Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Sitting in their caves, candles flickering poetically.
While awaiting rescue from the second Darien scheme.
Pish!
It wouldn't have mattered. Once in power they'd have sat there blaming the English, fostering distrust and anger towards the "other" rather than coughing to up to not having a Scooby. Sound familiar?

Not pish at all, it's how politicians work. Like this ;-)

1524432299597.png

Liam Fox denies sending controversial tweet about 'burying UK 20th century history' while sitting in front of a giant picture of it

Blaming the EU for our continued failure to address the situation isn't good enough. We're still not doing it, they agreed to kick the can down the road twice in the mistaken belief that we were going to come up with something.

Not going to happen is it?
Really? I thought the whole idea behind the EU was cooperation rather than vituperative praxis. It takes two to tango and they have their part to play in practically espousing the ideals that they lay claim to. Graciousness in divorce proceedings does not seem to be their forte so far.

Really? I thought the whole idea behind the EU was cooperation rather than vituperative praxis. It takes two to tango and they have their part to play in practically espousing the ideals that they lay claim to. Graciousness in divorce proceedings does not seem to be their forte so far.
Have a like for resurrecting praxis. Not seen it in print nor heard it spoken in decades.

A Genuine question.
For example, Lidl has their HQ in Germany, after March next year, what will be their tax situation regarding the UK customs, bearing in mind that much of their stock; dairy produce, meat and vegetables, fruit etc are sourced from British farms, but the bulk of their products are German or EU sourced.
I'm only asking regarding the situation, as if we were to leave the CU.

Has it occurred to anyone that since the bureaucrats of the EU grudgingly allowed Article 50 to exist that they might have some, small, responsibility to make sure that it is executable in a fair manner, having taken into account borders etc?

It seems odd that those who won the diplomatic coup of its inclusion would come home rejoicing in the fact that it was either not worth the paper it was written or that they expected a punitive execution of it that would harm their state, hence making it an appearance of democratic mandate for the consolation of the masses only.
it certainly occurred to me. And I suspect that I am not alone.

You were all told there would be problems, iirc everyone dismissed them. Now we're face to face with them it's the fault of the EU...

You couldn't make this up.

Nowhere near. At any time soon. Economically, culturally and industrially poles apart.
They are both catching each other up. There is now massive manufacturing in Indonesia - all those cheap workers make production cheap. That’s why the Japanese have opened so many factories there...

Edit:
Indonesia: The fiscal deficit for 2017 is expected to be at 2.6 percent of GDP. Economic outlook is positive due to a supportive global economy and strong domestic fundamentals. Indonesia's real GDP growth is projected to increase from 5.0 percent in 2016 to 5.2 percent this year, and further strengthen to 5.3 percent in 2018.

EU: The fiscal deficit for 2017 is expected to be at 1.7 percent of GDP. The euro area economy is on track to grow at its fastest pace in a decade this year, with real GDP growth forecast at 2.2%. This is substantially higher than expected in spring (1.7%). The EU economy as a whole is also set to beat expectations with robust growth of 2.3% this year (up from 1.9% in spring).

Culturally, I agree with you, but with the rapid islamification of the EU from third world middle eastern and North African nations, the EU is quickly catching up. :)

Last edited:
A Genuine question.
For example, Lidl has their HQ in Germany, after March next year, what will be their tax situation regarding the UK customs, bearing in mind that much of their stock; dairy produce, meat and vegetables, fruit etc are sourced from British farms, but the bulk of their products are German or EU sourced.

They seem to have no problem operating in the very defo not EU USA.

Grocery Store | Low Prices | Lidl US

A Genuine question.
They'd pay UK taxes through their UK subsidiary. Any import/tariffs passed on to consumer, or not, depending what our WTO schedules end up being.

Has it occurred to anyone that since the bureaucrats of the EU grudgingly allowed Article 50 to exist that they might have some, small, responsibility to make sure that it is executable in a fair manner, having taken into account borders etc?

It seems odd that those who won the diplomatic coup of its inclusion would come home rejoicing in the fact that it was either not worth the paper it was written or that they expected a punitive execution of it that would harm their state, hence making it an appearance of democratic mandate for the consolation of the masses only.

You mean the same EU that rubber stamped the Germans demands for the EU to crush a Greece to protect German banks?

They are both catching each other up. There is now massive manufacturing in Indonesia - all those cheap workers make production cheap. That’s why the Japanese have opened so many factories there...

Culturally, I agree with you, but with the rapid islamification of the EU from third world middle eastern and North African nations, the EU is quickly catching up.
They're nowhere near. Yup, they can assemble but until they have full design and partnership in automotive/aerospace design they're not there. Korea is much closer.

The rapid Islamisation of Europe is a bit of myth, much pushed by Putin's little helpers.

On the latter point, a major takeaway of the Pew report (and its companion from this year) is that fertility has much less to do with religion and much more to do with economics, social services, women’s empowerment, and conflict. The fertility rate across all 49 Muslim-majority countries fell from 4.3 children per woman in 1990-95 to about 2.9 in 2010-15. This was still higher than the global fertility rate in 2015, but it’s a strikingly fast drop given the fact that it took some Western European countries nearly a century to transition from six children per woman to three.

The Muslim Overpopulation Myth That Just Won’t Die

They're nowhere near. Yup, they can assemble but until they have full design and partnership in automotive/aerospace design they're not there. Korea is much closer.

The rapid Islamisation of Europe is a bit of myth, much pushed by Putin's little helpers.

On the latter point, a major takeaway of the Pew report (and its companion from this year) is that fertility has much less to do with religion and much more to do with economics, social services, women’s empowerment, and conflict. The fertility rate across all 49 Muslim-majority countries fell from 4.3 children per woman in 1990-95 to about 2.9 in 2010-15. This was still higher than the global fertility rate in 2015, but it’s a strikingly fast drop given the fact that it took some Western European countries nearly a century to transition from six children per woman to three.

At the rate I am seeing PhDs coming out of Indonesia, massively biased towards engineering and industry rather than arts like the western world, I think the design capability is just about there.

My islamificication comment ended with a smiley - it was tongue in cheek.

Actually it is not a myth. How do I know because I have taught Finish born and speaking Kashmiris and Italian born and speaking Bangladeshis as just two examples of the variety of EU Muslim immigrants' kids, in a high school that was 75% white school, in a small Lancashire ex-mining community (the local community was nigh on 98% ethnic British too).

I can't be arrsed to fire up my old laptop and give you the figures for the two other two school: one 50% immigrant/refugee gang-banger school in South Manchester, the other a 95% ethically Pakistani/Muslim, off the M65.

Go figure before you spout sh!te again.

It wouldn't have mattered. Once in power they'd have sat there blaming the English, fostering distrust and anger towards the "other" rather than coughing to up to not having a Scooby. Sound familiar?

Not pish at all, it's how politicians work. Like this ;-)

View attachment 331936

Liam Fox denies sending controversial tweet about 'burying UK 20th century history' while sitting in front of a giant picture of it
To be fair he has a point. Much of Europe has a shocking history over the last 100 years, and Spain with its Catalonia problem is showing it’s not over yet.

I’m prepared to forgive and forget, but not rewrite history to eradicate some of more embarrassing bits. I doubt you are either, so no argument there.

So your preference is disaster, rather than success for the UK?

You really are a dribbling idiot.
No my preference is pretend brexit, remaining in the customs union at a minimum and ideally the single market.

Take ownership of your own vote.

Any disaster is due to leave voters.

Latest Threads