Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You most obviously do have have an axe to grind with Fox, given your inability to mention him without your favourite denigrating sobriquet.
I’m sorry. I thought it was how he was usually referred to in print. I didn’t want him getting him mixed up with ‘Liam Fox, who is not the disgraced former defence secretary’

What about initials? Liam Fox F.D.D.S. That better?

Some people really REALLY aren’t learning from their mistakes - on both sides.

Pushing the vote on the CU as a vote of confidence in May is about as dumb as it gets. Didn’t anyone learn anything? Did Trump and Clinton not show everyone what happens when you push the wrong button.

You might just replace May with a really nasty piece of work who will tell the EU to shove its negotiations where the sun doesn’t shine - which I personally think would be a negative move, but may well give the UK a better deal.

Remainders, you had better pray that May sticks around because some of the other potential replacements might make you pee in your undies.

The remoaners are William Reece-Moggs best friends.

Like the one we had. With input, full access a say in all procedures. And the ability to trade with whoever we liked, like Germany and France were doing.
And with import tariffs and restrictions set by Germany and France to protect their inefficient industries.

That’s so 1940s.

Free trade, it’s the way to go. And if you go with free trade, you don’t need the EU and their clapped out ideas and industries.

I listened to Ken Clark on Radio4 about four months ago, at the time he was preaching the 'Disaster' that we had let ourselves in for. This morning again on Radio4 he was far more condescending, and and came up with some good positive valid and useful points, I think he may be 'won over'?
You don't think his toning it down has anything to do with the forthcoming local elections do you?
I'll wait to see what happens after May's elections before I strike the fat chancer off my list of remain lickspitals.

Just staging photo ops with an EU flag doesn’t make it an ‘EU military operation’.
Yep, off the web site:

European External Action Service
University postgraduates (Master's or PhD level)
Who can apply: candidates who have obtained a university degree equivalent to a Master's degree or higher in a domain relevant to the activities of the EU Delegations (at least four years of university)
Duration: 9-18 months
Where: EU Delegations

These MBAs and PhDs are tough as nails - watch out for the aiborne accountants.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Indeed; I am especially looking forward to the Commons vote on the CU being cast by the government as a confidence issue - see BBC News for details.

Described this morning on R4 as ‘Today’s daily panic at number 10’. It doesn’t exactly fill one with confidence that the government have much a clue where it’s going.

I like the idea that when they ‘War gamed’ the scenario they only expect to’lose’ Boris and Gove in resignations.
Theresa May faces Brexit showdown

no the UK is unwilling to agree to anything but a hard border

I expected better than that. It's the EU not us. Incidentally you do understand that there is no hard border between the Irish and the British because of the CTA and the 1922 agreement, not because we are members of the EU. That is incidental and means to an end like stopping shouty Irish blowing up British property. Moreover the act of joining in 72 did not imply interference in sovereign matters such as territory. Why do you think the French got so many of their territories in which are in effect a French CTA.

Described this morning on R4 as ‘Today’s daily panic at number 10’. It doesn’t exactly fill one with confidence that the government have much a clue where it’s going.

I like the idea that when they ‘War gamed’ the scenario they only expect to’lose’ Boris and Gove in resignations.
Under the first, which is thought to be Mrs May’s favoured option, Britain would collect EU import tariffs on behalf of Brussels. Its backers say that it would solve the Irish border issue “at a stroke”.

I can tell you right now that idea is a total pile of bollocks.

My advice to May: tell the EU that the UK is looking at removing all tea riffs and duties, and they can whistle.

The Irish border is Ireland’s problem not the UKs.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You don't think his toning it down has anything to do with the forthcoming local elections do you?
I'll wait to see what happens after May's elections before I strike the fat chancer off my list of remain lickspitals.
Your idea of him ‘toning it down’, sounded more like sadness at being proved right. It looks like it’s time to see which tail is waving the party dog.
May and company or hardline brexiters?
Interesting times and unintended consequences. The Conservative party is handed a gift like Corbyn and all it does is continue to destroy itself over Europe.
Madness.

Bless.
Someone who actually regards R4 and the Times as worthy :yawnstretch:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Under the first, which is thought to be Mrs May’s favoured option, Britain would collect EU import tariffs on behalf of Brussels. Its backers say that it would solve the Irish border issue “at a stroke”.

I can tell you right now that idea is a total pile of bollocks.

My advice to May: tell the EU that the UK is looking at removing all tea riffs and duties, and they can whistle.

The Irish border is Ireland’s problem not the UKs.
That’s your opinion. That Brexit routine of ignoring it and hoping it will go away, hows that working?

I could see your point if the Eu had thrown us out. Then it would be their problem. But, brexiters voted to leave. Citing control of their orders as one platform, without having the first clue about how to deal with the only one we have.

That’s your opinion. That Brexit routine of ignoring it and hoping it will go away, hows that working?

I could see your point if the Eu had thrown us out. Then it would be their problem. But, brexiters voted to leave. Citing control of their orders as one platform, without having the first clue about how to deal with the only one we have.
Cute that someone thinks we have one border.....:)

I could see your point if the Eu had thrown us out. Then it would be their problem. But, brexiters voted to leave. Citing control of their borders as one platform, without having the first clue about how to deal with the only one we have.

Did someone steal Gibraltar?

I listened to Ken Clark on Radio4 about four months ago, at the time he was preaching the 'Disaster' that we had let ourselves in for. This morning again on Radio4 he was far more condescending, and and came up with some good positive valid and useful points, I think he may be 'won over'?
He knows that he's winning the good fight for damage limitation, I would guess

Even the Guardian is less frothy than you today....

“UK will leave single market and customs union, No 10 maintains, as MPs prepare for key debate”