometime, may as well be now.

He doesn't have a point. He's supposed to be a politician with responsibility towards the overall UK diplomatic effort and instead he's playing to the Little England gallery.

Nobody's asking to rewrite history but he may want to remember that we're less than popular in some parts due to our history. He's a twat and as the link proves, a pish poor but brazen liar.
Agreed on both counts, factual history is full of facts, and political correctness or expediency doesn’t justify rewriting it.

The UK has been far from a paragon of virtue in the past, but I think you would agree that not a lot compares to Germany in ww2.

Hiding the truth, on events like that, makes you an accomplice after the fact.

If you ever get a chance to read a book called ‘global shift’ by Peter Dickinson, he covers the macro economic scale quite well. Within Europe there’s. Big sausage shaped area that covers Europe from the midlands to northern Italy, incorporating western Germany, eastern France, Holland, Belgium and Switzerland. That’s where the wealth is generated in Europe. (Similar areas can be found in North America, SE Asia) those are the historic wealth generating areas, the current wealth generating areas and the future wealth generating areas for a whole host of reasons he goes into.

Italy dies have a strong economic base, but the overpriced € compared to what the lire would be doesn’t make it competitive for the Italian economy. The € is undervalued in in Germany compared to what the duetchemark would be. Making the German economy more competitive.

The € hovers somewhere in the middle as it’s a fudge. Strong economy’s like Germany benefit by the € being weaker than it should in that area by being dragged down by the weaker economy’s. weaker economy’s such as Italy and Greece struggle with the € waits artificially raised by the stronger economy’s.

If the Huns went back to the DM, German products would be @ 30% dearer. That would certainly take the smirk of the Helmuts faces.
But there is only so long you can game this before the other side bites back - See The Donald.

The current situation was foreseen and anyone talking about it was ridiculed by the hard of thinking. Now it's here they're howling that the EU are naughty boys.

It's got to come to a head sometime, may as well be now.
I didn’t want to see the UK out of the EU - I lived in France 1980-85, and worked for the French company for a further 8 years. But I also didn’t like the direction the EU was heading or the shower of sh1t who were running it.

The current EU are acting like they did in 1870, 1914 and 1939, a bunch of arrogant bully Boys and all wind and p1ss. I personally don’t think they have the balls to do much when it comes to losing money and jobs, which is where this stupidity will end.

On the other hand I don’t think May has the balls either, and there is a groundswell of Fifth Columnists within the UK who seem happy to destroy the UK because they didn’t get their own way.

I think those 5C supporters need to explain why they didnt do anything about the rot within the EU before they start moaning about Brexit. How the flick did the EU get away with two HQs, unaudited accounts for decades, rampant corruption, protectionism at the expense of the common man, the missing money, the shady deals, the punitive punishments dished out on a whim by unelected despots.

Flick me, even Africa is better.

And it’s all over, the UK is getting out, and the EU, unless it changes, is going to die.

It’s s new world out there. Be in it or die.

If the Huns went back to the DM, German products would be @ 30% dearer. That would certainly take the smirk of the Helmuts faces.
But there is only so long you can game this before the other side bites back - See The Donald.
Worryingly, the Germans control the ECB so many euro nations can be told what to do.

It’s not too dissimilar to the days of Empire, ultimately many left when they realised that a centrally controlled economy was damaging, others stayed because they realised they couldn’t plug the financial gap by themselves.

And as an indication of how the world is changing:

2013 I went back to Bangkok for the first time in a decade. A friend picked me up at the airport in her new Toyota. She is a secretary..... a Bangkok secretary with a new car! Incredible. A decade ago she would have had a 50cc Honda, a decade before that a bicycle.

In Semarang an ex girlfriend has a nice three bedroom house, paid for, and a new Suzuki car. She is a Degree qualified CAD draftswoman. She holidayed in Australia last year, and Vietnam the year before. She was the first person from her kampung to go to university. There are now 10 who have graduated.

The world is changing, changing rapidly. The old powerhouses are dying. The emerging economies have emerged, and they aren’t buying German made cars and French wines.

The old world is almost gone, it’s change, change now, or die. I can’t see the EU changing.

I think the UK has a chance.

What I don’t understand is this denial attitude. Brexit, good or bad, is a done deal. .
It demonstrably isn't. I believe that we must leave as a result of the referendum BTW.

It demonstrably isn't. I believe that we must leave as a result of the referendum BTW.
I think Brexit as an action is a done deal, but the process isn’t. I’m not sure of the problem - I’m not bright but even I could get the uk out of the EU. In fact anyone who has been through a divorce would know how it’s done.

I think Brexit as an action is a done deal, but the process isn’t. I’m not sure of the problem - I’m not bright but even I could get the uk out of the EU. In fact anyone who has been through a divorce would know how it’s done.
Yet the entire apparatus of government can't do what you claim to be so easy.

Yet the entire apparatus of government can't do what you claim to be so easy.
I’m sure it can, they just need to boot s few oxygen thieves and Fifth Culumnists out of the way. The unelected swill in the House of Lords would be a good start. You wouldn’t feed that lot if they were circus animals.

I’m sure it can, they just need to boot s few oxygen thieves and Fifth Culumnists out of the way. The unelected swill in the House of Lords would be a good start. You wouldn’t feed that lot if they were circus animals.
I think that Gracs has eloquently pointed out in the past couple of pages that this is simply project fear turning out to be project reality as the experts predicted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 274
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22